I upgraded last week from Galaxy S2 to Galaxy Note. Here's my experience on whatís better on NOTE than S2:
1. BATTERY LIFE: Vastly improved battery life. My S2 used to last 8-10 hrs but the Note has stamina of 20-22 hrs with 1.5 hr net browsing, 3 hrs of calling on 2G network & 1 hr of gaming. All this with screen brightness set to 70-75%. Thanks to the power house back up of 2500 MAH.
2. DISPLAY: The display i would say is better than S2 in terms of size, its a pleasure to use for anything. No doubt the colours displayed on the S2 were more vibrant may be because of the Super Amoled PLUS screen whereas note get only Super Amoled but the display on the note looks more natural. The fact that now White is Pure White which was an issue with the S2. In S2 white was never pure white it was something like off white and there was always a yellow tint band on the left side of the screen which was visible only with brightness set to 10%. All S2's suffer from this problem I bet. Note does not have any such problem.
3. PERFORMANCE: Performance is almost the same as S2. The advantage of extra 0.2 GHz can be felt only in heavy games or heavy softwares which take time to load. In Day to day use you just cant feel any advantage of 1.4 GHz over 1.2 GHz.
4. DEVICE SIZE: The day i got my Note, on day 1 i felt like WTF i had done, why had i bought this slate but after using it for a day or 2 i got so much addicted to it & now it feels perfect in hand or in jeans pocket. After using 5.3" screen i bet u wont settle for anything less. People coming from S2 wonít feel the size of the device too big & will get used to it pretty soon but the blackberry or apple users canít even hold it properly. Sorry blackberry & apple users but that the truth.
5. SOUND QUALITY: The earphone used to listen to the calls is the same as S2. So expect a crystal clear sound quality. The speaker for listening to music is a bit better than the S2 because the music clarity is even more and there's no distortion at all even at full volume and with the supplied in-ear phones it just ROCKZZZZZZ.
Thatís it...rest everything is perfect with the device till date. I donít have even a single issue with it.
I would appreciate the reviews of other NOTE owners on this........if I had missed something.
Hi there, i like this phone and as we all know the great thing of this phone is its a crossover of Phone and Tablet. I am liked the pen which is doing wonders.. i've seen lots of video's of pen drawing and shading..but can anyone tell me that is it comfortable writing notes and emails. my most of the work with this phone will be writing. so is it a perfect device...please guide..thanks.
Super AWESOME stuff !
Jus bought it and it is a master piece. I was using Dell Streak and I mus say this one does mark up my streak.
Video, Sound, HD, 3G, Size, Capacity, etc. etc. etc. 10/10
I would love to see Android 4.0 on this now.
I bought note few days back and have to say that the size is working for me..
Easily fits in my pocket and i can even use it with one hand..but this device is definately not for girls or dwarfs :P . ..
Coming back to the point the device laga in ui right now.. specially in home screen and app menu. . Apart from that its superb..
cn anyone plz help mee.....i wanna buy a new android phne......n m confused between the samsung note n s2.......cn anyone plz suggest mee which one is the best...??
Kane, 18 Nov 2011It's obviously a serious problem maybe about the pentile display. Should be solved asap, or pp... moreIf you're complaining about the display then you obviously haven't actually seen one, they are awesome, pentile or not.
if posbal beep less call recordind softwar down lod for sumuning note reply soon
i got it 2 days ago & it seems like the battery won't last 4 more than 14 hrs stndby !!!
td, 19 Nov 2011the specs of this phone are fantastic...but i think, its best if they will release a galaxy no... morebest device?
nope. what you just defined only caters to your needs.
markets are moved by masses, not individuals.
When is the 32GB or 64GB becoming available. Is there going to be a revised edition with improved CPU and GPU hardware and with LTE and/or WIMAX connectivity?. In its current form, I do not think it is value for money, yet.
Hi again..i think this phone is quite a device!..b4 i purchased this phone i asked the seller about battery life and from the demo i m impressed..dont want to repeat the gs2 mistake...i m really really impressed with the phone battery. About the 3 hour internet time i look at it this way..u dont sit for 3 full hours on the phone surfing unless u want to transfer a bill $ or do bussiness..u can spend an hour a day 20 mins latter hu ha hu ha u get 3 hours in one week..that way u become productive. Another productive aspect of the note is the storage..with the note u have 16g internal and there is another slot for the micro sd of ur choice inside the phone nx to sim slot for 16...32...8g depend on ur pocket health..then again u have the micro usb adapater where u can connect at the charger port and get additional storage..other features are more or less the same. The pluses are 1 resolution 2 speed 3 size..thanks u very much
Awesome pone with a generous huge screen, faster processor, good camera n interesting s pen features....