one thing guys..in this world der is nothing to be called as scratch proof.
[deleted post]Fool you!
Scratch resistant is totally different from scratch proof. Check your dictionary or better go to wikipedia!
Gorilla Glass is only scratch resistant not scratch proof.
The same applies when you said water resistant from water proof!
i bought this beast yesterday... this is crazy.....awesome. .im actually a fan of nokia since a couple of years but the thing is really smart in handling and even uaerfriendlyy.. thax for the reviews of gsm areana.. this helped me a lot in choosing. ....
samsung is cheating u people by sayin its GORILLA GLASS ,the truth is its not even a normal glass and is very much prone to scratches ,so my advice invest in sony instead like the ARC wow it is ,rest is ur choice guys bye
wow the monsterous GORILLA GLASS samsung uses is not even scratch resistant ,what a pitty ,and they say its the strongest ,funny ha ha ha
deep111111, 20 Nov 2011gorilla glass guys bull shit ,i had s2 and it got full of scrathes within weeks so watch out p... moreI am trying to find where it is stated that it is "scratch resistant" as you said but cannot find.
It only says Gorilla Glass display but not "scratch resistant" as you said.
Where did you get the idea that Samsung is saying that it is "scratch resistant" as you quoted?
You are fooling yourself!
I got the Note for 2 days now. The size is close to that of an A5 or the small Moleskine sketchbook that just fits your top shirt pocket. It makes sense having this size. I never thought of having even the Galaxy S II until I knew of the power, size, quality and the pressure stylus that comes with the Note. I thought of getting a 7", but the size is too big for the pocket. Yes, a niche for this type is that of a professional designer like me on the go, who enjoy entertainment, planning things, document work site progress, sketching on-location, presentations, writting articles, and just almost everything else mobile computing has to offer.
I just wish Google would hurry up with an full working Sketchup version for this beast.
after purchase this baby and use for a couple day, speed is needless to memtion. very fast on opening msg, browser,apps and so on. size also acceptable,good to do anything.
overall i love this device because it really become an all in one device to me. it is an phone, tablet and my business plus p.assistant. really no regret even some ppl said it is big. i feel it quite handy actually. maybe my hand is big.
i'm using my 'note' to write this opinion
i love my 'note'. go for it if u dont want to bring 10.1 tablet around..
The Last and the Best size for a Mobile phone just less than the Lowest size of a Tablet. Pen has great advantage over other smart phones. I feel a lot comfortable with the Note. More comfortable than I-Phone. Speed and Performance even better than Galaxy S2. Battery Life is also great. If you can manage the size of phone to carry along than this is the choice having marvelous 285 ppi.
gorilla glass guys bull shit ,i had s2 and it got full of scrathes within weeks so watch out people as gorilla is realy nothin but normal glass so samsung just stop fooling people by sayin its scratch resistant
I upgraded last week from Galaxy S2 to Galaxy Note. Here's my experience on whatís better on NOTE than S2:
1. BATTERY LIFE: Vastly improved battery life. My S2 used to last 8-10 hrs but the Note has stamina of 20-22 hrs with 1.5 hr net browsing, 3 hrs of calling on 2G network & 1 hr of gaming. All this with screen brightness set to 70-75%. Thanks to the power house back up of 2500 MAH.
2. DISPLAY: The display i would say is better than S2 in terms of size, its a pleasure to use for anything. No doubt the colours displayed on the S2 were more vibrant may be because of the Super Amoled PLUS screen whereas note get only Super Amoled but the display on the note looks more natural. The fact that now White is Pure White which was an issue with the S2. In S2 white was never pure white it was something like off white and there was always a yellow tint band on the left side of the screen which was visible only with brightness set to 10%. All S2's suffer from this problem I bet. Note does not have any such problem.
3. PERFORMANCE: Performance is almost the same as S2. The advantage of extra 0.2 GHz can be felt only in heavy games or heavy softwares which take time to load. In Day to day use you just cant feel any advantage of 1.4 GHz over 1.2 GHz.
4. DEVICE SIZE: The day i got my Note, on day 1 i felt like WTF i had done, why had i bought this slate but after using it for a day or 2 i got so much addicted to it & now it feels perfect in hand or in jeans pocket. After using 5.3" screen i bet u wont settle for anything less. People coming from S2 wonít feel the size of the device too big & will get used to it pretty soon but the blackberry or apple users canít even hold it properly. Sorry blackberry & apple users but that the truth.
5. SOUND QUALITY: The earphone used to listen to the calls is the same as S2. So expect a crystal clear sound quality. The speaker for listening to music is a bit better than the S2 because the music clarity is even more and there's no distortion at all even at full volume and with the supplied in-ear phones it just ROCKZZZZZZ.
Thatís it...rest everything is perfect with the device till date. I donít have even a single issue with it.
I would appreciate the reviews of other NOTE owners on this........if I had missed something.
Hi there, i like this phone and as we all know the great thing of this phone is its a crossover of Phone and Tablet. I am liked the pen which is doing wonders.. i've seen lots of video's of pen drawing and shading..but can anyone tell me that is it comfortable writing notes and emails. my most of the work with this phone will be writing. so is it a perfect device...please guide..thanks.
Super AWESOME stuff !
Jus bought it and it is a master piece. I was using Dell Streak and I mus say this one does mark up my streak.
Video, Sound, HD, 3G, Size, Capacity, etc. etc. etc. 10/10
I would love to see Android 4.0 on this now.
I bought note few days back and have to say that the size is working for me..
Easily fits in my pocket and i can even use it with one hand..but this device is definately not for girls or dwarfs :P . ..
Coming back to the point the device laga in ui right now.. specially in home screen and app menu. . Apart from that its superb..
cn anyone plz help mee.....i wanna buy a new android phne......n m confused between the samsung note n s2.......cn anyone plz suggest mee which one is the best...??