I certainly disagree on Camera.
Compared to Nexus 4, HTC One and LG Flagships, Note 2 camera is way better.
Personally when I am viewing pictures on Big LED Displays, people often ask me which DSLR camera you have used. So either the people's eyesight are wrong or the camera display is good.
Android Version 4.4 Kitkat is coming to Samsung Galaxy Note 2!!!
jayr_marquez, 22 Nov 2013What is kies and OTA?:)OTA = Over The Air update, this is when your phone has a new firmware (software) update, and your manufacturer wants to push it to you :)
Samsung Kies, is like Nokia's PC Suit back in the old days :D -- a software that can sync your phone, update your phone and such things from inside your PC :)
ambience, 22 Nov 2013can anyone suggest me where can I find the developer option...????Settings, Security
Can some one let me know after upgrading to 4.3 , in battery status menu - settings -> more->battery
what wifi status its showing ? For me it showing continious Blue bar in both wifi on and off
jayr_marquez, 22 Nov 2013What is kies and OTA?:)Samsung Kies / ˈk iː s/ KEESS  is a freeware software
application used to communicate between Windows or
Macintosh operating systems, and more recently
manufactured Samsung mobile phone and tablet
computer devices, usually using a USB cable connection
(though wireless LAN Kies connectivity is now possible
using some devices).
OTA is over the air. If you update your Android firmware via Settings update (via operator network or Wi-FI ), it’s OTA.
Well I was overly excited about the 4.3 update for my N7100.
But the update actually is mediocre..nothing much from the 4.1.2
The display is crisper brighter and characters appear bigger and bolder
but the RAM usage has considerably increase along with the battery consumption. This is pathetic.
now my device doesn't make it through a day too. (earlier I managed a day and half)
overall it's smoother though but the battery part really sucked.
Overall I'd say we can expect more updates that would clear out the bugs.I would also like note 3 features to be transferred onto the note 2. Because this is seriously a crappy update.Nothing more productive has Been added ...it's all just a new look.
Idk why the pop up browser was scrapped.Man I feel awful. expected a lott more.
AnonD-208747, 22 Nov 2013Hi folks, Please tel how to reduce noise in images. The pics which i click in my note is ve... moreCamera quality is worst in this phone (N7100). Use digi cam for taking pictures. This is the fate of N7100 usets !!!.
Please tel how to reduce noise in images. The pics which i click in my note is very noisy. Tel the best camera settings for taking good snaps.....
I am trying from day before yesterday but no luck. My phone model is n7100.please advise.
Not updated yet however due to past experience i can advise ppl to do a factory reset with wipe data (back up back up back up) and then use odin to flash the new update and if using sd card format it to fat 32 (back up back up) and then use it in the phone there wud b no problems with move to sd feature...and phone will be almost new ....if your rooted you will loose you root.
Updated to 4.3 though kies (as OTA not available) detail as under:
* Size of update was almost 1GB in size.
* Downloading took some time but the update was quick
* All the data including contacts, messages, gamedata remains the same, thus no need to take backups for update (I didnt do factory reset also but just updated it)
* The samsung launcher feels better & notification panel is transparent now which makes the screen looks bigger (thumps up here)
* Screen display modes changed to much high colors (only I liked the movie mode as I do not prefer high colors) earlier I was using the normal/natural mode which has changed to Photo pro now which I find is little high on colors, the adept display is a gud option but it changes the colors to higher tone which again i dont like (liked the earlier one here).
* The notification on lock screen is really a useful & gud upgrade - thumps up here.
* After updating the antutu scores has been increased from 20.5k to almost 22k which looks gud but the quadrant score remains the same to around 7k. In general the usage feels just a little better/smoother . The gameplay of nfs, asphalt etc feels same (its also said that opel gl 3 support is there but when i clicked on it in antutu is showed that my device doesnt support it)
* I also noticed some sound skips in music & audio recorded players occasionally which was not present before.
* Move to sd card seems to be a gud option, but i have not used it as 16gb internal space for games & apps are sufficient for the time being.
* Ram, space & battery management said to be improved, but it doesnt feel much.
* The categorization of setting menu is also nice now
* The font size in opened messages has some how increased & Im unable to decrease its size (liked the earlier one here).
* Some new icons has been added such as calculator, voice recorder looks better/new now.
Overall the upgrade is nice & i hope few more minor upgrades will come to make it even better.
AnonD-53316, 22 Nov 2013Factory reset. Ok. I will give my device to Samsung service centre tomorrow for battery backup issue. Lets see what they say.
What is kernel?Do I need to install updated kernel?If so,how can I install kernel?