I am looking at buying this phone after reading all these really helpful comments.
On device BOOT UP, is PIN or PASSWORD authentication technically possible to get A41 access, where facial & fingerprint recognition have been disabled?
The manual doesn’t seem to say.
zack, 19 May 2021Any of you guys updated to android 11 and what's the battery life? (After clearing cache ... moreBeen on Android 11 for some weeks now and don't notice much difference in battery life. Phone is running very well.
Any of you guys updated to android 11 and what's the battery life? (After clearing cache in recovery or factort reset phone)
The final brilliant galaxy. It's sad to see how far Samsung dropped in 2 years from this to the S21. No more headphone jack, heart rate and spO2 sensor, gone is the Curved QHD display, glass back, and all the useful accessories from the box. It's actually disheartening that people Co tinue to buy the horrible s21
Its been an epic few years Samsung, but it's time to say goodbye.
Anonymous, 14 May 2021How can i update my s10 to 11 versionGo into your Settings app and click on Software update. Then Download and Install.
scorpio, 12 May 2021I have had the s10 since September 2019 and it is brilliant. You can buy this phone without an... moreThe only down side in my opinion is battery endurance under heavy usage. I've seen my self having to recharge it twice in a day.
Helpme, 11 May 2021Should I buy this phone in 2021? Is this phone still relevant for me to use? Any thing that I ... moreI have had the s10 since September 2019 and it is brilliant. You can buy this phone without any regret. It also pairs beautifully with my Samsung watch. Very happy with both.
Helpme, 11 May 2021Should I buy this phone in 2021? Is this phone still relevant for me to use? Any thing that I ... moreBuy mine, less than 12 months old and little used, it's a bit complicated for me ( older guy )
No trickery here, it's a good buy at $499.00 if you would like it ? Where about are you ?
Should I buy this phone in 2021? Is this phone still relevant for me to use? Any thing that I need to consider before buy this phone?
Anonymous, 02 May 2021But overall can you recommend the phone?Abaolutely. Given that Samsung has stopped producing the curved edge screen along with high ppi display, the previous generation s10, s20, s8 series, s9 series, note 8,9,10 are brilliant phones to own. The magic is missing in the s21, a series.
scorpio, 03 May 2021Absolutely. No hesitation at all.Thanks
Anonymous, 02 May 2021But overall can you recommend the phone?Absolutely. No hesitation at all.
Dey-2010, 29 Apr 2021A couple of other observations,
1. Not sure how Samsung messed up the fast charging on thi... moreYou are a very observant man. I also have an s10 which I am very happy with. I have never noticed the screen lighting that you mentioned whilst on a call so obviously it has never bothered me. Thank you for taking the time and effort for your input.
A couple of other observations,
1. Not sure how Samsung messed up the fast charging on this device. The Note 8 I had before, and the A7 I before that all had an actual working fast-charging that charged the device from 0-100% in about 20 minutes. And the backup and charging capabilities remained rock solid for the 2-3 years that I have used them.
1 hour and 15 mins on this device, is by no means fast charging.
2. The battery stays for almost a day, but it's a bit unsettling at first when you actually see the battery counting down percentages as you scroll every 8-10 really-short videos. I have never actually noticed this real-time countdown in any of my previous devices, and it feels alarming at first. I will probably get used to it in time.
3. The ambient light sensor is under the display, and this could be seen during calls (a light blinks just above where the network reception is displayed). I have developed a muscle memory to immediately press the screen lock button on receiving a call, so it disables the sensor, and blanks out the display till the call is dropped, or the lock button is pressed again. This prevents the display from lighting up when the phone is adjusted, tilted, switching ears, etc. I like these tiny details in the software. There is no way to turn off the sensor functionality in other phones, and the display would randomly light up.
4. The phone gets hot sometimes, and this is erratic. I have not found a pattern there. 2 hours of videos, and there is no rise in temp. 3-4 photos with flash, and it heats up. 30 minutes of tracking an Uber ride, and it does not get hot. 5 minutes of surfing restaurants on Zomato, and up goes the heat. 1.5 hours while charging the device, and neither the phone nor the charger gets hot, but 5 minutes of data transfer from phone to laptop, and it gets hot.
5. The sound output from the S10's speakers are amazing, but the output via headphones lacks punch (no deep bass, highs and lows). There is an auto and manual equalizer setting too, but I did not find the resulting output any better than the default sound. I have always found Samsung's audio quality via headphones to be below par compared to other companies.
6. Dark-colored themes look better than the system-wide dark mode, if the chosen theme has a good selection and contrast of backgrounds.
7. I have always found that the Samsung Amoled displays, at its lowest brightness setting, along with the blue light filter, is still soothing to the eye in a dark room. Most other phones need a third party app to further dim the display in a dark room, for reading purposes.
Hope this helps some users.