The Exynos Galaxy S21+ clearly has a much lower battery test score than the Snapdragon version as shown on DXOMark. But i've seen several videos that is the contrary. Is it because Samsung has pushed several software updates to maximise the efficiency of the battery? Having had Android in the past 11 years I can say I've pretty much done all the battery saving tips & tricks under the sun apart from rooting the thing. So, is there anything else I need to be doing?
And is it advisable to leave the phone charged overnight so I can have fresh 100% by the time I wake up to go to work?
Gino76ph, 17 May 2022So, even if the selfie camera has a lower megapixel count than the A53 5G?Yes because a good quality 8megapixel lens is better then a 64 mediocre one. Its about focus strenght, shutter speed, and the amount of light it can manage and also processing al the data. A good 8megapixel lens and the latest processor will give better pictures then a budget 64megapixel with a budget pocessor.
So a question, does anyone else noticed the battery that drops quicker with certain cases? If i use my spigen case (thick rubbery one) the battery is dead after 6 or 7 hours. Without using it. Feels warm also. If i use a thinner case with a clear back, it works fine. Possible some cases interfere the signal? Or block the attentas? Using the exynos version and cell reception is normaly 4 or 5 blocks strenght.
Also does anyone know certain cases that use aluminium, better or worse experience with the cell reception? I Mean there is metal in the phone but if you block the plastic cell band with metal. Worse signal?
Has anybody noticed the fingerprint scanner is slow and less reliable after the May update? It works like normal with apps but when waking the phone it is horribly slow and often does not register.
I cleared the cache and it did not help.
Do anyone find best alternative of this?
I love few things from this device
1) Good Camera overall
2) Good Battery life 6hr soT
3) Call recording
Few worst thing which makes me to sold this
1) Normal usage it heats ~40c
2) Camera shutter delay (mostly blurry) even with burst mode mostly blurry pics
3) Camera UI laggy
4) Performance degraded after latest oneUI (2022 MAY) update.
Confused because in 2021/2022 till May not a single device (phones) found, have balanced features. Most of SDgen1 heats like crazy.
Gino76ph, 17 May 2022So, even if the selfie camera has a lower megapixel count than the A53 5G?Megapixel is not necessary... optimization and sensor size is better than a53 in s21 plus
Gino76ph, 16 May 2022Hi all. Trying to compare the S21+ vs the A53 5G....both come with the Exynos processor here i... moreHi...s21 plus is much much much 10 time much better than a53 in any term.
3. Build quality
Hi all. Trying to compare the S21+ vs the A53 5G....both come with the Exynos processor here in the UK. If I want good, natural-looking selfie photos which would you go for?
Does the S21+ still has superior rear main and ultrawide lenses compared to the A53 5G?
Like to know your advice please.
biggusdickus, 04 May 2022s21+ or oneplus 9 pro?Go with s21 plus
s21+ or oneplus 9 pro?
Anonymous, 16 Apr 2022What's your chipsetI'm using exynos version. 256gb, 8 GB ram
Kaddy2727, 24 Mar 2022Hey guys does the S21 plus 12/512gb exist?
I found one in my country that i wanted to purchase No it doesn't exist.
It must be fake Chinese clone
Anonymous, 05 Apr 2022Using this s21+ Exynos (256gb) from 13 months below are CONS I faced. 1) Battery life hits... moreI own 13 months this beast and I have 6-8 hours of screen on time all time. No heat and no issues, hella fast. Try to do factory reset maybe you have to much junk on your phone.
Using this s21+ Exynos (256gb) from 13 months
below are CONS I faced.
1) Battery life hits after 1 year , I need twice charging ( don't keep it below 30%) I do charge it if it drops below 30%.
2) Its Summer in India now, so I literally feel it by default keep device temperature 39c degree even room temperature is low. (may be exyos effect)
3) Updated to OneUI 4.1 it is good OS but still after using more it feels slugish while using it. Its not always smooth. We have to manually optimize phone every time which should be automatic.
4) Camera shutter lag (you will realize this when you click fast action photos, even you use fast shutter button - image sequences all image comes blurry in action shot) so it is meaningless.
5) I have Samsung a52s as secondary device but it feels more smoother than this premium s21+ which is quite strange... (ofcourse it can't compete to camera)
6) Just realized resale value of my 1 year old s21+ 256gb , not even I get 41k
bought at 85k. its SHAME on samsung.
Looking forward to receiving this phone. Upgrading from my old S9+ (had it for almost 4 years). Seems like a great phone. Well-rounded. Got a solid deal, the price was right. S9+ 64GB Midnight Black --> S21+ 128GB Phantom Silver. I got this over S22+/S21 FE due to price and various other factors (battery life etc.).
Anonymous, 03 Apr 2022On SIM 1 right? Same problem. I guess it's just a display bug.No, both
Syed, 02 Apr 2022Which phone should I buy.
Note 20 ultra or S21 + ????
Please update.ThanksS21+ (Exynos region)
Note 20 Ultra (Snapdragon region)