lainedeer, 01 Jul 2016The update is ridiculous. There are no pros to this update on my phone.
My phone battery dr... moreTo LAINEDEER:
I heard that the phone doesn't automatically reset like it did with Lollipop. Did you manually do a factory reset or a hard factory rest?
After updating and formatting, my phone start lagging after couple of weeks now i dont understand how to fix it.
The update have no much merits its only for a name. My phone was not lagging while typing or playing games but now sometimes it too laggy.
The update is ridiculous. There are no pros to this update on my phone.
My phone battery drains after a few hours since it updated. It lags worse than my old laptop even when doing simple things like typing a short word into a text. Some apps were added that I don't need, others I had uninstalled months ago were suddenly reinstalled and running, and the widgets changed and screwed up my screen layouts.
Just a thought ; I'm really sure this 6.0 marshmallow update will be the s5's last,I was wondering has any one with the 6.0 update tried installing the Galaxy s6 & s7 game launcher apk ? I heard it allows you to reduce the screen resolution of your device to 720p when gaming.
ashiq123, 16 Jun 2016Hoooo....finally its arrived mm in g900h How to upgrade g900h to mm here i hsve 6.0 version yet
hrishibaba, 16 Jun 2016I also have MM in s5 INS but none of your problem like Screen flickering, Camera focus, MX cra... moreThanks hrishibaba for all the info you provided. Now I think option 4 & 5 are best for me. Once again thanks a lots for the detailed info. I really appreciate it. Good luck dude.
Anyone have a idea how to bring old features like eye scrolling back to marshmallow update
Hie anyone have a idea how to get back features like eye scrolling in marshmallow
4 days before my mobile was ubdated battery draining tooo fast while using wifi too much of heating lolipop so good mm is such a waste
Some users of galaxy S5 have found a small bug in this update!! The lock screen sometimes doesn't seem to turnoff when you get a msg i.e., until you press the power off button, the display doesn't turn of its own as it should be!! This can cause significant battery drain!!
If you are facing the same problem, I have found a fix for this!! Just remove the peel remote widget from the lock screen or disable the peel remote app!! Now the lock screen will turnoff automatically after sometime a msg comes and it also saves a lot of battery too!!
Since i upgrade to marshmallow my s5 battery began to heat up easily and phone began to hanged... freeze.. which had not happend when i was in lollipop.... this is really crazy ...
I have updated my galaxy s5 via OTA update on 15th of June. After using the phone for 6 days, these are my pros and cons of this Marshmallow update!!
1) The battery has been improved compared to lollipop maybe because of Doze!! Previously My phone used to drain 4 to 5% of the battery over the night on standby with WiFi on continuously!! Now, it is draining only 2% over the night!!
2) Fingerprint scanner is a bit quicker compared to lollipop!!
3) The icons and new look is decent!!
4) The phone works very smoothly just like it used to work in lollipop and some of the apps like games were opening quickly compared to lollipop!!
1) No themes support like in S6 or S7's!! It would have been nice if themes are added!! Although we can get the theme store if we root the phone, I don't want to!!
2) I noticed the camera app is loading a bit slower (not much difference, but it is somewhat noticeable) compared to Lollipop!! Although the picture clarity is almost the same as before!!
3) Whenever I restart the device, It asks for the backup password and not fingerprint!! This is apparently a new feature of Marshmallow in Samsung devices!! So, we can't do much about it!!
PS: I haven't factory reset the phone after the update like all are saying to do and my phone still works fine!! I just cleared the cache before and after the update thats all!!
So, overall, this is a decent update with marshmallow features although nothing much has changed significantly!!
MM already entered in SMG900H on 14.06.2016. Go to setting-about device-software update.
MM already entered in SMG900H on 14.06.2016
Just go to setting_About Device_System Update.
After updating and formatting,the phone works smooth but i dont understand that after restarting or powering it ON, fingerprint does not work and ask for the backup password as it shows a message that unable to use fingerprint.
And after giving the backup password it works all fine.
My s5 is a model sm-g900h and have not yet received update marsmallow.i live in mauritius.what to do ??