BK, 01 Apr 2017I Bought a Galaxy Note 5 about ten days ago. After I switched on the phone first time, it prom... moreIts fault with the software, personally I have used 3 Note 5, none of then suffered from such problem, get your phone replaced..!
I Bought a Galaxy Note 5 about ten days ago. After I switched on the phone first time, it prompted for a software update. After the update, now the screen interface looks like a very ordinary phone and is quite unfriendly. Emails from exchange server do not sync for some unknown reason. I took the phone to a Samsung service centre. They could not do anything and they said it was problem with the latest software version.
I am completely dissatisfied with the phone. I now regret my decision to buy this phone. It looks like Samsung phones have lost their quality possibly owing to high sales volumes. We should be very careful now in buying Samsung phones especially at this time when Samsung has come out with S8.
Tucking Fypo, 23 Mar 2017bro you know what, i used an OP3T today and also the matte black variant is launching on 31st ... moreHehehe... Oneplus phones are very appealing dude... I still don't have any complaints with my oneplus 3, apart from the service centre thing... There are a few small bugs after the 7.1.1 update, but they do not matter during day to day usage... They will get sorted in the next update...
Did you grab the matte black variant?
Tucking Fypo, 30 Mar 2017what's different and things i noticed till now-
1. the ui is sleeker and much more cleaner. e... moreI really appreciate the way you explained everything about Nogut update for Note 5.
Thanks a ton mate.
Allright, 29 Mar 2017Thanks gor clearing my doubt, was pretty hopeful, but sadly have to wait for duos !
Please sp... morewhat's different and things i noticed till now-
1. the ui is sleeker and much more cleaner. earlier ui had one font going over the whole ui now 2 fonts are present simultaneously one is the standard samsung font that we already had on marshmallow and a new condensed font on the status bars, pop ups and dialog boxes which looks cool. the icons can be kept with frames or without frames which is a new feature. app folders are transparent now. app drawer has a search bar now for app suggestion. phone app shows some beautiful color effects while calling someone. notification drawer looks new with sleeker icons...many more changes i can't remember
2. screen resolution can be changed between HD, full HD (this is the default setting), QHD
3. blue light filter added
4. 3 power saving modes are there now which provides more control over power usage.
5. now you can long press an app on homescreen which opens up a quick shortcuts box with options sleep,uninstall(no need to drag for uninstalling now),app info
6. settings panel has a big overhaul. things are less scattered now. the best thing is that at the bottom of any particular settings there is a option which says "Looking for something else" and provides some options in case you went to a wrong setting and you were looking for something else.
7. samsung pass is new.
8. there is a new performance mode does nothing special rather than toggling brightness and resolution.
9. camera ui has good new look and quality is still same no changes. images still come out crispy.
10. there is a glance mode which is new i guess was not available or marshmallow.
11. auto brightness sensor was little slow on marshmallow but now it is perfect and detects change in luminosity quite quickly.
12. fingerprint scanner has become considerably faster for me earlier it was not great. i always had complaints about the fingerprint scanner.
13. i noticed a small bug with charge percentage indicator. like suppose i wake up my phone and it shows 59% then within fraction of a second it shows 53%. now again if i press power button and put it off to sleep and again if i wake it up it shows 59% then within no time it shows 53 or 54%. this is a small bug no big deal. overall the battery indicator at the top corner gives accurate readings no problem there.
14. battery life has considerably improved for me maybe 12-15% on LTE. overnight my note 5 used to drop around 8-10% but last night it dropped only 2%. i am very happy.
15. overall the performance has improved. no heating issues while gaming.
16. samsung pay has stopped working. it says ""samsung pay coming to more devices, stay tuned".
17. no always on display :-(
Tucking Fypo, 29 Mar 2017nougat arrived for n920g (single sim) not for n9208 (dual sim). both are different. you guys h... moreThanks gor clearing my doubt, was pretty hopeful, but sadly have to wait for duos !
Please spare some time to explain the fearures and performance, battery life compared to marshmallow.
AnonD-657010, 29 Mar 2017Not received the 7.0 update for my N9208(duos) India, are the Firmware's different !nougat arrived for n920g (single sim) not for n9208 (dual sim). both are different. you guys have to wait i guess.
Tucking Fypo, 28 Mar 2017nougat update rolling for n920g indian note 5 model. just got it nowNot received the 7.0 update for my N9208(duos) India, are the Firmware's different !
AnonD-656772, 28 Mar 2017Android Nougat 7.0 is rolling out in India, Just got the OTA pop up! Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N910G).... moreAre you sure, since I have not received any such updates for my Note 5 N9208 (Duos), is it different ?
I can certainly stick with my Note 5 duos 64gb for 1 more year for Sure.... Granted !
Thanks Samsung for the Nougat!
Initially it seems awesome with added features: blue light filter, screen resolution and the whole new UI experience including keyboard with symbols etc.
Let's see how it goes. So yeah! Keep up the good work!
Android Nougat 7.0 is rolling out in India, Just got the OTA pop up! Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N910G). I'll update the review shortly... :)
nougat update rolling for n920g indian note 5 model. just got it now
SUNNY, 22 Mar 2017I am using Galaxy Note 5 64GB Dual Sim indian, in still 6months warranty. The best series mad... moreNo doubt Note series is the most Stylus Smartphones & it's unbearable.User experience is at par.