Anonymous, 06 May 2017Hi I'm planning to get this kind of phone for my wife and it will be under postpaid. I'm from ... moreFrom the ph bro. Not recommended for your wife. Not for a heavy user bro. As you said your wife play and watch movie a lot. Battery drain so fast. For me not recommended for heavy users. Mine is j7 prime and i want to swap for a new unit or model. Go for zenfone 3 or htc 10.
Hi I'm planning to get this kind of phone for my wife and it will be under postpaid. I'm from Philippines. Guys I know that a lot of you own this kind of device. I have read a lot of comments, I would just like to know if this type of device will last for long. Does this device has LED notification on the front screen, how about the battery does it last for a long time on a single charge. The only games that my wife plays are Clash Of Clans, Candy Crush, Farmville, and some other offline games she's not fun of heavy gaming. The only thing that she's doing is calling, texting and browsing the internet like FB, watching videos on Youtube(rarely). Most of the time she's watching movies offline(Korean). How about the performance of the phone.. Please give me some advise. tnx and regards.
Had an original J7 which has an amoled screen and the big disappointment is the screen on the J7 Prime is nowhere as good, despite the higher res. On the positives it has 3g on on both sims, which was the reason I upgraded. The screen is also slightly smaller than the original J7. The big difference is the improved telephony and a bit more memory. The negatives are the screen and no flash on the front camera. The J7 had a rear speaker while the j7 prime uses the earpiece for the speaker and is not as loud and tinier. Performance is about the same; maybe the J7 a bit faster than the prime, possibly because the software is more mature and polished. Battery seemed much better on the original J7 or am I pushing the Prime too much by upgrading all my apps?But the prime feels up to date with the side simm and micro sd draws; pop a sim in or out and its automatically handled. Sometimes it's not all improvements; cost of parts and keeping to a budget can affect things? My feeling is it doesn't bowl you over like the original J7 and the Prime suffers a bit of cost cutting.
GadgetReview, 05 May 2017Dont buy this peace of a crap of a phone not worth it to buy..exynos chipsets are a joke ..to ... moreLol shut up it really seems and clear that you never owned this phone. This is a must have phone indeed having a great performance in games and everything you threw at it will perform smooth and easy. Shut up then.
Very nice phone, camera is great, battery is very good, nice looking and I like this phone
Why my nba 2k17 has stop? 2 times i download nba2k17
After 3days the app nba2k17 has stop.
Whats the problem of this phone this is 3gb ram and 32gb rom. But the j72k16 2gb ram not logging
KunalMzrGalaxyUser, 05 May 2017I have spend about $300 on J7 Prime and $350 on A5 (2016). I don't think it is low mid range p... moreI bought the one day back good camera screen display also nice worst responses of phone I seen such responses I Samsung Sduos because of low that cannot perform but j7 prime is waste of money mobile is hanging cannot handle more than 8 apps of installed apps. performance will low
KunalMzrGalaxyUser, 05 May 2017I have spend about $300 on J7 Prime and $350 on A5 (2016). I don't think it is low mid range p... moreThats in the lower mid range - to mid range spectrum. Also it is an over priced device considering its specs and performance.
Dont buy this peace of a crap of a phone not worth it to buy..exynos chipsets are a joke ..to expsive for a mali t830 unoptimized games and applications and what the hell to the camera blurry and too much light and your face is to pale..worst case schenario cant even play simple games it lags all the time..very pissed off im going to resell this at 40% down price gonna buy xiaomi redmi pro..samsung its your downfall.
Anonymous, 05 May 2017That's what happens when you buy a lower mid range Samsung.I have spend about $300 on J7 Prime and $350 on A5 (2016). I don't think it is low mid range price. Regards.
Anonymous, 05 May 2017My j7 prime is 1month old can i ask u guys is it normal on the screen if i press hard the scre... moreIt is very normal. I have noticed it on my J7 Prime and also on other device including On7 Pro, A5 (2016). Anyway please don't be panic and use a premium screen guard to protect the screen from scratch. Regards.
Ashu, 05 May 2017I am using J7 prime since oct 2016.now battery of this phone takes too much tym to charge and ... moreYour question about the battery consumption is not clear. You have not mentioned what is your usage style like normal, moderate, heavy or very heavy. Also how many apps and what kind of apps you are using. Many apps in background consumes heavy battery. Also are you a gamer? And are you using Wi-Fi, mobile data, location, Bluetooth all the function at same time? Last but not least if you are using 64 GB or bigger memory card than it is normal to consume huge battery. Anyway I will suggest you to do a factory reset if you can after taking a data back up. Otherwise visit a nearby Samsung service station to get assistant. Regards.
I am using J7 prime since oct 2016.now battery of this phone takes too much tym to charge and it drains in 6 to 7 hours.I am fed up with this phone wat to do.
My j7 prime is 1month old can i ask u guys is it normal on the screen if i press hard the screen theres a white smoky appear on the screen lukes like a soft panel of a tv is normal or defect of my lcd
Frankly saying Galaxy J7 Prime was never marketed as a gaming device. The J Series is below A series and it is targeted more as a mid range productivity device. I agree that at the price of J7 Prime, there are more powerful Devices with Snapdragon/Adreno SOC are available. And they are far better for heavy gaming. If you need a device to mange everything in your life from Social activity, Office works, Money etc; than J7 Prime is an excellent choice. But if you want a pure gaming device than J7 Prime is not for you. In stead go for Mi Note 4, LeeCo 2S or Lenevo K6 Note etc. Thanks for reading.
Bought it 3 months ago and it's been a good experience so far.
Things I like:
1. Battery. Lasts a full day of usage that consists of mostly gaming(Asphalt Xtreme and Traffic Rider in normal settings and around 15% of screen brightness), reading PDFs (2-3 hours on 5% screen brightness), browsing Reddit (for 3-4 hours). Charges really quick as well. Gives 50% charge in around 20 mins and full in 45 mins(with the charger that came with the mobile).
2. Screen size and clarity for the money. It's definitely a plus when I have lots of presentations and other college related videos to watch. Saves my day all day on it. Watching YouTube is just superb IMHO on this. Some may say it's not according to their wishes, but I like it very much so far.
3. Looks and feel. When asked to guess, people guess the price far above where I expect them to guess. People sometimes mistake it for an S6 or an S7. It looks expensive and feels fairly good on hands. Really love the metal body. The front looks and feels expensive as well. Feels rightly weighed and is thin enough in a good way.
Things I Don't Like or Didn't like much.
1. Performance. It's good at gaming so far with minimal lag. Never got frozen. But I wish it had a little more punch in the performance department.
2. This hasn't happened to other apps but the Reddit(Offical) app gets crashed quite frequently. Really dunno why that happens. Otherwise, it handles multi-tasking really well.
3. Camera. 6 out of 10 times when I take a pic, I end up with a picture with very minor blur even after the autofocus is on or when it is done manually. It's annoying when you have to take quick snaps of notes and you end up with minor blurred pics. It maybe okay to you if you don't care much but it's still readable tho.
4. Speaker. I honestly am scared to put any audio file at the highest possible volume level as the speaker is a tiny one on the side. It gives out fairly clear sound when there isn't much of noise around. To rate, I'd give it 7.5 on 10.
5. On-hand feel. It feels really well made and all but the back metal body is really slippery and I recommend that this phone must be used with a case.
My conclusion is that Samsung really made a nice phone with fairly decent specs and it certainly delivers on it.