Perez, 13 Aug 2014I bought a samsung note 3, at the lowest fall the screen cracked, met the customer care unit f... more1. Gorilla glass is not indestructible. From what I read, it's a chemical enhanced tempered glass. Unless you spent on insurance against theft or accidental drops, warranty only covers factory defects.
2. Read above, and there is a difference between warranty and insurance.
3. "It is made of cheap plastic materials, it does not feel premium." Lumia is also made of plastic. If you were concerned about quality, why did you actually buy a Note 3? Sourgraping much?
4. It's telling me free 1.25Gb from 2.7GB of actual RAM. (and wow "1050 gig" means 1.050 terabyte of RAM!!!). You should try not installing any apps at all, remove most of the system apps, and just use your Note 3 for texting and calls. You'll get something over 2GB of RAM you want. You can show that off.
5. Yes, don't do multi-tasking, because that's how you like it. I do multi-tasking. My Note 3 doesn't "restarts" as you claim from multi-tasking. I even installed MultiWindows Plus to be able to perform 4 windows when I need to. Never restarted. Never hanged.
Tell us, what can you do with your discounted Lumia?
Hi. How is the signal strength for you? I found mine N3 pretty weak in areas where my other phone (G2) is good. Also the wifi is disconnecting all the time even if the wifi signal is very good. Except for these, the phone is awesome...
Any suggestions regarding these two issues?
Bunyip22, 13 Aug 2014Amit is right. The GN3 night time camera performance (especially video) is pretty average. Hop... moreyou wont find any android phone very good at low light photos and videos,none of them dosnt have a xenon
drkurikkal, 13 Aug 2014Hii I am a note 3 N900 which i bought in dec 2013. Initially the battery was awesome but f... moreSame here, bought in Dec 2013, with moderate use if you are getting 1 day with 5 hours of screen usage its really good nothing to worry. When I use it for torrent downloading and high end gaming the battery doesn't lasts for 1 only for 8-10 hours sometimes even 6-7 hours but that is only in case of heavy gaming. 3G always eats up battery. Nothing to worry enjoy it.
I am a note 3 N900 which i bought in dec 2013. Initially the battery was awesome but for the past 2 months the battery backup is really poor. With moderate usage and internet 2G only and screen on for 5 hours i get 1 day. When i am on 3G the battery drains too fastly. Guys i am still on warranty and is there any problem with my phone ? How much is the battery life you are getting ,especially after 8 months of usage. Pls reply asap
Tcool, 13 Aug 20143 months without a phone? OMG! I cannot survive that. LOL! Better trade-in the old one wit... moreNot sure what his go was.... I think he wants a Note 3, cant afford it and feels if a lot of people sell them he might one cheap.... STRANGE!!!
I bought a samsung note 3, at the lowest fall the screen cracked, met the customer care unit for repairs, they refused, they told me it was not registered at the point of purchase. I produced evidence of purchase, I even bought the phone from Samsung accredited dealers, still Samsung refused to honuor my warrant on the screen.
I abandoned the phone, and bought a Lumia 1520, upgraded the os to 8.1, now I am enjoying my life.
Samsung is full of gimmick:
1. They say it is gorilla glass, it is not, any fall of any Samsung device will leave a crack.
2. They say you have a two years warranty, if your screen cracks, they will look for intelligent ways to dishonour your promised warranty.
3. It is made of cheap plastic materials, it does not feel premium. Try holding it side by side with any Lumia, you'll know what I'm saying.
4. The three gig ram they claim to be on the device has never been three, you can only have access to only about 35% (1050 gig) of the promised ram.
5. Try multi-tasking, the phone becomes hot, hangs, and in some cases it restarts all by it self. if you want to enjoy the phone (that is if there is any) pls don't multi-task, it is just gimmick.
[deleted post]3 months without a phone?
OMG! I cannot survive that. LOL!
Better trade-in the old one with new model.
chaponup, 12 Aug 2014note 3 camera is very good,no better android camera on the market yet,well maby s5 onlyAmit is right. The GN3 night time camera performance (especially video) is pretty average. Hopefully the GN4 is better.
N3 has covered it's age by 4th Qtr when N4 released it will be at its lowest, now is time to sell ad save 40% net savings on new N4.
But if you wait by next year, all the better.
For them in the uk theres another update available. Got mine this morning.26.90 MGBs but still dissapointly on 4.4.2, looks like its going to be a long hall before whe finaly on 4.4.3 ?
amit, 12 Aug 2014Dont buy this phone, the camera is too poor (in night time) that you will feel that you are us... morenote 3 camera is very good,no better android camera on the market yet,well maby s5 only
swap12, 12 Aug 2014SM-N900 model doesn't support 4G. Does it mean camera quality is not good as n9005??
What shoud i do for this??
I just want good camera atleast as Note2
Gerald Damian, 12 Aug 2014Please remember one thing, Why we are choosing Android, there are tons of third party apps whi... moreYes you are right, any how I have to make my mind positive. Thank you for your advice for camera apps.
Anonymous, 12 Aug 2014Sorry Amit but no phones do good low light photos. Most are poor, a few nokias are ok. Whil... moreI am not comparing my Note3 with the Nokia or else copany. I am comparing it with my Note2 which is still fab in photography. My note3 model is n900, is it the same which every one has?? or i get lower version of Note3?? Even there is no 4G network.
amit, 12 Aug 2014Dont buy this phone, the camera is too poor (in night time) that you will feel that you are us... morePlease remember one thing, Why we are choosing Android, there are tons of third party apps which suits our requirements, as we know that why Nokia lost the market, to be frank if the Nokia is available on Android with the high end specs most of us will not go for these brands, for example the photos and videos taken by my old e7 is better than my note 3 9005, but e7 can't provide HD gaming and a few things, note 3 is one of best smart phone available in the market still now, it's an all round performer, so the solution is we have to utilise it with a little bit of searching the best suitable app for each and every purpose, some HR video files cannot identify or run by stock player, we are enjoying with it MX player or BS player, for top most audio reproduction we can install variety of apps with 24 band equalizer with so many effects, in photography side also I am using 5 types of cameras for various purpose and lighting, try snap camera hdr, camera pro and lot more u can shoot best night snaps with it.. Don't be disappointed with this performer utilise it.. There are millions of software waiting for u think it and enjoy..