Lets compare it with the last proper note device: Note 4
- Note 8 only has 80 mah more battery which is not replaceable. Screen size is 0.6 inch bigger in diagonal and 13 percent bigger in surface area (i have calculated screen dimensions which are 13.87 inch square for note 4 and 15.65 inch square for note 8) While screen realestate increases by 13 percent the battery only increased by 2.5 percent
- Still have mono speaker
- Still no 4K screen for much better VR experience
- still start from 64 GB internal memory (most people couldnt get their hands on 128 and 256 GB variants anyway)
- 0.1 mm thicker while 19 gram heavier
- 4:3 camera sensor while having 18.5:9 screen is comical. Note 4 has 16:9 sensor which give advantage many people ignore which is using same FOV (Field of View) for the photo as well as the video. In 4:3 sensor to capture 16:9 video the sensor cropped from top and bottom by software so it kinds a looks like you zoomed when you enter video mode
- Using two sensor camera system maybe looks good but in reality it lacks of wide angle and which is much more usable
- That fingerprint sensor place. I mean come on who design that. Placing the fingerprint sensor next to two camera sensor. At least put it under the sensors.
- Front camera lacks of 2160p video recording and lacks below the competitors bigger sensors
- 2160p video recording of the main camera still lack of smooth 60 fps
- Upcoming devices and some current devices rocks with 8 GB ram while note 8 stuck with 6 GB
- Still not bringing back the FM radio and IR
- Sensor size of the main camera is below expectation
- Only waterproofing is plus in terms of daily use basis
Trickle technology yet again. No advancement in display since the Note 3.
aqours, 23 Aug 2017the biggest bug is still not fixed in this note..misaligned fingerprint sensor location..Agree. And for this is a deal breaker. I am keeping my OP 3T
I'm so disappointed this time i he'd all galaxy notes from first till note 7 I was waiting for something at least like oneplus 5 but now i
Found that they try to sale s8p with smaller battery and to big screen.
I can give a very good advice to oneplus to produce NOTEPLUS i think they can do it good.
BTW I still have note 5 and I don't see a very good reason to replace it 4gb or and little bit beter screen doesn't worth 1000euro and to sale the note 5 for 250 300 euros.
Oneplus 5 8gb 550 euro.
Sorry this time but I'll wait for note 10 or some other note.
Sani, 23 Aug 2017Price :-D . It's far from people range. Samsung have to compete with Apple the price. And next Apple is well over 1000Â€
So Samsung Also have to increase the price.
Only 3300mAh Battery For 6.3 Inch Bigger Display...... LOL ...... Fans Doesn't Mean U Will Waste Money :P
Usman, 23 Aug 2017Disappointment for note series fan....I was expecting better screen and battery, They just cop... moreBetter screen? S8/8+ already has one of the best screens out there. What betrer you are expecting?
the biggest bug is still not fixed in this note..misaligned fingerprint sensor location..
Anonymous, 23 Aug 2017HTC U11 still #1 followed by Sony Xperia XZP at #2 spot. The best option for anyone right now ... moreI don't like how narrow the Note 8 is I mean it looks just like the S8 Plus long and skinny I don't like it I think they messed it up I was going to get the phone but now I changed my mind when I seen how skinny it was if I was going to make that like that they should have made a note 8 plus
Should have FM radio, infrared, dual sim and 8gb ram to be a complete phone.