lala, 06 May 2014how to take screen shot?http://lifehacker.com/5994516/how-to-take-a-screenshot-on-android
I just got the problem with the battery charging up to 40% and then stalling.
I tryed resetting the phone, changing the battery with an identical one (almost new) still the phone will not fully charge it.
I charged the mini2's battery on another samsung and it fully charged.
So the phone has a problem...
laddi mann, 16 Mar 2014Samsungplanned to update the Galaxy Mini 2 with Android4.1 Jelly Bean but no confirmation of a... morei dun get (7. Then install by the ROM by selecting "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card." Choose the CM10.1 custom ROM and confirm the installation. Do the same with the Google Apps zip file.)can U pls.. explain... many thks ...
I WAS satissfied with this phone .. but know not any more ... i have done EVERYTHING to optimize the phone's performance ... unfortunately,you can't expect to much from a low end phone .. even Lenovo a369i is better than this !! I agree with the other comment too .. MINI 2 can only support Gingerbread for official firmware .. but other device with same spec can do better ...
xperia E use processor same with mini 2 Qualcomm MSM7227A Snapdragon Cortex-A5.
but why xperia E clock speed 1GHz and mini 2 800 MHz? and xperia E can run JB but mini 2 nothing?
Go to recovery mode audio up and down plus power when phone is turned off and reset it in the recovery mode, factory reset
Ilock my phone using a pattern then my friend try to unlock my phone but,he can not open it and he reach the maximum number for unlocking the phone.then the phone asks me to unlock using my google account,but I either forget my passward or my username.what shal I do? I need a help...
wow,what I can write about galaxy mini 2 s6500 is that,it is a good phone,but with alow speed on internet."DON'T BUY THIS PHONE"
Samsungplanned to update the Galaxy Mini 2 with Android4.1 Jelly Bean but no confirmation of any dates when will this happen. Owners of the handset may update their Galaxy Mini 2 to Android4.2.2 Jelly Bean using CyanogenMod 10.1 series.
CyanogenMod 10.1 custom ROM for Galaxy Mini 2 includes the following functional features:
Full graphics unit acceleration
Internal and external storage mount
Bluetooth & tethering
USB & tethering
Warning: This is a custom ROM and developers are not liable for any damages which may occur on your device. Read and follow the instructions carefully to avoid damaging your handset. Do it at your own risk.
1. This ROM is compatible with Galaxy Mini 2 S6500. Do not flash this ROM to any other device or suffer unexpected consequences.
2. Make a backup of all your personal settings and data files on your device.
3. Battery level must be at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption.
4. Enable USB Debugging modeon your phone.
5. Root and install ClockworkMod recoveryon your Galaxy Mini 2.
6. Download and install USB driverson your computer.
7. Download CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 custom ROMand Google Appspackage on your computer.
1. Connect your Galaxy Mini 2 to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy the downloaded CM 10.1 and Google Apps zip files on the SD card of your handset and do not extract them.
3. Disconnect the phone from the computer and turn it off.
4. Press and hold the Volume up + Home + Power keys to reboot into Recovery mode.
5. Inside the Recovery mode, create a nAndroid backup of the current ROM. Select "backup and restore > backup."
6. Now perform a full wipe, select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition."
7. Then install by the ROM by selecting "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card." Choose the CM10.1 custom ROM and confirm the installation. Do the same with the Google Apps zip file.
8. After the installation, go back to the main menu and select "reboot system now."
9. Wait till the boot finishes which may take at least 5 minutes.
Well done! Your SamsungGalaxy Mini 2 is now running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with CyanogenMod 10.1.
I have S6500 for year and 2 months now... and I must say this is, hands down, the worst phone I've ever had...
- it lags so much it's frustrating
- Internet browsing is super slow (weather I use wifi or mobile network)
- it was scheduled for official Android 4.x but as it looks now, it will stay on 2.3.6
If you can choose, don't buy this, as you will surely regret it.
AnonD-234422, 17 Feb 2014Use it for a year and half.. -Rooted takes some times, like studying and done rooting like 1... moreI agree, i've been using this **** for a year and it is super lag, subway surf is so lag, and low res screen, not even clash of clans is good on this device because it jas low res screen, i always watch video and i got f***ed up so i use lap top. DON'T BUY THIS PHONE, if you need a almost same price phone with 5 times spec, lenovo A706, good choice.
i want to upgrade my android version to jelly bean or any latest version plzz help and if i upgrade then it will harm my ph or not.
plzz send the procedure- email@example.com
plzzz help me i am very disappointed with this ph
This is still a good basic Android device. Although stuck on Gingerbread, most apps run pretty fine. Also, this is the only device I can SIM-unlock and debrand under ten minutes ;)
In reply to abraham link:
Samsung has announced on September 24, 2012 that Galaxy Mini 2 was to be updated in the future with Android 4.1 "Jelly Bean".
Later, Samsung abandoned development of Jelly Bean for Mini 2.
Altrough there is an UNNOFICIAL version of android 4, but I guess is unfinised and have bugs.
Conclusion, DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG as it is a LIAR. I buyed this phone for my mother as a present, now all of my familiy swiched on Sony Xperia L, as it camed free from the Carrier.
Samsung Statements and Software Development team SUCKS BIG TIME!