IRFAN HAMEED, 28 Dec 2013Made by Samsung means MADE IN KOREA..... not MADE in CHINA...You must know thatThat doesnt necessary kean that they make them in Korea only because the brand is Korean. They make most of them in China.
baljeet, 30 Dec 2013Frnzz i purchase dis fon nd fon is amazing, battery backup 2 days, very fast easy creat note, ... moreNope. The note 3 Camera is way better. Crisp quality photos every time. I also like how I can add a note onto the photo in a jiffy before sending. Can't put the device down at the moment.
Frnzz i purchase dis fon nd fon is amazing, battery backup 2 days, very fast easy creat note, super hd display
Better than htc one nd lg g2
Bt camera lover go with htc
Jack Tig, 30 Dec 2013Im am getting myself this galaxy note 3 today and an ipad air. Looking forward to both. The ... moreNo, you're not getting the Note 3 for real. You've been bad mouthing about it against your imaginary iPhone 5s and 6.Now you plan to pretend having it in this thread to tell us how bad it is.
And you won't get an iPad for serious work. You get yourself a decent laptop running windows 8 or at least a Microsoft Surface Pro 2.
This is for all those who are a bit unhappy with their note 3 sound performance in the earphones and don't want to go for rooting and all.
To all your surprise it's not your phone its the earphones that under performs. so the solution is:
1-You can go for bose sports edition earphones(a bit expensive)
2-Visit HTC service centre and buy HTC ONE earphones or order online, plug in to your note 3 and use the amazing sound adapt settings of your note 3 to experience the best of sound and music in a cheaper way.
Im am getting myself this galaxy note 3 today and an ipad air. Looking forward to both. The note 3 ill use when Im moving around and ipad for more serious work and productivity when im at home or the office. I am looking forward to both in their own special way after reading lots of reviews. I will share my thoughts as time goes on.
Has anyone connected Note 3 with a car stereo via bluetooth to listen audio songs? I did and noticed some stutters (at least once in every five minute song I played).....don't know why? By stutters, I mean the song just stops for a fraction of a second. It is annoying really. I am a past user of S2 and S4 and never had this kind of problem. Would appreciate some feedback.
TheNeighbor, 29 Dec 2013If you already own a Samsung TV series 5 or above models, all you have to do is turn on the Al... moreThanks buddy will try it. Though I need to figure out how to get all cast on TV coz mine is series 5 but I can't seem to find the app
Jordo, 29 Dec 2013Has anyone used the S-View case with wireless charging for the Note 3? Is it worth the money o... morehello, i m using them. if you have money to spend on gadgets, go for it because it's good. it's not impossible to live without but it makes ur lfife esaier, thats all. so yes if u have the money go for it, if u need to save money to be able to get it, foget about it :) cheers !
Jordo, 29 Dec 2013Has anyone used the S-View case with wireless charging for the Note 3? Is it worth the money o... moreThe wireless charging cover will add a bit of thickness to the back. It would take twice more time to charge than plugging in directly via micro USB port.
I'd advice you get a desktop charger and extra battery set. Charging the spent battery on the separate charger would actually extends its life cycles.
It's been 3 weeks since I got the Note 3 LTE version. Maybe some of the information here would help clear some of its features for getting this device.
What I hate (just the little things):
1. There's no app that exactly replicates my specific Samsung TV infrared remote. The are other parties that offer some of them, but not all of it. I can't use my Note 3 to switch TV other sources like HDMI or networked videos, for example.
2. I love using the S Note, especially jotting down notes for my lessons. Unfortunately, the quick switching from pen to eraser with a click on the S Pen button can't be dove anymore since the new all-apps wide Air Command.
3. Maybe it's just my local carrier ROM that cane with my device, but there's no option for LTE only signal. It's annoying that it switches to Edge channel as I hardly get any data from Edge. Anyone using other ROM that has an only LTE option?
4. There is no longer an option for full screening your desired window with just a click during the split screen windows. You need to engage the undesired window and click the X to turn off that. It's an extra step.
5. It seems to have a very slightly shorter battery life than my Note 2 on a full charge. It still gives me more than 5 hours of actual screen on multi-usage, switching from 3G and LTE at times needed. I know that LTE consumes more battery, and probably those extra pixels it's sporting.
6. Is it just my network or the Note 3 has a weaker antenna? Maybe it in just the LTE service in my area. I used to get a quick and continuous 3G data stream with my Note 2. Any other users with these 2 devices spotting this difference?
7. No optical image stabilizer. It only has a software stabilising, but those blurs occur during low light while trying to stay the device by hand. But pretty happy with some of onboard camera software features.
The good things that most reviews don't say much about the Note 3:
1. The Wacom digitizer or better known as the S Pen has been noticeably enhanced. No lags as usual, but there seems to be that good free flow and control input of the pen line widths. Samsung just keeps on doing it better with each iteration of the Note series, coming from the Note 1, 2 and 8 user like me.
2. Following the Note 8's ability for the S Pen to control the off screen menu and back capacitive keys is pretty useful.
3. I would say the Voice Translator is 90% accurate and would come in handy for travelling abroad.
4. That removable battery is a big plus. Since my Note 1, I've carried at least one spare battery with me as I download torrents and rely on my phone for my daily internet connection. I don't need to worry about running out of power or having to plug in in the middle of the day. You go back to 100% power in less than a minute of changing and starting up. There are extended batteries, but I personally don't like adding so much more thickness and weight.
5. I just love using the Animated shot mode of the camera whereby it creates gif loops of 5 seconds recordings. You can edit which parts to animate or freeze easily. It's interesting because you can record funny action loops of people. Just think on those Harry Potter magical animated pictures.
6. Unique to the Note 3 right now is the 4k or double HD recording. I like the fact that this is a very high resolutioned recording device with stereo audio recording, not mono like the iPhone. Why would anyone deny using it now to record life events? What do you think the future video resolutions would be in the future?
7. I can watch videos stored from my networked laptop, and AllShareCast them on a smart TV for better video control. And you can still do other things while it's doing that.
8. The air view with just a finger is incredibly so useful to preview messages, albums, mail message contents & attachments, internet text magnifier and video slide preview at an inch away from the screen. You needed the S Pen to do that in the Note 1 & 2.
I occasionally use the Note 8 for a bigger screen for surfing, watching and sketching, but the Note 3 remains as a handier device. It's not a perfect device but it certainly is much more functional than an iPhone. It's what the Samsung team who envisioned it to perform - a hybrid of a smaller tablet with phone functions at an almost passport size and thickness; pocketable and light; has a modern active digitizer pen with a an array of personal apps associated to what you need to do - be it an artist, designer, writer, accountant, doctor, just anyone who needs that kinesthetic connection of creating, contemplating and recording.
No, I can't say it's for everyone. It's not a compact like the iPhone. It's not water resistant as some of the Sony Xperias. And yeah, the FM radio isn't there. Its biggest lacking is an optical image stabilizer. Not something that I'd be complaining often. Currently, the Note 3 simply outshines the rest in terms of sheer mobile feature functions for fun or for productivity.
somebody help me I just bought mine 2 weeks ago and now my S-Pen doesn't work as well, I can't use it anymore. Please!?
Has anyone used the S-View case with wireless charging for the Note 3? Is it worth the money or should I just stick to the normal S-View case?
Aaybee, 29 Dec 2013Galaxy Note 3 - what a wonderful device! I have now owned it for about 1.5 months and am very... moreThere might be a cover for your phone that can help with that button problem. Just go to a store and check the options. Some covers make the on/off button less easier to press accidentally while the phone is in your pocket.
Galaxy Note 3 - what a wonderful device!
I have now owned it for about 1.5 months and am very pleased with it overall.
However there are a couple of niggles. One thing relates to the ON/OFF button; this should be recessed or somehow devised so that it will not get actuated accidentally. Many times I have found that the phone gets turned ON whilst in my pocket just by the drag of the material in my pants. Very annoying!
Also I don't go with the invisible Menu and Back buttons.
But this is easily the best phone that I have ever owned. The big screen is a huge plus, the good camera has taken some great shots, and I do use the S-Pen which, by the way, has really good handwriting recognition.
My previous phone was an HTC One X and before that I owned an iPhone 3GS. This phone is many steps up on those.