i've just laid hands on the sgn3 for the first time. got to handle it for a few minutes and i can't help feeling how my sgn2 suddenly feels so dowdy and unkempt. my, that is some monster. and it has the looks to wow the pants off any woman too. i think i'll get one as soon as it appears in shops here
Just a quick review after using the Note 3 (N9005) for 10 hours.
- The screen has really white whites... nearly makes the note 2 look grey when browsing.
- Viewing angles, colours and sharpness are all better on the GN3.
- The home button is raised a bit more and feels good.
- Being able to "swirl" the painted home screen with your finger and not touch the screen is really cool.
- The email app has been revamped.. It looks great and works really well.
- Move apps to SD is available and works well.
- The spen sensitivity and functions are a lot better.
- 4.3 is generally a lot better laid out and easier to use.
- 4G speeds were 3600kB/s down and 2900kB/s up.
- DC 3G was 740kB/s down.
- All apps and features have been cleaned up with different colours and new fonts and look a lot nicer especially with the HD screen.
- I have had the device reboot a few times... it should be fixed in a firmware update VERY SOON SAMSUNG!!!
- No FM radio.
- It seems to run 1-2 degrees warmer than the GN2.
- Camera controls aren't as easy to use.
It is hard to tell what battery life is like as i have been hammering the phone with setup downloads.
Over all its better than the note 2 in almost every way. Probably not as big a step up as the note 2 was over the note but still a great upgrade and arguably the best phone available.
Samsung has actually gone away from the flat look on things like buttons and it looks great.
in india there is new update which i get toaday on my note 3.
1) solve heating issue
2) improve stabilty
samsung hatss off to you, i personally recommend every one to go for note 3, no comparison ,i bought iphone 5s also but note 3 god of all phone ...
AnonD-189982, 08 Oct 2013Will Samsung release the snapdragon version in India sometime soon ? I cant get it from outsid... moreSamsung has released the same snapdragon version in India also. Check out the awesome review on "Mobile Jury"
hi, someone can tell me if the N9000, you can record video 1080p @ 60fps and 720p @ 120fps? it is so I'll have to buy it online ...
Will Samsung release the snapdragon version in India sometime soon ? I cant get it from outside as we have a region lock :( . Hope they release the snapdragon version here . Looking forward to it.
AnonD-194134, 08 Oct 2013ROM and RAM not same thing bud
32 GB RAM
3 GB ROM
and SD card slot to 64 GBwhat?
32 gb of RAM??????? that's huge!!!
maybe you what to say is,
32GB of internat storage (ROM)
3GB of RAM
AMOLED screens do show deep blacks, but it is also over saturated and has inaccurate colour representation, even after several years of "improvement" by samsung.. just compare a AMOLED device with a good LCD screen device side by side you will see this.
just a reminder for those who want to consider this phone but does not used AMOLED screens before.
AnonD-185306, 08 Oct 2013It was recently removed... as per the history samsung-india confirmed its absence...Yes , Its removed in the link as well. There is no gorilla glass display :(
AnonD-26875, 08 Oct 2013It has gorilla glass gsmarena has not updated spec of note 3 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lis... moreIt was recently removed... as per the history samsung-india confirmed its absence...
Anonymous, 08 Oct 2013Well it appears there is no gorilla glass (not a must if something else better is there).
B... moreIt has gorilla glass gsmarena has not updated spec of note 3
Well it appears there is no gorilla glass (not a must if something else better is there).
But samsungs silence on this is scary.
Samsung you need to communicate with your customers and reassure us on this. Screen protection / damage is probably the most important concerns / problems your customer will ever face / have to deal with.
AnonD-77443, 08 Oct 2013I have had my Note 3 (N9005) for a few hours now. Initial thoughts are: - The screen has a... moreCongrats for your Note 3, keep giving reviews, I am going to buy in future as in India, Samsung had a habit of giving huge discounts on exchages after few month release, in case of S4 they even gave, one screen replacement if needed within a year. Your is Snapdragon or Octacore, as in India we get only OctaCore