i almost mess up with the touch screen yesterday.. i try to calibrate.. but it getting worse.. lol... but finaly i can do it.. wheeww... but i want to ask some question.
1. does this phone had a notification led? like incoming messege or ym? and there is 2 sensor i see besides the earpiece, is that a notif led? how can i turn it on.
2. are your phone the same as mine? when i touch the middle of the touchscrenn, its like the liquid inside lcd being pressed.. is it normal?
3. have you guys used a anti spy or anti glare screen protector? is it reduce the sensitifity of the touchscreen?
overall this phone is great compare with my ex xperia x8. i sold it for this mini. at least i dont have to worry my internal mem full.. and i confirm this mini has gpu andreno 200. its not mention at the spec above.. thanks.
@ sandeep, you are welcome, i am glad that info i provided was useful.
I brought this handset for 9k from Hotspot (now Spice retail) in Bangalore, i am hearing ppl getting at 8.5k-8.7k from different places (because of competition), you need to do some research by yourself on this :)
Finally I decided to take Galaxy mini after going through all the posts...Thanks for all your inputs... I will buy this weekend and will update you my findings..Can anyone tell me wat is the best buy? 8500?
John Ruben, 02 Mar 2011Hi all, let me answer some of your questions: 1. Yes it supports live wallpaper, you dont n... moreThank you verymuc...I decided to buy this after reading all the reviews...thanks for taking time and updating..I will update my views once i get one
can i install yahoo messenger on this fone? which is better se x8 or this fone?
I am useing this cell from last one week. disspointed wid
1)Poor battery backup( i need to charge cell mostly two times of day)
2)BAD camera quality (its bad thn nokia 5233's 2 mp camera)
3)less internal memory( i wana install many apps but cant do it wid limited memory backup .tryed to move most apps to SD card but it doesnt sloved problem)
4)LIve wallpaper makes Cell slow
5)poor speaker output
6)Takes Hours to charge to 100%
1)awsome screen touch responce
2)Good earphone sound quality
3)charge wid usb connection
4)multi touch to zoom pics
I'm using this mobile quiet a many days... and guyz its really really awesum in all aspects. If you are a browzing freak,and if u are looking for a "mobile PC" This is the mobile for you!
The swype feature makes you type text faster than ur thought...!
The inbuilt browser works too great with all sites and suppports dynamic java content...giving u a full pc browsing experience.
The capacitive touch screen is extremely sensitive giving you a dreamlike experience using the mobile.
The Charge wont stand more than a day, if u are one who use the mobile for everything except calling.
Go Ahead and enjoy your smartphone!
I like this phone but theres something i wanna know before i buy it. In phones like Nokia 5800, E72, C5-00, C5-03 etc etc Nokia offers free lifetime navigation with Ovi Maps. In such phones, maps can be downloaded into the phones from Ovi Suite and thereafter no internet connection is needed for navigation/GPS. Is such a feature available in this phone? I know that on Android platform GPS can be integrated with google maps but do we have to connect to net everytime that we want GPS/navigation?
Nan, 01 Mar 2011Does it support android 2.3(gingerbread)......??for android 2.3 there is shoulb be min 1ghz proc
Just purchase my mini this mornin'.. I like it.. I use se x8 b4, I just sold it 3 days ago.. But the screen comparing with x8, its like a little blur.. almost got the screen mess up with the calibration.. it kind a hard to calibrate right? But thats ok, as long as I have a froyo on hand.. the x8 suckss.. Waiting for 3 month never get update froyo.. Lets try this phone further.. ;) n 1 thing it support live wallpaper.. But as my exp livewp drains batt alot.. I never use it again, accept showoff hahaha...
my friend has HTC, it can be function as a wi-fi hotspot for other gadget to connect to the internet. can this galaxy mini function as a wifi hotspot too?
hi! i want to ask which is better samsung galaxy ace S5830 or galaxy mini S5570? im planning to buy a new phone next week thanks! :)
arjunnsingh, 02 Mar 2011how is the money value of this fonehello arjun,
give some reviews of your phone as u r using it...is it worth buying or not and price also.
Hi all, let me answer some of your questions:
1. Yes it supports live wallpaper, you dont need to root, it comes with one already in the phone, i tried with aquarium and it was awesome
2. Kies does support this phone and i am using it, all you need is .net framework 4 client to be installed in prior. Tethering is also supported which connects you to internet
3. Upgrading to 2.3 will only be possible if samsung officially declares and provides all the updates.
4. It supports smooth multi touch
5. you can play most of the 3D games without any lag
(accelerometer compatible games also supports)
6. it lacks flash, so all youtube videos will be streaming from a youtube app instead of your browser
7. PDF, Word, Excel all office files can be viewed
8. For some here who wants to know if this phone is better than nokia's symbian, my answer is "Complicated", I had been using symbian all my life and i really like symbian's functionalities than android phone, for non-GUI classic user with rich control over your smartphone "symbain for any day" :)
Finally my observation of Samsung mini
1. Camera is Fixed focus but does really better than other phones in its class
2. Speaker phone is the worst of all, i hardly found voice coming out when in speaker-phone mode, my micromax x225 was far far much better than this.
3. Battery for standby is Good as said by samsung, that is you need to switch off Edge completely with Auto Sync and Background Data OFF. If you are a user who keeps experimenting with new apps and plays music and browsing, you can maximum make out for ONE DAY ONLY.
4. No front Camera so no Video Calling
5. Lower Screen Resolution is the drawback, but with few widgets and some custom Fonts you can definitely make your mini much better.
Anonymous, 02 Mar 2011Are they sure this doesn't support live wallpapers? Cause I saw a video on YouTube where the g... morecan you please give the youtube video link where it shows live wallpaper on this phone??? i have been hearing everywhere that live wallpaper is NOT supported in this phone......... that's in fact the ONLY reason i am considering not to buy this phone
smallgent, 02 Mar 2011Surely since Android has the USD tethering function. It is very easy. I tested already.What is USB tethering function?
Are they sure this doesn't support live wallpapers? Cause I saw a video on YouTube where the guy is used a live wallpaper. I'm just not sure if it was rooted or what, though it looked unrooted to me.
2.3 supports only for 1ghz processors and one more thing lg optimus runs with 2.2 )froyo) which is the last update .........