Hi all, let me answer some of your questions:
1. Yes it supports live wallpaper, you dont need to root, it comes with one already in the phone, i tried with aquarium and it was awesome
2. Kies does support this phone and i am using it, all you need is .net framework 4 client to be installed in prior. Tethering is also supported which connects you to internet
3. Upgrading to 2.3 will only be possible if samsung officially declares and provides all the updates.
4. It supports smooth multi touch
5. you can play most of the 3D games without any lag
(accelerometer compatible games also supports)
6. it lacks flash, so all youtube videos will be streaming from a youtube app instead of your browser
7. PDF, Word, Excel all office files can be viewed
8. For some here who wants to know if this phone is better than nokia's symbian, my answer is "Complicated", I had been using symbian all my life and i really like symbian's functionalities than android phone, for non-GUI classic user with rich control over your smartphone "symbain for any day" :)
Finally my observation of Samsung mini
1. Camera is Fixed focus but does really better than other phones in its class
2. Speaker phone is the worst of all, i hardly found voice coming out when in speaker-phone mode, my micromax x225 was far far much better than this.
3. Battery for standby is Good as said by samsung, that is you need to switch off Edge completely with Auto Sync and Background Data OFF. If you are a user who keeps experimenting with new apps and plays music and browsing, you can maximum make out for ONE DAY ONLY.
4. No front Camera so no Video Calling
5. Lower Screen Resolution is the drawback, but with few widgets and some custom Fonts you can definitely make your mini much better.
Anonymous, 02 Mar 2011Are they sure this doesn't support live wallpapers? Cause I saw a video on YouTube where the g... morecan you please give the youtube video link where it shows live wallpaper on this phone??? i have been hearing everywhere that live wallpaper is NOT supported in this phone......... that's in fact the ONLY reason i am considering not to buy this phone
smallgent, 02 Mar 2011Surely since Android has the USD tethering function. It is very easy. I tested already.What is USB tethering function?
Are they sure this doesn't support live wallpapers? Cause I saw a video on YouTube where the guy is used a live wallpaper. I'm just not sure if it was rooted or what, though it looked unrooted to me.
2.3 supports only for 1ghz processors and one more thing lg optimus runs with 2.2 )froyo) which is the last update .........
Questions., 02 Mar 2011Don't buy this. You can get the LG optimus p500 at the same price range. LG has promissed a An... morelg has promised the 2.3 update but onething u need 2 remember 2.3(gingerbread) supports only for 1ghz processor not for mediocre processors
arjunnsingh, 02 Mar 2011how is the money value of this fonebut the diff with p500 about us$100, and the spec almost the same, just the diff in lcd. but u can buy one more phone with that money. lol..
Don't buy this. You can get the LG optimus p500 at the same price range. LG has promissed a Android 2.3 update for all optimus models.
MNG, 28 Feb 2011Hai guys, Can we use Galaxy Mini (pop) as a modem for using internet on PC? Pls reply...!!!Yes you can use the tethering function on the phone. This is part of the Android functions.
MNG, 28 Feb 2011Hai guys, Can we use Galaxy Mini (pop) as a modem for using internet on PC? Pls reply...!!!Surely since Android has the USD tethering function. It is very easy. I tested already.
d3yz, 28 Feb 2011does anybody install nfs shift yet? can it play smoothly? or other high end games? plz reply m... moreyou can. i look in pulsa magazine. it maybe work even in my 5503. the key to play is nothing app running in background except nfs shift
Does this phone support SKYPE. Has anyone used skype on this phone ?
I've been using this Galaxy POP for quite a few days now and guys believe me the phone is incredibly marvelous at this price range. :)