i have tjis phone for 3 months and i update it to jelly bean. the project butter is wonderful
Can you guys give me your opinions and reviews regarding this device ? As i'm planning to buy it in 5 days.
Thanks in advance
Do you know how to find the cell info display (CID, the tower from which you cell receives network) in Nexus? or any android?
Thanks in advance.
zubin, 22 Sep 2012been using this since couple of weeks, bought from Alfa Mumbai, i think whatever negative i he... moreSir, at what price did u buy the phone..??i m planning to buy it..hows the phone..??and something bout the battery life..thanks in advance..
According to the reports of users from all over the Pakistan almost all Google Services are currently under the radar of technical issue in the ISP systems, and currently down for masses in the Pakistan. Google Services including the Google Search, Blogger, Google Drive, Google Maps, Google Play, and every other service provided by Google.
AnonD-58943, 14 Jun 2012Using Galaxy Nexus for 2 weeks now....Location..Delhi..India - Amazing phone..amazing respo... moreIs it available in india now or still have to purchase via gret market. How was ur experience since u have used for few months now. Shud i get one now or any other options as on date.
please tell me how to solve the problem of play store
every time I try to open it I face the 'no connection" and "try" problems
please I need a real solution
i have get nexus and i have see update 4.0.4 and i made update but i do not get 4.1 how can i update mu phone to jelly bean
very nice phone for any use! bought it at 10th of september and i think the next time i will get phone will be at 10 sept of 2015+
-incredible HD screen! resolution is crazy for a phone! so far the best on the market! even compared with iphone5 and same with galaxy S III.
-size is excellent if u want to use it not only as phone but as a mini tablet, to be honest i use this phone more now for visiting sites than i use my notebook!
-fast reactions on everything and auto restart after some seconds if android crashes.
-instant update on latest android version.
-low cost compared to the same level phones! i prefer nexus compared with iphone 4s and maybe even iphone 5 and i guess we cant even compare prices !
-because of the huge shiny incredible screen, it obviously needed a better battery.. ok this battery is better than many phone batteries of the same level but its not enough for its screen..
-card slot maybe.. ok most of us wont need more than its memory but some will..
-speaker.. in my opinion its kinda low.. especially with that screen u certainly want to have nice and loud speaker for enjoying HD movies video clips or whatever..
-2 small negatives in one- radio and camera. i would never use radio anyway and the camera is enough for me.. but for those days they could put better camera because simply this phone deserves it..
i am sure i forgot couple of things but i hope this comment will help those who think of buying it :D ty!
never regret using google phone since nexus one
waiting 3G nexus 7 to produce and i will buy it:)
Faisal, 22 Aug 2012is anyone having not charging problem in galaxy nexus??i cant charge my GN with its charger an... moreNot charging correctly? It's because of the early upgrade bugs since GN gets new ones first. If you are still having problems use your control panel which which displays ON/OFF switches to brightness, wifi, sync, Blue tooth, etc. Turn them ALL off. I would suggest turning off NFC as well. After turning all of them off, shut the phone down and power it back up. Have no clear idea why this fixed this problem me and other owners had. But whatever. If it's the same issue where it doesn't charge or even recognize the charger and continues to discharge. This may be your cure. Hope it helps.
I got this phone on July 19th. After about a week I was getting frustrated with battery life. Only a 1850mah. Not small, but not reasonable for a phone with such screen size and brightness. RAM is okay. But the S3 has twice that. Plus a 2100mah battery. I switched to an S3 about 2 weeks ago. It performs way more smoothly while the Galaxy Nexus lagged by simple home page-to-home page action. There are numerous complaints from owners I know on connectivity issues and battery life. And extended batteries end up not fitting otterboxs or other effective defender cases. The phone works great in 4G areas and 3G is great too. But if you have the extra $100 just get the S3, at least the S3 isn't dying every time I've needed to use it. Jelly bean is awesome and had that update while still using the Nexus. But it's not like the Nexus is the only phone to get jellybean. The Galaxy S3 L710 4G LTE on ICS is my preference over the Nexus. Not that the S3 won't have Jellybean. It just won't be the first to get it. I rate the phone as 3 stars. The S3 would be a 4-1/2 stars.
Great phone! Went from a Nexus S to a GN, and it's a reaffirmation of everything I love about the Nexus series:
1) OTA updates mean this phone has a much longer operational life, and tangible improvements with each update mean that there's always some new feature that you'll be able to show off
2) Compatibility - this goes for apps/widgets, but also custom roms too. Easy to unlock/root/flash. Massively customizable, and easy enough to learn on
3) imho vanilla android looks/works better than any of the other oem flavours. Plus the phone doesn't come with a whole bunch of bloat/crapware which I appreciate
4) Screen is gorgeous. With no hardware buttons on the front, and the slight curvature of the phone, it's really a good looking unit
5) Multitasking execution is excellent. With the multitasking button it's easy to switch between or close running apps (probably goes for all androids since ICS, but a definite edge over the win/ios where multitasking is clumsy or completely absent)
6) Hardware still holds up pretty well. The 1.2ghz A9 is still above average, and the ui feels snappy and light. Camera has zero shutter lag, and I only ever have to charge it at night so battery life suits me just fine
7) At $350, it's a really good value, especially compared to the iphone5 (smaller screen, same processor, starts around $700) or galaxy s3 (which has a nice quad core but comes preloaded with bloat and to my knowledge is still wating for jb)
Can't recommend the phone enough, especially for the android diehards or anyone wants to be on the leading edge but doesn't want to spend a fortune