Note 6 Suggestions:
(Now that the Note 5 is out, i'm disappointed. So I'm gonna start my Note 6 suggestion.) Note 5 is almost perfect. Great specs, great camera Big display, great CPU, AMOLED display, the S-Pen and greatly improved sofware.
1.) Front Facing SPEAKERS*
- Stop copying iPhone's design. The only thing good about the iPhone is its logo. Samsung should try to beat Apple at the Front Facing Speaker design. They already copied the Xperia's glass back cover, so they should go the extra mile and copy its thin dual front speakers for the Note 6. Just don't copy the Xperia's on-screen navigation buttons.
- I have a Note 3 since april 2014. And immediate i knew i wanted to upgrade to the Note 4. But when i saw that it has a backward facing speaker, i got very annoyed. So i didn't buy one. Now it seems the Note 5 won't have front speakers as well so i may hold on to my Note 3 until the Note 6. For me, Front Facing SPEAKERS should be the standard for all phones and tablets. I can't emphasise enough how stupid backward-facing speakers are. Even the side-firing speaker on my Note 3 is bad. I keep blocking the speaker in landscape mode.
-One Front facing Speaker will be a big improvement. But Dual or Stereo Front Speakers will be great.
2.) Capacitive-Touch Home Botton*
- I hate the pressable physical home button on my Note 3. I don't wanna keep pushing or pressing a button everytime i wanna go to the home screen. I just wanna touch or tap the home button. And i hate the on-screen buttons, by the way. Samsung should never do that on their phones.
- Just copy the One Plus 2's home button.
- The home button can still be physically pressable but put capacitive touch on the button so that i can have the option.
- Put the Finger Print Sensor right at the Power button like the Sony Xperia Z5. This way the home button can be smaller and therefore make the top and bottom bezel of the phone smaller.
3.) 6.5 Inch Display with 16:10 Aspect Ratio.*
- One-handed use is already impossible at 5.5 inch and above. I think the Note phone will be perfect with 6.5 inch 16:10 rario display. I like the galaxy Mega 6.3 screen size. Big screen but still fits in my pocket comfortably. But the rest of the specs are disappointing. With 6.5 inch display, the Note 5 will be a real Phablet (Phone/Tablet).
- The original Note phone has 16:10 aspect ratio display. With very thin side bezels of the Note 5, 16:10 display will look very good.
- I want a Note phone the same size as the Huawei MediaPad X2. My only problem with it is i hate on-screen navigation buttons. And it doesn't have an S-Pen and Super AMOLED display. The 2 things that should be on every phone and tablet.
4.) Full DeskTop Mode Android for when i connect my phone to a TV via HDMI. Just like Windows 10 Continuum on phone and Ubuntu Convergence.*
5.) ip68 Water & Dust Proof*
- Don't make a Note "Active" phone version. they're ugly. Just do what sony does with their Xperia phones.
6.) USB Type C Port*
- Faster Charging and faster wired data transfer.
7.) Dual SIM *
Don't make the micro sd card and second sim swapable. I wan't to use a second sim and micro sc card both at the same time.
8.) Sapphire Protection for the display.*
9.) Faux Leather Back Cover*
- The Note 5's glass Back looks very good and looks very premium. But it's very slippery and fragile. Leather back cover is the Note Phone's unique identity. It makes the phone look more like a notebook and look very classy.
- I like the lether look and rubbery feel of it. It provides better grip and prevents the phone being very slippery. It Shouldn't be real leather because real leather will absorb sweat everyday. It will smell very bad in just after a month. (based on my past experince with wrist watch leather straps)
- It doesn't matter if the back cover is removable or not as long as it has a big battery.
10.) Bigger or Higher Capacity Battery.*
- Why put a smaller battery on the Note 5 compared to the Note 4? The Note 6 Should have at least 4300 mAh battery.
- Don't design the S-Pen silo like the Note 5 where if you put the S-Pen backwards it will ruin the pen detection.
12.) RAM Management.*
... - Samsung's software aggresively kills apps in the background to save battery. But it makes the phone perform alot slower than other phone.
AnonD-100398, 14 Sep 2015Ya man even i noticed the pastel front camera while taking the hands on however i think it wil... moreIt's actually very clear. Better than most front cameras I've used. It doesn't have that usual grainy look to the pics, it's more like using the beauty face filter when you're not.
It could be better, for selfie fans (which I'm not), but it's slightly above average. I prefer the rear-cam selfie feature anyways, if it's not going to be a super quick snapshot.
Samsung already start to mass produce their 6gb ram/12Gb LPDDR4. This mean the Galaxy S7 will have it.
Dear users, can you please let me know your experience regarding the performance of the battery? please.
AnonD-430264, 14 Sep 2015Pros: -Very fast -Great looking -Beautiful screen -Speaker is loud -Light & compac... moreYa man even i noticed the pastel front camera while taking the hands on however i think it will b fixed in future updates.but the front camera is as clear as it can be, i wish it also had a OIS ..
Anonymous, 13 Sep 2015I have been reading last file pages of comment, nobody has really bought and told some real-ti... morePros:
-Speaker is loud
-Light & compact for its screen size
-Fingerprint unlock is always dead-on
-S-Pen very accurate
-New S-Pen features make multitasking simple
-Camera takes stunning photos even with low light and has tons of free plug-ins to enhance picture taking
-Battery last all day with heavy use
-Quick charging works as stated. Fast!
-Phone stays cool even when pushed
-Is kind of slippery without case
-Front camera makes pictures look pastel
-No SD Card or removable battery (for those that absolutely need that)
-There have been quite a few times where I had sound on full and didn't hear my text ringtone (sometimes having to restart the phone, clear app cache or turn the volume down then back up)
-Sometimes I can't view HD pictures in horizontal mode until I clear app cache
-Several times the texting multitasking mode gets stuck horizontal even when the phone is vertical, have to yet again clear app cache or phone restart
-I use Chrome for Web browser. There are times when scrolling long pages that I do get slight delay at first if I start scrolling slowly then fast.
That's pretty much where I'm at with it so far. Will update if I discover any more issues.
yeah no card slot but hey samsung has new features 130Gb cloud storage free for 2 years! =)
AnonD-100398, 13 Sep 2015Hahahahaha Lol man U just made me LOL a lot.the best part was the ULTRA boring classes.lolLol. That keep the old man quiet. I guess you guys win.
It has no memory card expansion and only available in 32GB and 64GB?! Is this for real?
In some countries it's only 32GB why Samsung why. No more Samsung. I'll wait for the new htc or iPhone 6s.
AnonD-440518, 13 Sep 2015i heard the pre order started in in india.i am planning to buy my first phone in note series.i... moreSee it depends ,lots of buy may not even need the 1 time scren replacement cause the quality of screen and very good and durable and lots of buyers wud take care of there new shiny device a lot..if u dont want a wireless charger and u can wait and u really really want the silver color then u have to wait. The only option ritnow is gold 64gb even that has been delayed for shipment now , if u buy now it will b shipped on the 20th.
I bought it on 09/10 i.e my device will b shipped on the 16th. But i guess the slot for 16th shipping got full that is why they have now delayed it to the 20th .The more u delay the more u will have to wait for the device and u may loose the preoder offer as well.
Anyways All the very Best for whatever u do. Enjoy.
It will be available from 20th of this month, but if you pre book the device you will get a free wireless charger and you can also avail one time screen breakage replacement by just pay 999.So if you are planning to buy then its better to pre book
i heard the pre order started in in india.i am planning to buy my first phone in note series.interested to buy note 5 silver titanium 64 gb model.any idea about its release in india with 64 gb silver clour.else is it available any other country???
Anonymous, 13 Sep 2015I have been reading last file pages of comment, nobody has really bought and told some real-ti... moreDude what r u expecting a pros as rocket launcher or Time machine out of Note5 ....Lol Its simply a great smartphone man! for its list of pros and cons check out the specs and the very Good Review by Gsma.but wait asap i get my device i will give u my personal review.
I have been reading last file pages of comment, nobody has really bought and told some real-time pros cons. I will buy it when S7will launch in 1st qtr. It'll have a 5.7"screen a real contender fr N5. Anybody got S6 no need to upgrade as same ditto hardware. Same genomics. There is whole world to see, than buy 850$ set.
AnonD-337409, 11 Sep 2015Yeah i was thinking about lg phone. Biut ive never used that brand before. Il have a look:)Trust me and try it :) u will not be disappointed :) yah u don't have a reason to trust me but man... I don't have a reason to say it to you not at all... I'm just heavy user... And this advice is friendly ... Take a look on LG g4 on net if you don't sure about it... Again sorry for my English... I know it's bad as dual core cpu
TheNeighbor, 09 Sep 2015I only carry one extra. I get 100% power after a minute of swapping, rather than wait about 1 ... moreWell,I still no get it. Maybe I unlike you are a heavy user. But its ok, thank for sharing.