AnonD-614611, 27 Nov 2016And here you forgot to praise your X5Max and EK1 !! Why ?More precisely it is my Vivo X5Max and my Cowon EK2 earphones. X5Max is strictly for audiophiles, who loves music over anything. 99% of the consumers are in lookout for an allrounder, and both J7 Prime and V3Max are better allrounders. I hope you get my point.
Ayen, 26 Nov 2016Is j7 prime has notification light?Yes have. In phone's earpiece right side
sahil , 27 Nov 2016Guys did the Samsung j7 prime is good fr gaming and multitasking how its front camera compare ... moreToday I and my friend sat with both Vivo V3Max and his Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime both of which cost INR 19k in India. This is our second day with J7 Prime. Our prime objective was gaming performance. We installed Asphalt Xtreme as it's a graphically very intensive game and really pushes the chipset to the limit.
Here are the outcomes:
1) V3Max with its superior Snapdragon 652 SoC have a distinctive upper hand over J7 Prime's Exynos 7870. While both are octa-core, SD 652 have four more performance oriented A72 cores and four A53 cores. In Exynos 7870 all cores are A53 cores. Hence while playing this game we both experienced frame drops in J7 Prime, not so in V3Max. Mind you both comes with 1080p displays, very bright and great for games. So, for games V3Max is the clear winner as it ships with more expensive, more performance oriented Snapdragon 652 SoC.
2) V3Max have 4 GB RAM while J7 Prime has only 3 GB. We observed the camera app in V3Max loads way faster, but for the other apps it depends. Social apps like FB, Whatsapp, Twitter loads equally fast in both, but games load faster in V3Max. So, for daily casual use both are equally fast but for gamers and heavy users V3Max is again the winner.
3) Camera performance is near identical in both phones be if main or selfie camera. Both comes laden with a 13 MP rear camera which take decent shots under bright sunlight but under artificial light suffers as usual. This is normal. Same goes for the 8 MP front selfie. Camera performance wise both are identical & both take 1080p videos max. For camera assistance , both lacks IOS but V3Max have PDAF tech hence focuses faster.
4) Samsung always skimps on sensors to save money. This is pathetic. Even some basic sensors like Ambient light sensor, lado scope, magnetic sensor are found missing which leads to the absence of auto brightness and VR support. This is not acceptable of a INR 19K device. But V3Max comes laden will all sensors, you have auto brightness and VR support. So again for gamers and multimedia enthusiasts V3Max is the phone to have.
5) Audio is awesome in V3Max. If you are a music lover, movie lover V3Max will produce immaculate sound with its dedicated AKM AK4375 audio chip. No competition here, V3max wins hands down.
6) Both phones support VoLTE, Reliance JIO works like breeze in both.
7) Both supports fast charging but V3Max charges even faster. With its supplied 18 watt charger, V3Max will charge its 3000 mAh battery from 0 to 100% in 1.5 hours flat!!! But J7 Prime with slightly bigger battery of 3300 mAh will take nearly 2 hours to fully charge. So for fast charging V3max has the advantage, while for battery backup J7 Prime is the winner and its weak Soc compared to V3Max also helps.
In the end if you are a power user & multimedia enthusaist get the Vivo V3Max, else any one will do.
Hope this helps!!!
Samsung mid rangers are all about minimum sensors, ordinary build quality , huge hype , decreasing prices with too high initial price .
Guys did the Samsung j7 prime is good fr gaming and multitasking how its front camera compare to vivo v3 max which is better to buy at this price segment of 20000 with 5.50 inch display . plz reply fast .
no review of this phone here in this gsmarena the no. 1 site for mobile phones searching and reviewing while other sites has a review of this excellent phone j7 prime
legend, 26 Nov 2016whats much better a8 2016 or j7 prime i will wait for answer
asdfghjkl, 26 Nov 2016which one should I buy? Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime or Samsung Galaxy J7 2016? My brother buy samsung galaxy j7prime i buy samsung galaxy j7prime today it has very fast internet all feature are sooo good than any one
Imperator Neubaticus, 27 Nov 2016there is obviously something wrong with your unit. have it replaced/checked because the rest o... moreRecently I experienced the J7 Prime, and for the first time I am impressed with a Samsung midrange phone. It is a very good allrounder and after comparing with my simlarly priced Vivo V3Max, I found below pros and cons:
1) A true dual sim + memory card slot. No hybrid slot here, so you can use both sims and sd card at same time. V3Max comes with hybrid slot.
2) Comes with Android 6 Marshmallow, where as V3Max has Android 5 Lollipop. The Samsung OS is more refined than Vivo Funtouch OS hands down.
3) Bigger battery of 3300mAh. V3Max has a smaller 3000mAh with a more powerful processor so its backup will be less.
4) Both phones come with very good quality 5.5 inch 1080p displays.
5) Both comes with fast charging technology, V3Max comes with a fast charger too.
1) V3Max comes with more powerful Snapdragon 652 SoC.
2) V3Max have more RAM 4 gigs.
3) Both comes with metallic body, but V3Max feels more premium in hand.
4) V3Max fingerprint is not only more accurate but faster to unlock the phone.
5) While J7 Prime skims on all important sensors to save money, V3Max comes laden all sensors.
6) In gaming performance V3Max should be better.
7) V3Max comes with dedicated audio chip AKM AK4375, so audio performance through headphones is way superior.
8) The inbuilt speaker of V3Max is not only louder but also clearer.
In the end both phones strikes a very good balance, as there is nothing like a perfect phone. Vivo V3Max is for those you are more performance oriented and love music. The J7Prime on the other hand has a more refined software and future software updates.
Imperator Neubaticus, 27 Nov 2016there is obviously something wrong with your unit. have it replaced/checked because the rest o... morethe basic thing people do forget to do is ...close all apps running in the background when u are not using...check the standby Times of the battery for sometime..u dont need to go for any battery saving apps as the RAM management and standby times are pretty good in Marshmallow...for instance im getting on screen time of around 9hours on average with 4g WhatsApp Facebook VPN continuosly running on...brightness is set at 50%...the thing is having 1080p screen u have to use at periodic intervals coz with continuous usage having Full HD display the screen time will automatically be reduced to 7-7.5hrs..anyway..heat management display battery back up camera processeser speed are fantastic in this mobile...worth buying...
Jim, 27 Nov 2016Although the design of the phone is refreshing with power & ultra power saving option, its... morethere is obviously something wrong with your unit. have it replaced/checked because the rest of us are happy owners of the j7 prime. personally, my battery life is superb. it lasts me around 30 hours per charge (although i am told it's not advisable to wait until single digit percentages before charging). and that's with moderate usage: i browse the internet constantly, play megapolis and sky force reloaded alternately daily, stream music, and make phone calls every now and then. that's also with a display brightness of 50% with outdoor mode turned on during the day. the phone doesn't get uncomfortably warm and charging it takes just an hour and a half. i don't use power saving modes because in past experiences, it tends to compromise performance.
once again, get your unit fixed/replaced as it is in no way representative of the actual phone. you might discourage other potential buyers with your unfortunate yet skewed circumstances.
samsung is myLIFE, 27 Nov 2016nokia 3310 is better than any other Agree 2 uh dude
So far so good. No logging yet. Still this phone is perfect for me. I could have chosen oppo, but good thing i went for j7 prime. Will use this for the longest time.
Although the design of the phone is refreshing with power & ultra power saving option, its extremely disappointing to note that the battery backup of this phone is a BIG LET DOWN.
I have used various phones over the past few years (motorola,nokia,sony)and I ensure that my battery usage is kept at minimum by dimming the display and applying all other suggestions which increases battery life. Even after all my efforts, the 3300 mAh battery of this phone does not last even 12 hours after being in the power saving mode on data pack!The only reason I use my phone is for whatsapp(often),occasional calls and accessing facebook may be once a day for a few minutes. I cant imagine what the backup will be under normal circumstances. The phone also tends to heat up when on charging mode which is acceptable but if you are planning to buy a phone with a good battery backup, look the other way.