All those users who are using facebook and messenger I want share an advice. Both of these apps uses a lot of ROM adding up to about 1 GB. I can understand Facebook can use lot of ROM, but don't understand about messenger, e.g. other same apps like WhatsApp, google+ etc uses little ROM.
Anyway I reset these two apps after few months to clean of those unnecessary data to clean up my device. I will advice other users should also do this.
Er Nabanila Das, 20 Jul 2017Scrolling down on photos tend to slow it down and then it freezes in Facebook. Anyone has such... moreHi,
I have this kind of issue where it freezes when you click a picture or group of picture on facebook but as I've observed, same thing is happening to any other device too so I think it's facebook itself.
MeetriDaGreat1, 19 Jul 2017I had this phone for 2 months now, never had any problems until last night after I got home fr... moreHeating problems most probably comes because of some reasons like over usage of the mobile phone and by the charger which you are using...maybe on that night,there must be some changes in the voltage which might be the cause for the heating issue(My thoughts).
Er Nabanila Das, 20 Jul 2017Scrolling down on photos tend to slow it down and then it freezes in Facebook. Anyone has such... moreYes
A software update should fix this
Google photos is always laggy on budget devices
Scrolling down on photos tend to slow it down and then it freezes in Facebook. Anyone has such issue ?
I had this phone for 2 months now, never had any problems until last night after I got home from work. I had like 51% on my battery, I had on the charger for a few minutes & it started to get got that never happened before. I'm not that heavy usage with my phone. It had a software malfunction & force close all my apps, it said phone is overheating, so I took the charger off my phone so it can cool down. A few hours later I tried to charge my phone & it wouldn't work, thought it was the cord, so I switch to another one still not charging. I never had this problem, how can I fixed this problem?
luks1, 18 Jul 2017First of all, thanks for tour outstanding review.Can you suggest between j5 prime or j7 prime.... moreIt ultimately boils down to what you want. Do you value a phone thats small and easy to use or want a phone with a better processor and display?
I've been using a j7 prime since a month and frankly speaking i'm quite amazed by what this phone offers.
1. Excellent battery life: i managed to pull off a solid 11 hours of screen on time with about 1 day and 18 hours of usage with 3 and a half hours of youtube, one hour of spotify streaming connected to a bluetooth headset whilst on lte all day. I'm a moderate user and dont usually game on phones. But my device is only a month old so i dont know how well it ages
2. Good quality display: This does not have an amoled display but i can't tell the difference. I had to exchange a unit for a new one cause the old units display was way off in the colour calibration settings and was yellow. But the new one is just fine. I cant stress on this enough but use a screen protector. I dont trust the protection on it.
3. Camera: indoor shots are below average or average at the most but outdoor shots are quite good. I dont record videos that often but i've read reviews and its decent in that department.
4. Design: Its a well designed phone but its rather uncomfortable to use at times. It tends to slip and slide from my palms and fortunately i havent dropped it yet.
5. Software: It doesnt show any signs of lag except while switching between apps from the app switcher and in certain apps like skype. Occassionally apps crash on it randomly especially instagram and the play store but a software issue can fix it. Ram management is decent. Dont get too amazed by the specs. Its quite aggressive and kills certain apps within moments of minimizing.
Overall a great phone. As for the j5 prime, it has slightly inferior specs. A 720p display, older chipset, less battery capacity. Specs dont matter much as long as the device offers a good user experience.
I would recommend the j7 prime over the j5 prime.
Gururaj T, 17 Jul 2017Don't buy this phone...... These people are cheaters....
I own this mobile since 5 months.. m... moreWhat more do you expect from a budget device? You get what you pay for.
Its obvious that samsung won't put high quality electronics and circuitries and keep the price low at the same time.
Next time use a waterproof case or buy a device with ingress protection rating i.e. a water resistant/waterproof phone.
Shibha, 18 Jul 2017Yesterday I updated my J7 prime there was an update of somewhat 32MB after after that my cell ... moreTry to update any app available. Also clean the cache. Last but not least check battery usage and dsiable it for Google. I am also facing a similar issue. Sometimes "Google TV and News has stopped " popped up on my screen whixhbis have disabled.
Yesterday I updated my J7 prime there was an update of somewhat 32MB after after that my cell phone always says "UNFORTUNATELY GOOGLE HAS STOPPED"what the f..k is this everytime I use my cellphone this message pop up too irritating fix it SAMSUNG
luks1, 18 Jul 2017First of all, thanks for tour outstanding review.Can you suggest between j5 prime or j7 prime.... moreJ5 Prime is good. But J7 Prime is better and 50 Euro extra is worth it. J7 Has octacore processor with 3 GB RAM unlike the J5 which has quad-core processor with 2 GB RAM. Also the display in J7 is full HD with 401 PPI which is more than J5. Also J7 has 5.5 inch screen which is very good ( I watched Arrow 1 and 2 tv series on it) than J5 which is 5 inch screen. As for camera department J7 has 8 MP front camera whereas J5 has only 5 MP camera. Last but not least the J7 has huge 3300 MiH battery compare to J5 which has 2400 MiH.
Verdict: if you need a small device as Phone or normal use than J5 Prime is good. But give 50 Euro more and have a complete package or device.
Joker.batman, 18 Jul 2017Okay. I was a bit skeptical about going for samsung as I had an older image of the phones hang... moreFirst of all, thanks for tour outstanding review.Can you suggest between j5 prime or j7 prime.I am looking for a new phone and i cannot decide which to choose between these ones.I woud really appreciate if you reply.
at the night time the photos taken by the camera with flash are worst and not visible.
Has anyone here experienced freezing? Whenever I use the facebook or the instagram app, only after several minutes of use, scrolling down on some photos tend to slow it down and then it freezes after. Am I the only one experiencing this?
Gururaj T, 17 Jul 2017Don't buy this phone...... These people are cheaters.... I own this mobile since 5 months.. m... moreThe specs clearly doesn't show water resist/proof so why didn't you consider that before you went on a light bath on the rain? sweat in pocket or simple water/rain drops is no problem but soaking yourself and your phone in the rain, that's a "No Good" move man.
Okay. I was a bit skeptical about going for samsung as I had an older image of the phones hanging. However, I went for it on a friend's recommendation and here's what I have to say after 15 days of heavy usage-
1) Brilliant Display. The 1080 display does it's job well. Viewing in bright sunlight isn't a problem either.
2) Battery life is absolutely lovely. I was using Xperia Z1 before this, which had a fine battery life and lasted close to a day. However, J7 prime changed my definition of a good battery life. This last over 1½ day on HEAVY usage including gaming, endless calls, 24X7 mobile data on.
3) Premium design metal finish.
4) The option to delete bloatware without rooting. You can delete even the preinstalled calculator.
5) Camera: Exceptional quality even in low loght conditions, powerful flash for rear camera and screen flash for front camera like on iPhone 7.
6) Fast processing. No hanging issues at all. Handles over 150 applications(downloaded) and runs about 30-40 at a time without lag. The 3GB ram does its work well.
7) Enjoyable and smooth toucscreen experience. Good to use and a nice responsive touchscreen.
8) 5.5". I was using a 5" screen and was firm about not going for a tad bigger one, but when I checked thr phone out, it cleared the misconceptions. This phone is good with the screen size, doesn't feel too big.
9) Speaker- the side speaker made me feel a bit odd, but I found the placing better. When the speaker is on the underside, it sometimes gets covered and cannot produce proper effects. However, the side speaker takes care of this brilliantly. Coming to the loudness and sound quality, it's a 10/10 for loudness and 9/10 for quality.
10) Gaming isn't a problem. This runs heavy games like Asphalt and GTA without lag.
There are negative reviews about this device, but I could find no cons till date. If you're in a state of confusion about some xyz brand or samsung, go for j7 prime. The phone works better than your expectations.