About battery life, GSMARENA does good testing and gives rating and also maintains all time list.
M30s has received rating of 130h which 7th in all time list
M30 has 119h rating.
Majority 4000 mah phones have રેટિંગ somewhere around 95-100h
So, you can see that m30s is better no doubt.
Just that it isn't no.1 place with 150h as many hoped and at least 140h which feels disappointing to people.
But it is definitely more than other phones with 4000 mah.
I am using this phone for around 2 months now and my observations matches with GSMARENA ratings.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 2020Samsung Galaxy M30s or Redmi Note 8 Pro?
Battery life should be good
Gaming is not a prior... moreBattery is awesome in m30s but check my previous post too.
It requires some changes in settings and some effort from samsung to give OTA update.
If gaming and camera isn't priority and battery is main point then m30s is better choice without a doubt.
Super AMOLED display is another big positive.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 2020some people says 6000mah is not real
& it kept battery like 4000-4500 phones
at least... moreNo... Battery indeed is 6000 mah worth.
Just that samsung has cut a few corners like omitting ambient light sensor which puts heavy toll on battery. You have to turn auto brightness off if you want better battery life. There are few other settings which you should change to get better output. Majority people don't do any such thing and use the phone as it is which doesn't provide them with expected battery life. Also battery life differs with each person due to different usage pattern.
I was previously using Motorola G5 plus. It had 3000 mah battery and it used to give me around 9 hours of SOT and 2-3% drop overnight.
Initially, out of the box, m30s was giving 15h of SOT which is definitely more than what I was getting from G5 plus but less than what I had expected but I received OTA update 2-3 weeks ago which has improved battery life as I am currently getting 17h of SOT with only 1% drop overnight and I am hoping samsung will optimize it even further in upcoming updates.
And about m30 vs m30s.. M30 has much slower processor compared to m30s so it gives indirect boost to m30 in terms of battery. But still I would I say m30s more hours but difference wouldn't be as big as one would expect.
So, in short, battery is good as it is no doubt but it takes little bit time,effort and willingness to do necessary sertings to get the maximum output.
Does it have network issues?
and is GPS working fine with it?
I own Samsung J4 I'm between buying M30s and Xiaomi Note 8 Pro..
which one suits me? I don't play heavy games and I watch/read a lot
Samsung Galaxy M30s or Redmi Note 8 Pro?
Battery life should be good
Gaming is not a priority
Camera is not a priority
Pjd, 01 Jan 2020I am using Indian version of m30s... It has built-in call recorder. No need of extra apps. I c... moresome people says 6000mah is not real
& it kept battery like 4000-4500 phones
at least no diffrence btw 5000 of m30 & 6000 of m30s
even it a little worser than m30
what can you tell us about this???
Anonymous, 01 Jan 2020How to get call recording function ?
Yes battery life is better.I am using Indian version of m30s... It has built-in call recorder. No need of extra apps. I checked the function, works perfectly. When on call, you can click on 3 dots menu in top right corner. "record" button is given there.
But different countries have different rules regarding privacy concerns. So it might not be available in your country.
So, check it once in phone dialer app settings.
Darkman, 28 Dec 2019Do you pls if it has Gorílla Glass ? Thanks !!yes gorilla glass 3 but use tempered glass for no scratches or damage
Anonymous, 01 Jan 2020How to get call recording function ? Yes battery life is better.ACR app from play store
How to get call recording function ?
Yes battery life is better.
When it will be available in the Philippines? I would prefer this than the S10 lite.
I have been using the m30s for a month now and I have seen a huge improvement over the years since I have used Samsung mobiles and the m30s is one of the best that I have bought less expensive than other new ones. For daily users the m30s are better.
I have been using this smartphone from last 3 months.
Here are some of the list of positives and negatives from my experience.
1. Amazing sAMOLED display (Watching videos are good on this phone)
2. Good Processor (Gets the daily multitasking done - don't expect too much gaming)
3. Amazing UI (Really liked the One UI its intuitive and good)
4. Nice Camera (I am not a camera geek hence I canÂ’t comment much about the camera)
5. Samsung Brand ( It is always better to choose, branded phones considering the trustworthiness of these companies, Chinese brands will take all your data)
1. Worst GPS /Compass (If you use maps on your phone better stay away from this phone GPS sucks on this phone, I am really frustrated because of that)
2. Bloatware - Like any other mid-ranger You get some of the Samsung and Microsoft apps which you cant uninstall) (But you can force stop/disable some of these app)
3. Plastic body - The body is made of plastic with not so exact fitting (The body is made from ordinary plastic and if you press along the left-hand side phone edge, you will feel that itÂ’s not properly build, there are clicking sounds and a gap between the plastic body and the screen)
4. Color - The sapphire blue option in this phone is not good as it very glossy same is the case with black color option. Instead of blue the company could have used green which is used on the sides for extra color (Use can always use a screen protector)
5. Battery life - The phones battery life is not that impressive as it is marketed, my 3000mah Moto G5 Plus used to last me 1 day in full charge, while this phone last me only 1.5 day (even after having twice the battery size)
6. Light sensor - The automatic brightness sensor is not that responsive and couple of time you will have to adjust brightness manually
7. Fingerprint Sensors - The finger print sensor is of poor quality and is not well bonded the plastic body. It is at times slow and has plastic feeling to it
8. Loud Speaker - The Loudspeaker on this phone is just okay it could have been more loud
9. Updates - Being Samsung mid-ranger phone don't expect quicker updates on this device
Congrats to Samsung for finally using a normal sized battery. And not using these terrible curved screens.
The phone seems quite good on paper.
If the battery was removable it would be the best phone out there.
Does your phone have call recording function ?
My m30s doesn't have I'm from middle east?
groom, 28 Dec 2019Samsung M30S or Pocophone F1? Which one is better regarding the battery life, network signal a... moreM30s is an overall better phone if you don't do gaming. Poco F1 has flagship Snapdragon 845 processor and that's the only good thing in that phone. M30s is better because of AMOLED Small Notch Display, 6000 mAh battery, decent processor, better software and user interface. Definitely M30s you should go for.
Samsung M30S or Pocophone F1? Which one is better regarding the battery life, network signal and build quality?
Do you pls if it has Gorílla Glass ? Thanks !!