I have used this phone for about a month, let me talk about my experience.
1. The screen looks good, with good pic quality and color tone
2. The selfie cam is in the center of the top of the screen and is small, not obtrusive
3. The screen is large, it's easy to see things or play games, the eyes aren't easy to get tired, and the font size can be adjusted in a large range
4. Good perf, even if you play games with a lot of resources, it won't delay or overheat
5. The sound quality of the dual speakers is very good. I have heard the best sound quality phone, you can achieve the effect of the left and right channels by placing the phone horizontally
6. The endurance is very good, it can last a long time with one charge, and it has a 15W fast charge (9V/1.67A) that can be fully charged in up to 1 hour and 40 minutes.
1. The interface is not very friendly, I don't know if One UI is like this, but from my experience, the settin' interface is not popular, and most functions need to be searched directly instead of by clickin'.
2. The auto brightness is too bright and in this mode, the cam screen will automatically be adjusted to the brightest when turnin' on the cam, so I always turn off the auto brightness. I don't know if it's only Samsung or most Androids, cuz my old Oppo F1 only When the cam screen is turned on, it'll be automatically adjusted to the brightest level, which cannot be improved. I thought it would improve after switchin' to this but only half of the improvement...
3. The SoC will overheat when the cam is turned on for a while
4. The cam's color tone is not real, and the image quality and night scene mode aren't as good as expected
5. I don't know where to check the phone specs, and the score I measured with GeekBench is only S865 grade, and mine is the S888 version, but GeekBench shows that my chipset is SM-G9960 (code name of Galaxy S21+)
6. The frame of the phone is too smooth, I hope it can be changed to a matte surface, and the buttons are too thin, which makes it a little uncomfortable to press
Stop complainin' about the lack of card slots or 3.5mm jacks, especially the latter. Most phones now don't, and I haven't seen anyone complainin' on other phones, especially iphones.
Clau, 11 Mar 2021S21 series means: lower resolution, NO charger in the box, NO cardslot..and NO AKG earphones.T... moreStop stupid accusations
1. For the phone screen size, there's not much difference between 1k and 2k.
2. Apple also does not have a charger, card slot or earphones.
3. Apple doesn't have 2k screen, but many people still buy it.
Anonymous, 11 Mar 2021Most S20 users would rather run FHD+ in 120Hz than QHD+ in 60Hz. So, in a sense, the S21/21+ i... moreAll I'm saying is they are to many Cons of S21 series vs S20.. People who knows a bit of smartphones don't buy S21 series or similar downgrade products.
Clau, 11 Mar 2021S21 series means: lower resolution, NO charger in the box, NO cardslot..and NO AKG earphones.T... moreMost S20 users would rather run FHD+ in 120Hz than QHD+ in 60Hz. So, in a sense, the S21/21+ is not a downgrade.
S21 series means: lower resolution, NO charger in the box, NO cardslot..and NO AKG earphones.That means NO BUY! (Next year they will send just the BOX of the phone)
This is really point to be note :
Samsung being greedy not giving
1) charger adaptor
2) AKG earphones
4) No telephoto
I would suggest go and buy Redmi note 10 series or premium Mi phone (atleast you get most of things at half price) I know OS is something needs tuning but MIUI is not that bad too... you can manage ads via adblocker.
I am using s21+ since 1 month and I experienced, that my brother using redmi note 9 pro having better signal and sound quality than s21+ (even stereo) , signal/charger, yes few plus points are there, but still while do filming/video/camera s21+ heats.. while redmi MI 9 pro does not. Also new 10 series on MI is worth at 1/3 price of GREEDY sammy.
Henk01, 24 Feb 2021Being able to just connect your phone ( see it as a big memory card too) and transfer files th... moreFrom my experience, filling a memory card with a good 3.0 card reader is really much faster than transfering files directly to my S21 using an Usb cable. Don't know why, maybe android OS and OneUI interface are slowing things.
No HD playing when watching HD videos online!
I have both: S21 plus and iPhone 12 Pro Max and when watching the same HD news on YouTube, s21 plus clearly washed out and iPhone 12 Pro Max smooth and sharp (Let alone more accurate color reproduction, thanks to apple tuning OLED to look like LCD).
I don’t think 50 point difference in PPI ( iPhone 12 Pro max has slightly higher PPI ) is the factor.
nobody, 05 Mar 2021battery life is better than fast charging and s21 family charges from 1 hour to 1:30mins soo i... moreYes. I almost never fast charge my phones. I just stick them on a wireless charger over night. Connected to a power supply that doesn't have the power to fast charge. I fell in love with wireless charging in 2013 when I got a Nexus 7. So when I started purchasing new phones with an S6, instead of refurbished ones, in 2015. I started using wireless charging on my cellphones.
Anonymous, 24 Feb 2021All that big name S21 Plus 5G just 1.1x OPTICAL ZOOM ?!?!?!?!?🤪 such Big Name should... morebattery life is better than fast charging and s21 family charges from 1 hour to 1:30mins soo its not that long, in my opinion 25-40 watt is enough because high speed may damage your phone and make your phone die faster and i want my phone to live with me for a long time.
Nick, 27 Feb 2021S 21 series: Paying more and getting LESS features. No sd slot, no 3.5mm jack,,no charger, no... moreflagship are better in cameras and are much faster, 3.5mm headphone jack was removed since note 10 soo why you are sad, but at the end it is your choice
Got one of these the other day and for the price you pay which is overpriced, the cameras are absolutely abysmal. Same old over exposed mushy quality from Samsung especially when shooting towards sunlight. Signal is terrible too. I give up with Samsung their quality has taken a serious dip