S . SUDHAKAR, 17 Dec 2013...contd
17) VoIP softwares - Skype, Viber and the dialer app from voipdiscount.comThanks for the reply. now let see
1) Browsers - just couple of days ago i decided to give the samsung browser a go. it is really good*. other browsers i have are Chrome(stock browser, i don't use it), opera mini (use it when i am not home, less data consumption and faster browsing) dolphin browser ( at home connect with wifi). well to be honest browsers are not the real culprits of battery problem (because most of them don't start automatically, and when you exit most of them stay close).
2)Texting apps - whoaaaa...you are using to many of them and all (well most) of them runs in the background (even after you exit them). facebook (app) already have facebook messenger inbuilt, so you don't need separate facebook messenger app (that means two running apps instead of one). try IM+ (all in one messenger).
3) File explorers - (Bluetooth file transfer, es file explorer and x-plore) i dont think these have much effect on the battery.
4) E-mail apps - gmail and yahoomail (make sure in setting turn off auto sync), try app called 'cloud magic' (all in one e-mails app)
5) Network tools - cell id info, network info II, SIM detail (these are your main culprits, they runs in the background even after you exit them (this is the way android is built), and when you set your phone to 'flight mode' these apps work extra hard (lets say you have an unlock door you can open it with just a gentle push, now imagine the door is locked and you keep pushing it for 30/40 mins it is gonna tired you eventually means empty your battery faster) with to get the info to show you next time you open them). the download size is not more then 1 MB for all these apps, uninstall them and download them again next time you want to use these apps.
6) Games - None (really)...Good
7) News and online tv apps - BBC news, CNN international, NDTV (India). these apps are alright but these apps will keep using little RAM even after you exit them (again this is the way android is built).
8) Online storage - only dropbox. OK
9) Others - GPS test ( battery hog), Profile scheduler+ (OK). If you don't use GPS Test 24/7 uninstall it and download it again (size is only 266k) next time you want to use this app.
10) SMS tools - Easy SMS (previously pansi SMS), SMS backup and restore, SMS backup+. these are ok.
11) Software - Adobe reader, currency converter, domino's (India), internet speed meter (paid version), quick office, wonder share mobilego+, MY BSNL (bill payment in India), team viewer, Wikipedia. these are all ok (well almost)
12) Tools - Advanced task killer (beleive me you don't need it, built-in one is enough), android system info (use it, then uninstall it and download again (size is 620k) if you need it)), antutu benchmark (please use it then remove it), app backup & restore, barcode scanner, bookmarksSB, eMMC (please use it then remove it), phone copier(please use it then remove it), speedtest.net (please uninstall it, you already have internet speed meter), sypressure (barometer)(according to some reviews it drain 10% battery daily, if you don't use it remove it)), app cache cleaner (try clean master instead).
just remember whatever app need network connection will still use some RAM even after you exit them (this is way android is built, it is not samsung, sony, lg or htc fault). uninstall the apps you don't use or need. Note 2 is my first android phone (still using my 2 years old nokia c6-01) whenever i face a problem i google it and try to educate myself about it.
P.S - I read on the play store about all the apps you mention you have on your phone. that is why i am replying a little bit late.
i still need to know your starting RAM and stabilized RAM (get back to me as soon as you get your battery back).
Good night and Good Luck from one Indian to another.
I hope my all friends here will be voting for Note II vs Iphone5s on MatchDay 2 which will start tomorrow.
Special request to Gitty, Sudhakar, Parbinder and all those who love this Note 2.
Many Thanks to all.
Today is MatchDay1 so hope you guys are voting!
AnonD-121248, 18 Dec 2013@ Gitty.
No Wonder my friend:) It's a big Lol :)I wonder on what basis they are competing the phones as Launch dates of Iphone5s and Note II has 1 year difference. Everywhere you will see Iphone5s vs Note 3 competition.
Although Note 2 hardware and performance specs are way better than Iphone5s. But we cannot deny Optimization done by Apple to its iOS. And they should as they are only handling a single OS.
All the way round, it gonna be interesting!
AnonD-2665, 18 Dec 2013I m laughing at Nokia asha 501 lol@ Gitty.
No Wonder my friend:) It's a big Lol :)
AnonD-53316, 18 Dec 2013And the best part was that the Note 2 has the best resale value in India other than IPhone.Note 2 has a good resale here as well and after update it might go one up as well.
Anyone Seeing Champions League...Haha it's gonna be crazy :)
AnonD-53316, 18 Dec 2013And the best part was that the Note 2 has the best resale value in India other than IPhone.Really?.
AnonD-22824, 18 Dec 2013Upcoming devices on my wish list.. 1) S5 if at least 5.3 inches 2) Note 4 .. 3) LG G... moreYa ya. All predictions with less than 10 hours standby time under normal 2G usage !!!. LOL LOL LOL.
AnonD-121248, 18 Dec 2013Yes Parbinder Agreed! It's good to switch to it's next addressed phone as early as the warr... moreAnd the best part was that the Note 2 has the best resale value in India other than IPhone.
AnonD-121248, 18 Dec 2013Vanilla Android is the most Original Flavor of Android that is no addition to it by any Vendor... moreSo the flipboard, S-voice and other Samsung tools will not be there in vanilla android. Right?. So in overall, some apps will come down.
I am expecting all android apps to have 'exit' option to quit them completely. Pressing the return key does not guarantee the closing of all types of apps.
Where to get vanilla android?. Will Samsung provide?. Does the warranty get void if we install vanilla android?.
S . SUDHAKAR, 18 Dec 2013What is vanilla android?. It looks like icecream, cake flavouring substance (not teasing you, ... moreKit Kat will be available for Note 2 in March/April as Note 3 will be getting Kit Kat (4.4) in January
AnonD-53316, 18 Dec 2013After 4.3 update Note 2 become better it is true, I was using that for 14 months so opted for ... moreYes Parbinder Agreed!
It's good to switch to it's next addressed phone as early as the warranty of phone goes off, as you get good money in exchange and a brand new device with quality hardware specs.!
S . SUDHAKAR, 18 Dec 2013What is vanilla android?. It looks like icecream, cake flavouring substance (not teasing you, ... moreVanilla Android is the most Original Flavor of Android that is no addition to it by any Vendors like Samsung or HTC. That's the reason it's buttery smooth and less number of processes are running. Yes it's good that you are expecting 4.4.2 for Note 2 and I am also and we will eventually get it by March April.
It's true as Android is an open source, so it's always available for Software Developers + Tech Developers of Samsung, HTC etc. They test them first on newer phones and then comes to older phones. But you should know that first they make it custom to their Hardware before checking it.
If every phone is to get Vanilla Android and no customization by the Techs, then it will be quiet dull environment like Apple running ioS without customization!
AnonD-22824, 18 Dec 2013I bet it is serving ur purpose fully ! But for me i wanted the sd800 LTE version with the extr... moreAfter 4.3 update Note 2 become better it is true, I was using that for 14 months so opted for a change. As we cannot take risk by keeping handsets out of warranty.
Upcoming devices on my wish list..
1) S5 if at least 5.3 inches
2) Note 4 ..
3) LG G2 PRO....
AnonD-121248, 18 Dec 2013I don't think we should expect that as that Phone is Google Edition having Vanilla Android. If... moreWhat is vanilla android?. It looks like icecream, cake flavouring substance (not teasing you, just compared) !!!.
I told that I am expecting 4.4.2 for N7100. I never said I want quicker updates.
I think google may have delivered android 4.4.2 (not sure) to Samsung and other manufacturers. They may be testing in their phones silently in the background without any news leak about the testing.
S . SUDHAKAR, 18 Dec 2013I am expecting 4.4.2 for my N7100 device just like this phone (click this link) http://www.sam... moreI don't think we should expect that as that Phone is Google Edition having Vanilla Android. If you want Quicker updates, you should move on to Nexus Series and Google Editions phone. But again there is trade-off. You have to compromise alot.
But It would be nice if you try Vanilla Android once, you will love its flavor.
Galaxy Note 2 will receive Kitkat 4.4 by March and It's something huge that a Phone is getting 3rd update OTA, which not many phones around these days except Nexus/GE Series.
AnonD-121248, 18 Dec 2013Just Loving!!! Loving the 4.3 Update! 24 Hours have been gone. Battery usage 51%. Continue ... moreI am expecting 4.4.2 for my N7100 device just like this phone (click this link) http://www.sammobile.com/2013/12/15/galaxy-s4-google-play-edition-getting-android-4-4-2-update/