syusukefuji, 17 Dec 2013Hey there guys.. Is 4.3 update available here in the philippines..thank you..Yes, it is already available in the Philippines. I'm downloading it right now ota via wifi. Can't wait to finish it so I can check what are the changes! :D
mssr, 19 Dec 2013Hi friends I am from india. I already updated my galaxy note2 android 4.3 but when i am chec... moreNormally it means that another update has been rolled out, you will get the update within few days.
I am from india. I already updated my galaxy note2 android 4.3 but when i am check again update it shows that" The software update service is not available. Maximum number of roll out updates have been exceeded. Try later or update your using samsung kies" any body getting same thing.
Please tell me.
well finally just updated me note 2 to 4.3 via KNOX it looks great new features are nice and over all it looks sharper , hope the bugs have been fixed on this version! hope the battery is like it was on the older version and better!!!
hey, after i updated my phone i noticed a great change in my display . it become much better and crispier.
the screen mode i use right now is adapt display... but the brightness and crispiness of the display has disaapeard..
tried getting it back, but was not successfull.
my brightness is on auto brightness as i prefer to keep it to that.
could ul help me get the crispiness back in the screen.. which screen mode should i use for that.?
rahul, 18 Dec 2013how to install air camand in my note 2For now the only option is to root and use diffrent ROM's u will find many on XDA developers website...but rooting and flashing ROM's is a risky buisness ..do it only if u know what ur doing. enjoy..
@ Parbinder. You can vote as well buddy by clicking any of the phone at http://blog.gsmarena.com/smartphone-champions-league-day-1/.
Lumia can no way compete to Note 3 Giant.
But as Lumia 1020 is Nokia's last hope as Microsoft will be giving Contract to Samsung to built Windows Phones lol :)
007G, 18 Dec 2013Thanks for the reply. now let see
1) Browsers - just couple of days ago i decided to give t... moreMy email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for the reply. I have copied your response text and kept it in drafts so that I can read it and implement your advice after I get the battery.
When I was using, the RAM fluctuates (not frequently) between 1.05 GB to 1.3 GB.
Thanks for the decent response.
S . SUDHAKAR, 17 Dec 2013...contd
17) VoIP softwares - Skype, Viber and the dialer app from voipdiscount.comThanks for the reply. now let see
1) Browsers - just couple of days ago i decided to give the samsung browser a go. it is really good*. other browsers i have are Chrome(stock browser, i don't use it), opera mini (use it when i am not home, less data consumption and faster browsing) dolphin browser ( at home connect with wifi). well to be honest browsers are not the real culprits of battery problem (because most of them don't start automatically, and when you exit most of them stay close).
2)Texting apps - whoaaaa...you are using to many of them and all (well most) of them runs in the background (even after you exit them). facebook (app) already have facebook messenger inbuilt, so you don't need separate facebook messenger app (that means two running apps instead of one). try IM+ (all in one messenger).
3) File explorers - (Bluetooth file transfer, es file explorer and x-plore) i dont think these have much effect on the battery.
4) E-mail apps - gmail and yahoomail (make sure in setting turn off auto sync), try app called 'cloud magic' (all in one e-mails app)
5) Network tools - cell id info, network info II, SIM detail (these are your main culprits, they runs in the background even after you exit them (this is the way android is built), and when you set your phone to 'flight mode' these apps work extra hard (lets say you have an unlock door you can open it with just a gentle push, now imagine the door is locked and you keep pushing it for 30/40 mins it is gonna tired you eventually means empty your battery faster) with to get the info to show you next time you open them). the download size is not more then 1 MB for all these apps, uninstall them and download them again next time you want to use these apps.
6) Games - None (really)...Good
7) News and online tv apps - BBC news, CNN international, NDTV (India). these apps are alright but these apps will keep using little RAM even after you exit them (again this is the way android is built).
8) Online storage - only dropbox. OK
9) Others - GPS test ( battery hog), Profile scheduler+ (OK). If you don't use GPS Test 24/7 uninstall it and download it again (size is only 266k) next time you want to use this app.
10) SMS tools - Easy SMS (previously pansi SMS), SMS backup and restore, SMS backup+. these are ok.
11) Software - Adobe reader, currency converter, domino's (India), internet speed meter (paid version), quick office, wonder share mobilego+, MY BSNL (bill payment in India), team viewer, Wikipedia. these are all ok (well almost)
12) Tools - Advanced task killer (beleive me you don't need it, built-in one is enough), android system info (use it, then uninstall it and download again (size is 620k) if you need it)), antutu benchmark (please use it then remove it), app backup & restore, barcode scanner, bookmarksSB, eMMC (please use it then remove it), phone copier(please use it then remove it), speedtest.net (please uninstall it, you already have internet speed meter), sypressure (barometer)(according to some reviews it drain 10% battery daily, if you don't use it remove it)), app cache cleaner (try clean master instead).
just remember whatever app need network connection will still use some RAM even after you exit them (this is way android is built, it is not samsung, sony, lg or htc fault). uninstall the apps you don't use or need. Note 2 is my first android phone (still using my 2 years old nokia c6-01) whenever i face a problem i google it and try to educate myself about it.
P.S - I read on the play store about all the apps you mention you have on your phone. that is why i am replying a little bit late.
i still need to know your starting RAM and stabilized RAM (get back to me as soon as you get your battery back).
Good night and Good Luck from one Indian to another.
I hope my all friends here will be voting for Note II vs Iphone5s on MatchDay 2 which will start tomorrow.
Special request to Gitty, Sudhakar, Parbinder and all those who love this Note 2.
Many Thanks to all.
Today is MatchDay1 so hope you guys are voting!
MRooney, 18 Dec 2013@ Gitty.
No Wonder my friend:) It's a big Lol :)I wonder on what basis they are competing the phones as Launch dates of Iphone5s and Note II has 1 year difference. Everywhere you will see Iphone5s vs Note 3 competition.
Although Note 2 hardware and performance specs are way better than Iphone5s. But we cannot deny Optimization done by Apple to its iOS. And they should as they are only handling a single OS.
All the way round, it gonna be interesting!
Gitty, 18 Dec 2013I m laughing at Nokia asha 501 lol@ Gitty.
No Wonder my friend:) It's a big Lol :)
Parbinder, 18 Dec 2013And the best part was that the Note 2 has the best resale value in India other than IPhone.Note 2 has a good resale here as well and after update it might go one up as well.
Anyone Seeing Champions League...Haha it's gonna be crazy :)