hotelsgroupdirector, 11 Jul 2016Non-removable battery is absolute shit. Never buy a phone(even high-tech) if battery is non-r... moreSo you still don't understand the concept of non removable battery? Hmmmm
Non-removable battery is absolute shit.
Never buy a phone(even high-tech) if battery is non-removable.
But unfortunaely,there are millions of stupid consumers who wanna give up their monies to this kind of companies for even small battery problems.
For simple battery change,you have to find a service,give your phone to them and wait when they replace it and how much will it cost you.
Galaxy Note 7 might be a bit of disapointement after all the fuss we've heard about it....
- 6GB of Ram.... nah... it seems that it will end up with 4Gb just as his little Bro S7. Snapdragon 823.... nah either.... 820 or 821 at best. ( http://en.yibada.com/articles/139457/20160709/samsung-galaxy-note-7-antutu-benchmark-shows-snapdragon-823-6gb.htm )
- Iris scanner..... I doubt. When you look at the faces of the leaked pics, I do not see any addition to support iris scanner..... ( http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-note-7-colors-1324290 ). On front face, there are 3 apertures: 1 for the proximity sensor, 1 for the front camera and 1 for the light sensor. Iris scanner works on Infrared so it "could" be merged with the existing proximity sensor, but when looking at first integration of Iris Scanner on Galay Tab, there seems to be at least 2 dedicated apertures just for the iris scan feature (just have a look at the upper left black band in pic https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-introduces-galaxy-tab-iris-equipped-with-iris recognition-technology-for-government-and-enterprises-in-india ) Even worst, lets imagine that at best, the rear heart rate sensor (if it is still present) is used (red Led + optical sensor). That would not be much accurate, specially in the dark.... and not quite convenient to turn the phone around to identify yourself. So highly doubtful that iris scan makes it appearance on the Note 7....
- Camera.... well not much improvement from the S7.....(12 MP, f/1.7, 26mm)
- Screen size, well hell yeah a lot more than the Note 5..... blah ! no, just the same 5.7"
- IP68. How funny :) Just the same as S7 :)
- Non removable battery.... well that is a real problem and Samsung has yet not realized it..... Lifetime of batteries on such devices is ~ 1500 to 2000 charge cycles. For some heavy users (like me) changing the battery BEFORE 2 years of phone life does happen. Opening such a polished device (if it is not originally planned by the manufacturer) well, not for me thanks. I'd rather sacrify the IP68 certification and get a removable battery slot instead....
- GPU....Adreno 530, Mali-T880 MP12 are rumored (but not much confirmed). Still Samsung would be dumb to not re-use the S7 platform so most probably these will ICs also be in !
I'm not even mentioning all the nice features that should naturally be inherited from the S7 but that are not really NEW stuffs (Touch Force Screen, Fast Charger (Qualcomm 2.0), always-on display.....)
But some features have also disappeared already on Note 5..... where is the IR blaster to remote control TV and others ? What about UV sensor ? Gone also already :)
So at the end, the Note 6 (or 7) might look like a Galaxy S7 with a slightly bigger screen, improved battery capacity and a Stylus..
But if that is really the key differentiator from the S7.... well Samsung be ready to continue selling more S7 then !
I'm a huge fan of the Note series.... but I'm afraid this Note 6/7 might not be as promising as all the rumors we see on the web....
let's hope that on August 2nd, the surprise will be there :)
I'm sticking with my Note4. IR Blaster/Remote and replaceable battery.
Oookay.... So, RAM is copied from OnePlus, because they can't afford to let other small companies to beat them. We have seen this display/camera before... (*ahem 6P), again, the non-devfriendly chip, which is the last with added ~0,2ghz/each. And i didn't say a word about the price, Knox, and TouchWiz. Clap, clap Samsung you did it again. :) I mean come on!! They could make better devices if they want... I liked the S line until the S6.... Okay they weren't my favourite but they were good...
Ken H., 09 Jul 2016Just did a comparison of the Note 7 with my current model, the Note 4. Very disappointed with ... moreNote 4 is 16mp f/2.2 while Note7 is 12mp f/1.7. This mean the camera will be better on Note7. I'm not sure if you understand how camera works but its not about the pixel. Its more to the aperture. Though rumors did said Note7 may use 13mp, but we are not sure. All of the specs so far contradicting with other leaks. No one knows until next month.
AnonD-558225, 09 Jul 2016For me, this device is still useless, until it can run the PC versions of Microsoft Officeit is a phone it isn't meant to run pc versions of anything, app versions yes but that is as far as it would go, useless you fell like writing a completely new OS for phones
dont hold ur breath note7. now said 4 gig ram testing. btw......theres no such 823 chip that exists.
Ken H., 09 Jul 2016Just did a comparison of the Note 7 with my current model, the Note 4. Very disappointed with ... morethe low in the pix. dose not mean your phone note 4 better ! check why its lower pix. and it is better or not
Vlad, 07 Jul 2016Agreed on your last comment. Note4 is realy good and well ballanced model. I replace my Note3 ... moreJust did a comparison of the Note 7 with my current model, the Note 4. Very disappointed with the lower megapixel on the Note 7 rear camera and not a fan of lithium polymer (Li-Po) technology. If those two specs. are true when the Note 7 is actually launched they will be the deal breaker for me and I will keep my Note 4. I was so looking forward to the new Note 7 after the disappointing Note 5 last year. The price and what the Note 7 may bring based on the GSM specs just isn't enough incentive to make the purchase. Nonetheless, the Samsung Note is without a doubt superior to the iPhone.
3600mAh battery, 820 Snapdragon....
Sealed for life.
Life being a year.
tanto, 08 Jul 2016make the BATTERY REMOVEABLE PLS... i use ur NOTE3 and then i change into NOTE4... and th... moreIts ironic how the internet says Note5 a failure meanwhile in real life it is the 'best seller' of the year.
For me, this device is still useless, until it can run the PC versions of Microsoft Office
Can't wait no more for Note 7!!!
I am still on Note 3 because when n4 came out the difference was not worth it and when n5 came out it didn't impress me that much.
Now I am worried what would happen if N7 didn't fly as anticipated.
Any suggestion for an alternative, same concept, with stylus and preferable with Samsung android OS?
Should be available with Dual SIM Model . It becomes easy when you travel between Two countries - rather then carry Two Mobile - become easy to carry just one mobile that can be used for Voice & Data both - Active for both SIM - Voice & Data . Note series is ideal for Business users . Look forward Samsung to offer Dual SIM Model of Note 7 edge .