Pedro-TheNeighbor, 03 Sep 2016Well, as per Samsung's order for a recall of every Note7 sold before China market, I'm giving ... moreFaulty battery, never mind. Safety is more important than those features.
Note 5 is safer. I'd rather wait for the next Note phone.
Good luck with your files in the 256GB microSD card once it exploded. LOL!
OM! This phone is not safe!
Note 5 is better and safe.
Don't trade safety for microSD card support, it is not worth your life.
While some of the Note.5 owners are coming here complaining how the Note7 is not worth the upgrade, here are 10 reasons why the Note7 is better than than last year's Note:
1. Better screen tech with max 1000 nits brightness, HDR playback.
2. Front and back ambient light sensor for better autobrightness control.
3. Better S Pen with smaller tip and twice more levels of pressure sensitivity at 4096 and accuracy.
4. Better Camera - best performing for both stills and video with f/1.7 sensor.
5. More base storage at 64 GB as 32 GB was the only option for most countries for the Note.5.
6. Water-resistance - rain, snow, pool accidents.
7. Memory expansion as opposed to the general 32 GB availability of the Note.5.
8. USB Type C port for future proofing and transfer speed.
9. New software features - secret folder, edge software, S Pen translate, magnifying, GIF making.
10. Iris scanner as a backup way of unlocking.
11. Bigger battery and longer usage time.
Both during their launch cost were pretty much the same, yet for better value with functions - guess which is better for your money?
AnonD-100398, 03 Sep 2016That is correct man!Note7 is having lots of issues. even i am not happy with the gorrila glass... moreJust stick to the Note.5 if you're not even happy with the camera, you think the glass are very scratchy, and all the excuses you keep telling.
Yet it's contradictory that you're considering moving up to the Note7 with all your negativity about it.
AnonD-100398, 03 Sep 2016me too! Man however Note7 is currently having lots of issues but samsung took a wise step to r... moreIts Apple's chance now to gain more users specially after this fail by Note 7 :(
Hope samsung fixes that very soon! I was waiting to upgrade my S6 edge plus to note 7
I loved my Note 7 from the first day I received it. It has a lot of features and applications including Microsoft office. The screen display is very crispy clear The 256 micro sd card expandable memory is very useful to store photos, MP3 songs and even movies.
Almost perfect phone, but the curved display was a huge mistake.
Anatomically absurd and totally useless.
It's against the common sense.
AnonD-550733, 03 Sep 2016Can you tell some of them?I think u know what Note 7 problem is.
Savor, 03 Sep 2016Still have some hope for this phone once everything gets cleared and the dust settles.
Not... more1. the software isn't laggy. it isn't the butteriest or the smoothest out there but it isn't laggy at all. been using my note 7 for about a week now and it hasn't lagged. maybe a few hiccups but they're much fewer than the ones i experienced with my note 4, which even then weren't very common. i don't know why people love to blow things out of proportion when talking about touchwiz and lags. the plainest fact is that no, it isn't laggy.
2. i'm not very well versed when it comes to ram management so i'm just going to say that in my experience, having more than 20 apps in the background doesn't appear to elicit any problems. most apps aren't closed but i admit there are some that do have to restart.
3. still no scratches for me, and the sides are the ones that aren't covered by a screen protector. the metal chassis is still pristine. so far so good.
4. the exploding battery is indeed something to worry about. while they say it's not likely to happen, better safe than sorry. the global recall is a good initiative and i'd be willing to have my unit exchanged just so that i don't have to worry about the battery exploding on me.
5. i have the exynos version, and so far no reboot loops. might be isolated cases but other flagships have this problem too.
all in all, it's far from perfect, but nothing really is. however, it meets the needs of people who constantly have to jot things down or work on the go.
i wish screen should be wider it's look like edge i did not like it the only thing is good is sd card
according to samsung, it's the battery casing that's faulty and not the battery itself. they were able to continue shipping units to china since the company they hired to make the battery and its case was not the one that made the faulty ones.
Will the Exploding lithium battery on the Note 7 finally make Samsung switch to a more secure type of battery in there future phones,critics now are really going to check out every Samsung phone battery they use on there phones,just seen on phone arena claiming there S7 Edge as now exploded while charging overnight,one thing you should never do,just think if Samsung would have used the replaceable battery option on the Note 7 then the problem could have been sorted out a lot easier,Hope the Samsung S8 edge does not offer lithium battery and put Samsung into more trouble
I hope that samsung will avoid its mistakes in note15.
I had note3 and note4 edge. Unfortunately Both devices had hardware problems.
So i advice all my friends to go to Huawei mate8
galaxy note 8 should be like this.
PC and phone
or else Samsung have no chance...
I think the issue regarding the battery has to do with the quick charge feature. While it's useful for last minute charging, it probably damages the battery by adding the extra voltage causing it to overheat. It would explain why iPhone had the same issue.
... But don't go by me, I might be wrong.
Savor, 03 Sep 2016Still have some hope for this phone once everything gets cleared and the dust settles. Not... moreThat is correct man!Note7 is having lots of issues. even i am not happy with the gorrila glass 5 on Note7 as it gets scratches easily .i never used screen protector on any of my smartphones before as i hate the feeling of the screen protector and also that the screen looks very bad if the screen protector gets scratched which tends to happen a lot.but i guess if i buy Note7 i will have to put a screen protector on my Note7 and stilltake care of it like a new born baby to make sure the screen protector does not gets scratched .LOL