Those who have issue with battery, go and download JuiceDefender from Android Market. If you want to have a change of your screen layout, you can try to installed GO Launcher EX to apply different theme on your Note. There is also 1 application called Remote control for earphone which you can play music remotely with your earphone.
Just bought this awesome device last week, here's my full review:
- Big display is an advantage for me, very easy to browse.
- For those complaining too big for the pocket, this is made to call, send text, internet, etc, why always put it in the pocket?
- This is like a mini laptop with 3G, wifi, with calling capability or like a mini tablet that you can easily bring anywhere.
- Very fast CPU, browsing, and using the applications are responsive.
- Probably the only drawback is the RAM, i always clean the memory to avoid the delay in response especially if you have so many apps running.
- Default apps is not as good as iphone4, but you can always download in the market for good apps.
Awsm phone .... no no awsm tablet...ok AWSM Phablet!!!
I recently bought this device and loved it.
Screen Quality is amazing..Camera quality is good and there is the size of widgets is cool very easy to use browser etc. No need for me to buy a tablet now.
Only interesting point is the size of the tablet which I find a little bit big but I think I will be able to manage that. Its a BIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGG PHONE...loved it.
People not liking it will only not like it due to its size otherwise it too a too good device.
Rs- 31,400 only,i paid for galaxy note in Bhubaneswar,Odisha.
Smartest smart phone in my review.
I was usin Nokia n8 yestermonths.But i found note is smarter than n8.
Thats it !
Galaxy Note seems to be an impressive phone.Though, I'm convinced that the phone is meant to be used by both hands.
Have some queries before I decide to purchase this
1. How is the usability of the apps downloaded from android market? Any issues because of its large display?
2. Will their be an update available for ICS?
Got to play around with it yesterday
1) S pen - Wow ... why cant all smart phones have it???
2) Size - bit too big for me .... 5.8 or 5 will be good
3) Android verison 2 --- :(
4) No Dual SIM :(
Can this support Microsoft Exchange email?
All other features are superb but this is a must for me to really consider the unit
Hello everyone. I'm new here and have read the comments about the phone lagging alot.
I have a suggestion. Since the Note is a phone/tablet and is running on gingerbread. I think that might be the case for the lag.
You will have to wait for Ice-cream sandwich to come out and then test it.
I have a feeling the lagging issues will cease and the phone will be all that it is to be.
hanzala, 04 Dec 2011Well, I'm using a HTC desire hd since d last 7 months and is truly satisfied by it except d ba... moreI was also a HTC DHD user for about a year. Got the note about a week ago and just could not be happier. Excellent screen and blazing fast processor are the main advantage over the DHD. Only wish is for Samsung to have something like the HTC Sense which makes the HTC phones more user friendly.
The note might be a bit too big for some but as for me, its just perfect.
Riyaz, 05 Dec 2011Only draw back is its a big Phone .....rest everything is excellent....:)Its size is NOT a drawback but an advantage. It is the size of a small notebook (A6). I love sketching on-location with it. If you feel it's too big and don't need the size for similar artistic and viewing pleasures, you should have gotten the Galaxy S2.
kelo, 05 Dec 2011no support tethering and portable hotspot.That is not true. It has tethering capabilities and is very excellent. You should have a look at the instructions carefully.