worst phn i ever seen. 540 x 960 screen in a 5.8 inches screen!!!!! only 190ppi at 24k??? it's a total waste of money. you should find a better phn at this price. there r thousands of phn models better than it. imagine how it looks when one put this thing on his ear. also need a bigger pocket to carry this stuff. I can't understand why phns become bigger day by day. that's ludicrous.
I am seeing many people are confused in choosing the phone between Grand and Mega 5.8. I don't own any of these models. So I am not trying to support Grand here, but to do a good comparison between these 2 models. I hope that this would help you in choosing the right model and getting value for your money.
Here I could see some people preferring Mega 5.8 over Grand. I think, they do so just by looking at the screen size. Just see the following comparison between these 2 phones.
1. The Mega's screen size is bigger and it is good for browsing and viewing pictures / videos.
2. The OS version in Grand is 4.1 and Mega is 4.2. The Grand is also expecting OS upgrade 4.2
3. The processor in Mega is just 0.2 GHz more than grand and the effect is not something great or you can't feel / realise it. If it would have been 1.6 GHz, it would have made difference.
4. Display is same in both phones... TFT. But in Mega, it is slightly higher than Grand... qHD... BUT NOT EVEN HD. NOW ALL OTHER BRANDS ARE OFFERING HD OR LED DISPLAY AT THIS PRICE BAND. Do you want to spend more money for normal display. So you pay little less and go for phone with similar normal display or pay more (at the same price of Mega or little more) and go for HD / LED display. But don't waste more money again on normal display like qHD as there is no big difference between the display of Grand and Mega.
5. Pixel density is almost same in both phones. Nowadays all other brands are offering higher pixel density for bigger display and also at this price.
6. Grand comes with flip cover which costs about 1500. But Mega doesn't come with flip cover for which you need to invest (if you want it) another 1500 more. MANY PEOPLE DON'T SEE THIS AND THE COST ASSOCIATED WITH THIS.
7. If you compare the costs of both phones, FIRST YOU NEED TO ADD THE FLIP COVER COST OF Rs. 1500 TO MEGA'S PRICE (24000+1500) and then compare the costs. Many people miss this.
8. Grand is available for around 18500-18900 in all retail stores. But Mega costs 24000 without flip cover, with flip cover more than 25500.
9. Camera is same in both.
10. Grand has FM, but Mega does not. Anyway, FM is not available / received in all places, but only in cities.
11. Battery of Mega is more powerful than Grand. Yes.. obviously it should be. Because the screen is big. Keep in mind that the more powerful your battery is, the more time it will take to charge fully.
So most of the specifications of Mega and Grand are same except some minor differences said above and they are not making difference in major way.
NOW THINK.... IF YOU NEED TO GO FOR MEGA BY PAYING MORE THAN 5500 - 7000 (with flip cover) JUST FOR 0.8 INCH MORE DISPLAY ... THAT TOO NOT HD, BUT JUST QHD WITH LOW PIXEL DENSITY.
In my opinion, GRAND IS VALUE FOR MONEY, BUT MEGA 5.8 IS NOT. It does not mean that Grand is something great, but between these 2 models it is a good choice as in Mega you would be wasting your money Rs. 5500-7000 just for 0.8 inch more for average display.
It is your hard earned money. Think... if you want to waste it on something which is not worth. Don't buy a phone for just a new model is available in market. See if it is really a value for money. Because after 6 months, another model may be coming with bigger display than this.
I am using it from last two days.very nice phone.it has only 8 mp camera but quality is very gud..good display. one thing which i must appreciate is battery quality.VALUE FOR MONEY..DONT JUST GO WITH CONFIGURATION..BUT ALSO CHECK THE QUALITY..NICE PHONE GO FOR IT....
i am a samsung customer since 2007,i am using samsung grand till last week,its a good and user friendly phone i bought samsung mega last week ,its big in size presently it have no problems after one month will give actual feedback,no accserious in this pack (flip cover pouch ,memory card etc...
AnonD-158184, 23 Jun 2013its just bullshit man, better to buy NOTE 2....bcs it stands nowhere at d front of not 2 in te... moreI agree & support or statement. What is the meaning to made it can't understood. 5.8" screen & 540*960 resolution?
And what the price against all the specs.
its just bullshit man, better to buy NOTE 2....bcs it stands nowhere at d front of not 2 in terms of specification and performance wise too. it doesnt hav amoled or very less ppi.... and its too pricey ... total waste of money
Happen to experience this phone at a store, the phone screen is really nice. it way much better than Galaxy Grand. Camera Quality was decent.Body has a slim design and feel lighter than Grand. for 24k fone is surely off to a flying start. talking on this fone is little uncomfy but one can get used to it.
Cannot Hold and Type it one hand as it may tend to drop.
Anonymous, 22 Jun 2013camera is 8mp only
its really a bad mobile to spend money on
the only good thing is the... moreCertainly, you cant expect a 20MP camera with 50X Optical zoom on a phone.
The Screen is LCD, That big Amoled would rip our pockets apart.
Its a Vibrant screen, and better than Grands screen.
camera is 8mp only
its really a bad mobile to spend money on
the only good thing is the screen