Allright, 29 Mar 2017Thanks gor clearing my doubt, was pretty hopeful, but sadly have to wait for duos !
Please sp... morewhat's different and things i noticed till now-
1. the ui is sleeker and much more cleaner. earlier ui had one font going over the whole ui now 2 fonts are present simultaneously one is the standard samsung font that we already had on marshmallow and a new condensed font on the status bars, pop ups and dialog boxes which looks cool. the icons can be kept with frames or without frames which is a new feature. app folders are transparent now. app drawer has a search bar now for app suggestion. phone app shows some beautiful color effects while calling someone. notification drawer looks new with sleeker icons...many more changes i can't remember
2. screen resolution can be changed between HD, full HD (this is the default setting), QHD
3. blue light filter added
4. 3 power saving modes are there now which provides more control over power usage.
5. now you can long press an app on homescreen which opens up a quick shortcuts box with options sleep,uninstall(no need to drag for uninstalling now),app info
6. settings panel has a big overhaul. things are less scattered now. the best thing is that at the bottom of any particular settings there is a option which says "Looking for something else" and provides some options in case you went to a wrong setting and you were looking for something else.
7. samsung pass is new.
8. there is a new performance mode does nothing special rather than toggling brightness and resolution.
9. camera ui has good new look and quality is still same no changes. images still come out crispy.
10. there is a glance mode which is new i guess was not available or marshmallow.
11. auto brightness sensor was little slow on marshmallow but now it is perfect and detects change in luminosity quite quickly.
12. fingerprint scanner has become considerably faster for me earlier it was not great. i always had complaints about the fingerprint scanner.
13. i noticed a small bug with charge percentage indicator. like suppose i wake up my phone and it shows 59% then within fraction of a second it shows 53%. now again if i press power button and put it off to sleep and again if i wake it up it shows 59% then within no time it shows 53 or 54%. this is a small bug no big deal. overall the battery indicator at the top corner gives accurate readings no problem there.
14. battery life has considerably improved for me maybe 12-15% on LTE. overnight my note 5 used to drop around 8-10% but last night it dropped only 2%. i am very happy.
15. overall the performance has improved. no heating issues while gaming.
16. samsung pay has stopped working. it says ""samsung pay coming to more devices, stay tuned".
17. no always on display :-(
Tucking Fypo, 29 Mar 2017nougat arrived for n920g (single sim) not for n9208 (dual sim). both are different. you guys h... moreThanks gor clearing my doubt, was pretty hopeful, but sadly have to wait for duos !
Please spare some time to explain the fearures and performance, battery life compared to marshmallow.
mobsons, 29 Mar 2017Not received the 7.0 update for my N9208(duos) India, are the Firmware's different !nougat arrived for n920g (single sim) not for n9208 (dual sim). both are different. you guys have to wait i guess.
Tucking Fypo, 28 Mar 2017nougat update rolling for n920g indian note 5 model. just got it nowNot received the 7.0 update for my N9208(duos) India, are the Firmware's different !
Freakin, 28 Mar 2017Android Nougat 7.0 is rolling out in India, Just got the OTA pop up! Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N910G).... moreAre you sure, since I have not received any such updates for my Note 5 N9208 (Duos), is it different ?
I can certainly stick with my Note 5 duos 64gb for 1 more year for Sure.... Granted !
Thanks Samsung for the Nougat!
Initially it seems awesome with added features: blue light filter, screen resolution and the whole new UI experience including keyboard with symbols etc.
Let's see how it goes. So yeah! Keep up the good work!
Android Nougat 7.0 is rolling out in India, Just got the OTA pop up! Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N910G). I'll update the review shortly... :)
nougat update rolling for n920g indian note 5 model. just got it now
SUNNY, 22 Mar 2017I am using Galaxy Note 5 64GB Dual Sim indian, in still 6months warranty. The best series mad... moreNo doubt Note series is the most Stylus Smartphones & it's unbearable.User experience is at par.
Anonymous, 25 Mar 2017Bro you came to part little late. Note 5 is indeed a very good phone. If nougat is avilabe the... moreAh, I may have arrived to the party late, but all the cool people are here, and most importantly, the wine (Note 5) has matured! IE, I have a rock solid fast version of TouchWhiz, everything is just perfect. I really do not understand why Samsung didn't launch this in the UK, they really blew it because people would have bought one instead of the Note 7 after the recall and that would have hurt Apple.
On that subject, I don't know why anyone would buy an iPhone, even an 7 Plus over a Note or S7. So much more versatile and more innovative UX features too.
ResolvePi, 25 Mar 2017Here in UK unexpectedly came across a 32GB AT&T branded Note 5. Popped my EE Sim in and sp... moreBro you came to part little late. Note 5 is indeed a very good phone. If nougat is avilabe then update it. From peoples experience Nougat altogether brought a new experience on thia phone.
Here in UK unexpectedly came across a 32GB AT&T branded Note 5. Popped my EE Sim in and spent an hour testing everything and ended up buying it. Had two Note 4s before and wow what an improvement. I had ano S6 and 7 and it seems like a mix of all three phones. Minus waterproofing which I don't need.
If anyone has any tips etc be grateful. It has Marshmallow (doesn't want to.upgrade further) and being it still has AT&T software do you think I need to do a full reset to make it full EE and get Nougat? I don't want to root ithe.
Yes i received android Nougat 7.0 last night 23 March 2017, and its running absolutely smooth and fast amazing UI and new update in Theme Store
Shhzd amar, 22 Mar 2017I went to the local market, strangely all the shops quoted me a price of around 40k... The lea... morebro you know what, i used an OP3T today and also the matte black variant is launching on 31st march. i am tempted to get one now.
Zyad elemarwany, 21 Mar 2017My mobile got the nougat which my version is sm-n920c :) its fantastic!!!may i see the new screen on your galaxy note 5?