[deleted post]Why ?? Whats the problem with it ? ANd how about the preformance ?
I think there is no J5 > G3 or G3 > J5, it really depends on what do you expect from a phone...
What does J5 have that G3 doesn't?
- better and probably brighter screen (super AMOLED with awesome saturated colors if you like)
- more RAM (in certain markets, where Moto G3 with 2 GB isn't available, in my country for example)
- it has physical back, home and multitasking buttons so there is more usable space on screen
- front LED but it probably doesn't matter that much to most people
- bigger and removable battery
- I think it may be thinner overall (Moto is curved)
- more developed OS, with more functions
- official support for microSDs up to 128 GB, but I heard you can use SD cards bigger than 32 GB in Moto G
- it comes with more accessories in the box. Again, it probably doesn't matter that much, but having a charger instead of only USB cable is nice, even simple headphones are cool
What does G3 have that J5 doesn't?
- Gorilla Glass 3 (this should be a standard in all smartphones >100$ these days)
- IPX7 water proof
- slightly faster CPU, more RAM if there is available version with 2 GB in your country
- screen auto-brightness
- dual-tone flash on the back
- additional microphone for noise cancelling I suppose
- better loudspeaker (and on the front)
I don't think that stock Android is an advantage anymore, because now TouchWiz is just as fast and it has little, if any, bloatware. But you may disagree.
Stock Android will get updates faster though (probably).
Also, I think these smartphones are really close in terms of camera performance, so there is no point in choosing a winner here.
Ayushi, 18 Aug 2015Which one is better J5 or moto G3?Regarding specs, moto g 3rd ( 16 Gb)variant is better
It has corning glass
Extra processor,extra ram than J5
Plus splash proof.
Samsung lacks above features
Does this phone support LTE... ? because there is no option in settings....
very nice phone guys..in gold color i bought by flipcart 17/7/2015.but it deliverd 18/08/2015 .anyways camra,screen quality is awesome..my reccommend please buy in gold color.by d way sorry for my bad english hehehe
Aya, 18 Aug 2015Where is this phone available? I couldn't find it in Tunisia or FranceThis phone is now available in India, China. May be some European countries.
I got the phone in India after waiting for almost a month from the time i pre-ordered it. I liked the gold colour and i had to wait longer than the people who ordered the other colour. Flipkart did a good job of giving a discount of Rs 500/- (~8 USD) as a token of gratitude towards the long wait.
Why Samsung J5?
It's one of the value for money product from samsung.
It comes with latest android build out of the box.
4G LTE connectivity.
AMOLED screen which is superior to LED screens in all aspects and also power efficient.
Good battery backup.
Good selfie camera with flash.
Compact size(it's of perfect size to handle it in one hand or put in the trouser pockets).
Lag free UI (have to use it for months together to see if it becomes slower as my Galaxy S1 did).
comes with a hands free for this cost (though i have not used it yet to comment on its quality).
Gold colour looks good.
What's not so good?
The 13 MP camera is not that great (compared to the sony sensor that i have on my mi3)
couple of sensors missing (may be a cost cutting measure?)
There are few default apps like games which cannot be uninstalled.
Boring old Samsung design.
sound volume is average (typical samsung)
Verdict: The other worthy alternatives would be Moto G3 or Mi4i which costs Rs 1000/- more(~15 USD). But if you want a better screen which is what we look at during most of the time when we use the phone go for Galaxy J5 without a second thought.
nityanand, 18 Aug 2015Is this phone has compass sensor? Please reply.Yes,this is compass sensor
Anonymous, 18 Aug 2015Yes it has compass + also supports OTG.Sorry No compass. But OTG support is there.
Prem, 17 Aug 2015Is this phone have heating problem as it has non-removable btry... Please tell me guys...it has removable battery
Hello,Samsung giants i am saying you all, why you are doing late to release galaxy j5 and j7 in Italy??Answer me.
nityanand, 18 Aug 2015Is this phone has compass sensor? Please reply.Yes it has compass + also supports OTG.
For Whom who can't afford to buy Samsung J5 a better option could be "Redmi 2 prime" 16gb / 2gb ram.
compensate would be 4.7inch screen and 2mp front vga camera. Else entire hardware config is the same + Redmi 2 prime has more sensors. just 6999/- can save Rs 5000/-
Ayushi, 18 Aug 2015Which one is better J5 or moto G3?i m using moto g 3rd gen 16 gb it is good but dont know about j5