Simon K, 16 Jan 2012Had the phone now for 2 weeks, I love it but there are some issues as the recipients of my mee... moreI had to return my SGN after going off by itself, it hangs.....just a bogus phone
Anonymous, 25 Jan 2012Can the Nexus video call? I can't seem to find the option through contacts.Yes it can. You have to use Skype, Google+ or Google talk.
Anonymous, 23 Jan 2012hey friends! which is a better phone? samsung galaxy s2 or galaxy nexus?? can we upgrade ginge... moreThe excellent:
- Software. You've got updates and fixes.
- GPS. Locks fast (5-8 seconds in my car).
- Screen. The best screen today, period. I've used them all. Contrary to what others are saying, this is being advertised not for the camera, but for the screen and the software (the camera _software_ and the "Nexus" debate).
- Secondary camera: very nice.
- Hardware performance. You can notice lags rarely. Mainly on the launcher. But it feels fast especially on demanding tasks, which is good. The Galaxy S II has some components that are better (the GPU, I believe).
- Battery. It's not abysmal like everyone else is saying. It's expected for a phone with this large screen. I'm talking about the GSM version...
- Compatibility. Some apps are still not fine tuned for ICS. Skype is a notable example.
- Reception. On par with my Milestone/Droid. Better than the Nexus S. Better than all my previous Nokias.
- Loudspeaker. Could be louder.
- Camera. It's not bad. The software makes up for a lot of its deficiencies and the zero-lag (provided by the hardware) is awesome. But at 5mpx, there is only so much that you can do... for today's standards, it lacks.
Those are my impressions after 3 weeks. If mostly of what you care about are in the "excellent" and "good" criteria (especially the screen!), go for it and you won't regret. And of course, as long as the camera is not a huge compromise for you. Remember: it's not bad by itself. It's that today (and yesterday, too --- see GSII), we have much better options.
If any of the "bad" is a deal breaker for you, then forget it.
Overall, it's the best phone I've ever had: bunch of Nokias, the first iPhone, HTC Magic, Milestone, iPhone 4, Nexus S, HTC Sensation, and finally this. This felt to me like a huge update to previous stuff. I value screen, performance, GPS, secondary camera (gtalk chat a lot) and the software/freedom of the Nexus. It's no wonder I bought the GNex and I'm extremely satisfied. And no, definitely no iPhone 4S for me.
shan008, 25 Jan 2012dude, juz a piece of advice from me.. get ur language sharpened.. its "own" not owen... moreI believe he did try his best to fix his grammar. He has a point though. Its pretty useless saying that phones are not good. We do have different points of view on phones. So its better if we say we dont like it coz it doesnt suit us. ^_^
BTW "BAD MOUTH" means that your saying bad about something. but the way he used it I supposed he meant Bad Mouthing the phone...
Anonymous, 18 Jan 2012So, i bought this phone yesterday and yeah, it's call and all but, when i tried to call other ... moreIt can be a selection of:
1- a lemon;
2- bad reception;
3- cr@ppy carrier.
I have mine and reception is just as good as other phones (not the top best, but better than almost anything I've had --- a lot of Nokias). Seems on par with the Milestone/Droid.
I have absolutely no problems... people even say that the call quality is very good when I call them. I have a GSM GNex, by the way.
Joe53, 12 Jan 2012I just bought my 2nd Nexus and I am sure you do not owen this phone and you just iPhone Fan an... moredude, juz a piece of advice from me.. get ur language sharpened.. its "own" not owen.... & wth is bad mouth..?? for god sake, plz get ur language fixed.. =.="
Can the Nexus video call? I can't seem to find the option through contacts.
Anonymous, 23 Jan 2012hey friends! which is a better phone? samsung galaxy s2 or galaxy nexus?? can we upgrade ginge... moreThere is ICS for S2 but beta. not everything works yet but iys close. is every day use for loots people. check forum galaxy2
I like this phone, it's better than the Galaxy S2 in my opinion, but don't get me wrong, there are some downsides. I would compare this to the S2, HTC Rezound/Sensation XE, and even the Galaxy Note if you prefer. this is a great tech'd out phone because of its dual core 1.2GHz processor and super amoled 720p display. It seems to lag a little (only been 2 months of use so far) whenever i open my contacts app.. the camera isn't that great too and it is advertised for it's camera... (portrait unlock, panorama capture, snapshot which is very common these days)
hey friends! which is a better phone? samsung galaxy s2 or galaxy nexus?? can we upgrade gingerbread to ice cream sandwich s2????
I can say only ,fantastic...
Its my first android phone, long time Nokia user
but this phone is awesome..
ANd after 30 days still have 9 GB of free storage after instaling Sygnc Car Naviation , alot MP3,
games. pictures movies...i really dont see need for MORE storage.
Dave, 20 Jan 2012This phone only has 16gb internal memory and you cant get 32gb in the UK no one is selling it.... moreI just got my Verizon G-nexus, and it has the 32gb internal memory. Actual size about 28gb.