Do introduce a dual active sim!!
i just switched on to Mate 07 bec of the only reason....and found quite cost effective mobile
And don't forget the wireless charging with Qualcomm now outing the tech for phones with metal rears as well and yes the new fast charging tech's like Quick charge 2.0. Boy battery ain't going anywhere :)
Anonymous, 30 Jul 2015I fall into the replaceable battery camp. However, I would never swap batteries on a regular ... moreVery well pointed out the battery swelling problem of S4 but that's one phone only. Why I now think replaceable battery is not a dire necessity these days is because-
1. Non-replaceable battery doesn't mean it can't be taken out; it simply means that you would have to take it to the service center for the same but if you have the proper instrument (in this case screw drivers with fine tips) you can change it yourself as I have done several times. Though it might void your warranty.
2. I have seen very few people carrying around an extra battery with most people having more than one mobile/tablet device. A portable charger is a far better option which can cater to the needs of multiple devices as micro-USB has become a standard in most devices.
3. A common problem with Android phones is that they hang frequently and taking out the battery and again rebooting is the frequently used solution. A workaround is holding POWER + VOLUME DOWN + MENU key for 20 seconds which instantly reboots the phone; no need to take out the battery.
4. An embedded battery makes the phone slimmer and lighter and allows the manufacturer to work more on the aesthetics and appeal. Also it allows the phone to be more water resistant ie IP68 or more rated.
5. Regarding the battery swelling problem, you can't do much as battery is to replaced and with phone being within the warranty period would not pose that much of a problem as the company will provide the new battery.
6. A user non-replaceable battery forces the manufacturer to make the Sim and memory card hot swappable which I personally find is a brilliant thing; as I remember I had to take out the battery every time I changed the sim.
I hope I have given enough reasons in favor of non-requirement of a user replaceable battery. Rest on you all. If you agree with me, please let me know. If not, then also let me know what I missed.
kd_india, 30 Jul 2015For those who are always crying out for a user replaceable battery, i want to know what actual... moreThe difference is that I have 3 batteries and external charger, battery gets empty, I spend one minute to replace it with full, no need to charge your phone ever. Just something you get accommodated to, once you try it.
Anonymous, 30 Jul 2015What a boring ,what Samsung doing .? everything is same 95% from note4. Im useing note4 and w... moreIt's only been a year. The specs difference will not be much but it will feel a bit faster due to less bloatware.
kd_india, 30 Jul 2015For those who are always crying out for a user replaceable battery, i want to know what actual... moreI fall into the replaceable battery camp. However, I would never swap batteries on a regular basis. I would just like to have the ability to buy a replacement battery @ my local big box store, rather than send my phone back to the manufacturer for a replacement battery.
kd_india, 30 Jul 2015For those who are always crying out for a user replaceable battery, i want to know what actual... morewith the s4 there was an issue where the battery would swell and the phone would randomly cut off... because the battery was replaceable they were swapped out in store instead of having to send the entire phone back to Samsung. Just one reason for the removable battery.
For those who are always crying out for a user replaceable battery, i want to know what actual benefit would it confer and would it actually make a difference in your life?
P.S. - I had been a die hard supporter of user replaceable battery but my stand has changed after using my tab s 8.4. I would like to tell the reasons after i have heard why people actually want it as i think can answer all of their worries neatly!
Anonymous, 30 Jul 2015What a boring ,what Samsung doing .? everything is same 95% from note4. Im useing note4 and w... moreDon't rush it boy. Samsung have all the tech you just mention but doesn't have the production capacity to make it. You already see what happened to galaxy s6 edge with low production but high demand and end up losing sales.4k display is beautiful at ridiculously high 700ppi but expensive. You want better battery but thinner 5.5mm phone? They could increase the size to 5.8 or 5.9 but many are complaining it is too big.
What a boring ,what Samsung doing .? everything is same 95% from note4.
Im useing note4 and waited for note 5
But this one i just hate.
I would expect something ........as like 5.9 or 6" screen .21 mp camara .7425 or 7430 chips .battery is 98% ok.5 0r 5.5 mm body.4k screen
Over 700 ppi. 8 mp for selfie.obviously sd card solt . Its enough for me.
[deleted post]Not even released yet. Don't judge it before using it.
Anonymous, 29 Jul 2015Anyone noticed the inner black lining in the corner of the display of most new samsung smartph... moreWould you explain this screen corner light lekage in samsung phones in detail?
Anyone noticed the inner black lining in the corner of the display of most new samsung smartphone. I read somewhere that Samsung start implementing that after their previous model have screen corner light leakage. So, basically they cover the corner of the display with black lining to prevent light leakage from the corner of the screen. You can see this being implemented since galaxy note 4. It was not in galaxy s5.
BMG, 28 Jul 2015Near same like note 4.so dissapointed...skip and waiting note 6Well, that is pretty harsh. You want to wait more than a year for Note 6? That Note 6 will look completely different from Note 5. Don't you see how much changes they did from Note 4 to Note 5. The Note 6 could end up using foldable display they had been planning to use. Say goodbye to usb 2.0 and welcome usb type-c. No more glass back, no sim slot(e-sim probably debut next year), welcome to Qualcomm Wipower wireless charging (contactless charging), UFS 2.0 memory storage(no sd slot since it is incompatible). Samsung use glass back for the sake of wireless charging since wireless charging won't work with metal back panel. But Qualcomm wipower fix that.
Complain after removable battery after you see the final product. 4100mah is a lot.
so dissapointing! no removable battery , this is not good , seriously i wont even patronize it, i would gladly prefer lg g5 & microsoft lumia cityman & talkman is much way better♥ !!!