SPONGER BOBI, 22 Aug 2017again no fm radio ,no ir remote ,non removable battery, no stereo speakers"again no fm radio ,no ir remote ,non removable battery, no stereo speakers"
Ok, name a phone with a 6.3" screen + a stylus that has ALL of that!
Assu, 23 Aug 2017Most of them asking for infrared... for what purpose it is used..?an IR blaster is what made the note 3 and note 4 superior on other brands . you can control TVs Air conditions , etc...
What the hell, 23 Aug 20173300 !!!!! and NON-removable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
camera sensor 4:3 ratio . thus 16:9 will cro... morethe price is too high.. crazy madness...
too low battery, no iR blaster..... wtf???
Assu, 23 Aug 2017Most of them asking for infrared... for what purpose it is used..?with all respect ,
Even if fm radio is not used much but all other brands include fm radio in their top high end devices , check sony , LG etc..
sebastian shaw, 23 Aug 2017Lets compare it with the last proper note device: Note 4 - Note 8 only has 80 mah more batter... moreI mostly agree with everything but.... I got the SM-N910T... I don't know if it's a US specific problem... since I feel many US market bound models tend to feel a bit overlooked, but my T-Mobile Note 4 is having SCREEN DELAMINATION from the beginning and it's getting worse with time. Also it's an OVEN.... something I feel the Exynos variant most likely isn't.
Man133456, 23 Aug 2017Should have FM radio, infrared, dual sim and 8gb ram to be a complete phone.Most of them asking for infrared... for what purpose it is used..?
3300 !!!!! and NON-removable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
camera sensor 4:3 ratio . thus 16:9 will crop the resolution (that is bullshit)
no fm radio no IR blaster ... Does usb type C supports on the go feature ???
Samsung follows iPhone, still couldn't put a stereo speaker, and Vanished IR blaster like a joke, seriously? At least we can expect this features from Note series...
Not enough. Small battery, not enough telephoto, they could have fitted at least 3x and ideally a 4x could have found room in the same space. Not enough RAM for futureproofing... that's hardly enough. Also 12mipix as they probably stand (9 for 16:9 ratio) are inevitably much less resolving than the full 16MPIX of the 16:9 sensor in my Note 4.
Samsung: try again. Also... I wouldn't dare buying anything with a Snapdragon after having my Note 4 on that CPU oven.
Gsmarena wrote details about Note 8 8mp selife camera sensor which I was looking for months in google and other website !! (For S8 of course and it is the same)
Well done Gsmarena again.. you are the best!
No removable battery either. Wouldn't affect IP68, at all. Show stopper for me. A Note fanatic. had high hopes for this but won't buy a AUD$1,500 phone just to replace it in 2 years when the non-removable battery DIES! I'll be buying a 'new' Note 4 to replace my Note 3 next week. Such a wasted opportunity to reintroduce the removable battery again - would give it a REAL edge over Apple right htere. Such a shame. Note 4 will be fine, thanks Sammy!
Lets compare it with the last proper note device: Note 4
- Note 8 only has 80 mah more battery which is not replaceable. Screen size is 0.6 inch bigger in diagonal and 13 percent bigger in surface area (i have calculated screen dimensions which are 13.87 inch square for note 4 and 15.65 inch square for note 8) While screen realestate increases by 13 percent the battery only increased by 2.5 percent
- Still have mono speaker
- Still no 4K screen for much better VR experience
- still start from 64 GB internal memory (most people couldnt get their hands on 128 and 256 GB variants anyway)
- 0.1 mm thicker while 19 gram heavier
- 4:3 camera sensor while having 18.5:9 screen is comical. Note 4 has 16:9 sensor which give advantage many people ignore which is using same FOV (Field of View) for the photo as well as the video. In 4:3 sensor to capture 16:9 video the sensor cropped from top and bottom by software so it kinds a looks like you zoomed when you enter video mode
- Using two sensor camera system maybe looks good but in reality it lacks of wide angle and which is much more usable
- That fingerprint sensor place. I mean come on who design that. Placing the fingerprint sensor next to two camera sensor. At least put it under the sensors.
- Front camera lacks of 2160p video recording and lacks below the competitors bigger sensors
- 2160p video recording of the main camera still lack of smooth 60 fps
- Upcoming devices and some current devices rocks with 8 GB ram while note 8 stuck with 6 GB
- Still not bringing back the FM radio and IR
- Sensor size of the main camera is below expectation
- Only waterproofing is plus in terms of daily use basis
Trickle technology yet again. No advancement in display since the Note 3.