I am trying from day before yesterday but no luck. My phone model is n7100.please advise.
Not updated yet however due to past experience i can advise ppl to do a factory reset with wipe data (back up back up back up) and then use odin to flash the new update and if using sd card format it to fat 32 (back up back up) and then use it in the phone there wud b no problems with move to sd feature...and phone will be almost new ....if your rooted you will loose you root.
Updated to 4.3 though kies (as OTA not available) detail as under:
* Size of update was almost 1GB in size.
* Downloading took some time but the update was quick
* All the data including contacts, messages, gamedata remains the same, thus no need to take backups for update (I didnt do factory reset also but just updated it)
* The samsung launcher feels better & notification panel is transparent now which makes the screen looks bigger (thumps up here)
* Screen display modes changed to much high colors (only I liked the movie mode as I do not prefer high colors) earlier I was using the normal/natural mode which has changed to Photo pro now which I find is little high on colors, the adept display is a gud option but it changes the colors to higher tone which again i dont like (liked the earlier one here).
* The notification on lock screen is really a useful & gud upgrade - thumps up here.
* After updating the antutu scores has been increased from 20.5k to almost 22k which looks gud but the quadrant score remains the same to around 7k. In general the usage feels just a little better/smoother . The gameplay of nfs, asphalt etc feels same (its also said that opel gl 3 support is there but when i clicked on it in antutu is showed that my device doesnt support it)
* I also noticed some sound skips in music & audio recorded players occasionally which was not present before.
* Move to sd card seems to be a gud option, but i have not used it as 16gb internal space for games & apps are sufficient for the time being.
* Ram, space & battery management said to be improved, but it doesnt feel much.
* The categorization of setting menu is also nice now
* The font size in opened messages has some how increased & Im unable to decrease its size (liked the earlier one here).
* Some new icons has been added such as calculator, voice recorder looks better/new now.
Overall the upgrade is nice & i hope few more minor upgrades will come to make it even better.
AnonD-53316, 22 Nov 2013Factory reset. Ok. I will give my device to Samsung service centre tomorrow for battery backup issue. Lets see what they say.
What is kernel?Do I need to install updated kernel?If so,how can I install kernel?
Can I update my GT N 7105 by using mobile odin pro.I also want to root after updating.Can I use Framaroot?
MaheshAprameya, 22 Nov 2013Thanks for the advise Parbinder.
I still have around 10 months of warranty, so hope Samsun... moreOverall I am not experiencing any problems.
Display improvement is great, it will give you the feeling of Note 3.
Look of Emails and contacts had been changed.
Contacts are now smarter then can search as you type in First name, Last name.
Emails now turned white.
Gallery looks good, video player interface is good.
AnonD-53316, 22 Nov 2013If you are interested in fresh installation of 4.3 OS, then get it done from service center. K... moreThanks for the advise Parbinder.
I still have around 10 months of warranty, so hope Samsung stores wont charge me when upgraded from their service centres.. :-)
@Parbinder, can you please tell us us experience after upgrading to 4.3? Pros and cons over 4.1?
Thanks again in advance.
MaheshAprameya, 22 Nov 2013Hi Note 2 folks, When i check for software updates on my note 2, a file with 700.36mb was ... moreIf you are interested in fresh installation of 4.3 OS, then get it done from service center. KIES is slowest in this process. Better done it through Wifi, as these update servers are always slow. It took around 3-4 hours in my case, in my opinion do it OTA or service center.
Hi Note 2 folks,
When i check for software updates on my note 2, a file with 700.36mb was available for download, but due to slow wifi connection, i cancelled the download.
Is this the android 4.3 OS update?
Also can some one please advise me how to update OS via kies? Thanks in advance for your responses.
updated to 4.3 and factory reset after that ! everything is super smooth ! better ram management ! display is sharper than before ! can move the apps to add card ! only thing I don't like is that I need wifi connection to restore things from Samsung account !
AnonD-208328, 21 Nov 2013Its says Samsung wallet is incompatible with my device when i try to install it using laptop (... moreHey, after reading your comments i went to the app store and tried downloading the same. It says the app is incompatible in your country device.
So as i can understand the app is not compatible with devices running in INDIA.?
Thats really stupid. I do not understand why they make phones and apps depending on countries. Is it only with samsung or with other companies as well.?
Jacob, 21 Nov 2013Thanx Mr.Varun for your information. I would like to know whether you upgraded thru wifi and d... morehey Jacob,
I updated through kies, since i did not get the OTA . I did not do a factory reset before updating my phone ( Also because it did not occur to me that time) . Im currently not having any problems as of now . the only thing that i'm seeing now is sometimes the apps that we have shifted to the sd card do not load correctly (the icons dont have their original thumpnails - normally happens when ur memory card does not read completely ) tho the apps work.. u got to restart your phone once for that , and u are good. it must b happning to me cause i have a lot of different folders made for similar apps and have all of them on my homescreen. so that could be a reason
ntn else that i could tell u about ... yes , the keyboard is not as smooth as the 4.1.2 . atleast for me ....the response could be smoother.
this is a very bad stuff for me, I just buy this phone last year ago, then after a yr and 12 days, when I woke up i find my phone the power was off already and i can't open it anymore..i thought it was the battery but when try to a new it still doesn't work..so finally I brought to samsung service center for help..then after a day they call me that the soft board was damage, they need to replace it? and you know what they ask me to pay 12,000pesos(280usd)since the warranty is already expire 12days ago? I said WTF..i don't even overcharge the phone or even drop it..I just leave it open when I sleep and when i woke up..its kaput already..I'm so disappointed with this unit..I call the service center and I pull out the unit..if all samsung unit like this then i don't have to buy all over again..its embarrassing..its better to buy a new one than to repair it with this kind of price.I hope some of the guys out there don't experiencing like me with this unit..now my note2 was keep in my closet..wait until the soft board will be sale maybe 50% off..
AnonD-175356, 22 Nov 2013Try to use kies if there is no update that mean did not come yet to your countryI'm from India.updates already have been launched in my country.
when I try update it shows update downloading over mobile network data its around 700mb I accidentally cancelled the download because my data package is only 250mb and also too slow.after that I connected to my wifi and its shows "latest updates have already been installed" what I do?