Don't listen to all these fan boys on here; I don't know if they're being paid to deliberately paint a rosy picture of the phone or what but I see lots of BS.
Here is the cold heart, unbiased truth from someone who has been using the Note 1 for two years.
1. The screen display is amazing and allows for sharp, clear colours during video and picture viewing.
2. The camera is top notch when it comes to picture quality.
3. The s-pen can be handy if you actually have a use for it. It's pretty responsive.
4. This is an excellent device for anyone who prioritizes things like having access to MS Office, pdf viewing or editing, and just general note taking or similar business functions.
1. THE BATTERY IS HORRIBLE. Don't listen to anyone saying otherwise because they are just downright lying. The big beautiful display I mentioned is a massive power suck. Here it is in plain language for you: if you even use your phone LIGHTLY, you'll have to charge at minimum 3 times a day. I am not a heavy user by any means but I constantly look for outlets. A fully charged battery lasts me about 7 hours. Make sure to buy spare batteries and carry your charger with you.
2. The phone gets extremely laggy and slow at times so you'll have to get used to popping the battery out to completely reset it. Swapping between home screens, apps etc is very noticeably delayed.
3. Get used to Samsung's touchwiz UI which runs over top of Android. Once you become accustomed to it, Touchwiz is ok. Personally I don't find it user friendly but you might.
4. No updates. Not a surprise of course as this is an old phone but Android has made nice improvements since this device was originally launched and it would be nice to have access to those improvements.
Overall, if you're someone who has multiple phones on the go (and want to use this just for the screen space) or if you're okay with having multiple batteries on you all the time, this phone can be fun to use. However, for the rest of us who want some reliability and don't want to actively plan around our battery, this phone is a huge waste of money.
mastermind, 29 Nov 2013is note n7000 is upgradable upto kitkat or jelly bean?I have one running official release Jelly Bean 4.1.2
(If you get one be sure NOT to flash from Ice Cream Sandwich official kernel or risk hard brick)
Does N7000 support 32GB micro SDXC external memory?
Does is support 64GB micro SDXC as well?
Hari prasath, 29 Nov 2013i bought this phone just 8months back. but still i love this phone Had mine 9 months now.wouldnt swap it for the world, does everthing for me on a 5.3inch screen,come on who would want anything less,plus you can pick em up at a bargain now,great for watching tv and vids ;-)
i bought this phone just 8months back. but still i love this phone
really nice phone am using this from last year no problem,,cool 1 ilove this
I have also galaxy noyte 1. i am thinking this is 3rd class phone. it's always shows space storage running out. after each i format my phone due to this space running prob.
can u please tell me can my note n7000 get official jelly bean 4.3 updates....without unrooted....?????plz
jai, 22 Nov 2013i love this phone very muchYes! this phone is really perfect in all aspects. good looking, good performances, and super amoled.
jack, 22 Nov 2013Is this mobile still available in marketYes,try gumtree or Amazon. Its an amazing phone.theres plenty second hand ones out there,best ive ever owned.this will last me a life time.
jai, 22 Nov 2013i love this phone very muchIs this mobile still available in market