shane , 27 Jun 2013sriram i want a big screen size mobile so can u suggest me any other model?micromax a116
shane , 27 Jun 2013sriram i want a big screen size mobile so can u suggest me any other model?what is your budget.
rickycool888, 27 Jun 2013can a S pen or any kind of stylus be used on this? please reply soon. Thanks.You can use Capactive stylus, but you have no slot in phone to put it. You have to carry it around.
sriram i want a big screen size mobile so can u suggest me any other model?
poor screen resolution and price 25000/- s3 is bettter to have in 26000/-
can a S pen or any kind of stylus be used on this?
please reply soon. Thanks.
screen tech, 25 Jun 2013worst phn i ever seen. 540 x 960 screen in a 5.8 inches screen!!!!! only 190ppi at 24k??? it's... moreA lot of these reviews are realy prejudice.Most people don't even have this phone.
ami, 24 Jun 2013more than mega nd grand is better is s3 is supper fetures and much more Yes... S3 is better than both Grand and Mega. There is huge difference between Mega and S3. Also S3 falls in different segment. Then for S3, you need to spend more money.
Here, I am comparing Mega with Grand as both are similar phones, falls in the same segment (but not of S3), both are phablets (S3 is not a phablet) and both shares almost same features except some minor differences. Also Mega is lower segment phone when comparing with S3 and priced heavily which is not worth.
Also many people are confused in choosing the right phone between these 2 models. So I came out with that comparison (earlier post) hoping that it would help people.
shane , 25 Jun 2013sriram i want to know shall i buy tab 2 or grand?You want me to suggest between Grand and Tab 2.... Fine.
Again, Grand wins between these 2 models.
shane , 25 Jun 2013sriram i want to know shall i buy tab 2 or grand?I have already given my verdict in my earlier post.
Go for Grand. It is value for money.
worst phn i ever seen. 540 x 960 screen in a 5.8 inches screen!!!!! only 190ppi at 24k??? it's a total waste of money. you should find a better phn at this price. there r thousands of phn models better than it. imagine how it looks when one put this thing on his ear. also need a bigger pocket to carry this stuff. I can't understand why phns become bigger day by day. that's ludicrous.
I am seeing many people are confused in choosing the phone between Grand and Mega 5.8. I don't own any of these models. So I am not trying to support Grand here, but to do a good comparison between these 2 models. I hope that this would help you in choosing the right model and getting value for your money.
Here I could see some people preferring Mega 5.8 over Grand. I think, they do so just by looking at the screen size. Just see the following comparison between these 2 phones.
1. The Mega's screen size is bigger and it is good for browsing and viewing pictures / videos.
2. The OS version in Grand is 4.1 and Mega is 4.2. The Grand is also expecting OS upgrade 4.2
3. The processor in Mega is just 0.2 GHz more than grand and the effect is not something great or you can't feel / realise it. If it would have been 1.6 GHz, it would have made difference.
4. Display is same in both phones... TFT. But in Mega, it is slightly higher than Grand... qHD... BUT NOT EVEN HD. NOW ALL OTHER BRANDS ARE OFFERING HD OR LED DISPLAY AT THIS PRICE BAND. Do you want to spend more money for normal display. So you pay little less and go for phone with similar normal display or pay more (at the same price of Mega or little more) and go for HD / LED display. But don't waste more money again on normal display like qHD as there is no big difference between the display of Grand and Mega.
5. Pixel density is almost same in both phones. Nowadays all other brands are offering higher pixel density for bigger display and also at this price.
6. Grand comes with flip cover which costs about 1500. But Mega doesn't come with flip cover for which you need to invest (if you want it) another 1500 more. MANY PEOPLE DON'T SEE THIS AND THE COST ASSOCIATED WITH THIS.
7. If you compare the costs of both phones, FIRST YOU NEED TO ADD THE FLIP COVER COST OF Rs. 1500 TO MEGA'S PRICE (24000+1500) and then compare the costs. Many people miss this.
8. Grand is available for around 18500-18900 in all retail stores. But Mega costs 24000 without flip cover, with flip cover more than 25500.
9. Camera is same in both.
10. Grand has FM, but Mega does not. Anyway, FM is not available / received in all places, but only in cities.
11. Battery of Mega is more powerful than Grand. Yes.. obviously it should be. Because the screen is big. Keep in mind that the more powerful your battery is, the more time it will take to charge fully.
So most of the specifications of Mega and Grand are same except some minor differences said above and they are not making difference in major way.
NOW THINK.... IF YOU NEED TO GO FOR MEGA BY PAYING MORE THAN 5500 - 7000 (with flip cover) JUST FOR 0.8 INCH MORE DISPLAY ... THAT TOO NOT HD, BUT JUST QHD WITH LOW PIXEL DENSITY.
In my opinion, GRAND IS VALUE FOR MONEY, BUT MEGA 5.8 IS NOT. It does not mean that Grand is something great, but between these 2 models it is a good choice as in Mega you would be wasting your money Rs. 5500-7000 just for 0.8 inch more for average display.
It is your hard earned money. Think... if you want to waste it on something which is not worth. Don't buy a phone for just a new model is available in market. See if it is really a value for money. Because after 6 months, another model may be coming with bigger display than this.