Supriyo B, 15 Jun 2016I have updated my Samsung Galaxy S5(INS) to Marshmallow via Kies and I downloaded 1384Mb to do... moreI also have MM in s5 INS but none of your problem like Screen flickering, Camera focus, MX crashing (Assuming you have latest version) exist.Also MM for exynos available from 23 may and non of your above problem has been mentioned in xda and other forum.
It seems like update (since you did from kies with full ROM image , dirty flash would be appropriate word) has messed up with driver and blobs of your device hardware (Particularly GPU driver , mediaserver, camera blobs)
Now I'm not that positive about again Factory reset would solve the problem but do it again for a try (10% chances that it'll solve the all above problem).
1) Do a factory reset for a try (I know you did it but do it again) 10% chance for problem to be solved.
2) If your phone is in warranty then go to service center & tell them about screen flickering and camera focusing problem & others. First two problem is sufficient for them to repair your phone (By re flashing the whole ROM or changing the motherboard or Replacing the phone with other unit).
3) If phone is in warranty but you do not want to go service centre for whatever reason, Download the odin(Samsung flashing tool leaked in internet) and download the G900H INS version Rom from sammobile firmware section. Assuming you know all the risk of flashing through odin, flash and factory reset it (80% chance it'll solve your problem).
4) Not in warranty, then call(post in their facebook, twitter page) the Samsung care and tell them after official MM update your phone is experiencing screen flickering and camera problem & tell them to repair it free of cost as it is not you doing.
5) If they rejected your request (out of warranty period) even after calling their senior management or emails, you have one option left. Use odin to flash official firmware OR Root your phone, flash TWRP , flash custom rom for G900H model (from xda like Skyrocket ROM , AJ's ROM).
DO above steps assuming u reformatted(factory reset) your phone (for second time).
About battery problem :- For me battery life has been improved a lot after MM update specially ideal time (Screen off time) & Approx. 10% improvement in Screen On time.
Normally after new update you have to give like three or four full cycle of charging -discharging. MM has Doze and app standby features that will surely increase battery life. But they need approx a week to learn your usage pattern to do optimisation, so wait.
Another possibility of poor battery life is some rough app is consuming you battery by keeps awake your phone, do update to your all apps to latest version. Or,maybe ur battery old (like 1-2 year old & need new battery replacement (For replacing battery go to service center & use official one as in online market 99.9% battery is fake samsung even if they have samsung logo and looks like original).
About App compatibility
App compatability goes upward not downward in Android.
Total no of Marshmallow supported app= Total no of lollipop compatible app + apps exclusive for Android 6.0 or above (Upcoming android N).
Yeah if you have android gingerbread or froyo then app compatibility is a problem as lots of app (and google play service ) support Android 4.1 and above
Jt k, 15 Jun 2016Have u done a factory reset?? If not.....do it and then post ur comment.......dont spread rumoursYes after upgrading to Marshmallow I did factory reset & wiped cache. If you don't believe me then it's your choice buddy. I just gave friendly advice and you are not bound to listen to me. Have fun.
Supriyo B, 15 Jun 2016I have updated my Samsung Galaxy S5(INS) to Marshmallow via Kies and I downloaded 1384Mb to do... moreHave u done a factory reset?? If not.....do it and then post ur comment.......dont spread rumours
I have updated my Samsung Galaxy S5(INS) to Marshmallow via Kies and I downloaded 1384Mb to download the Marshmallow update. My friendly advice to those who haven't updated to Marshmallow yet.... Please don't update.
Pros: Device is performing faster than before, Finger print is working faster, New icons.
Cons : Poor battery backup, lots of bugs like screen flickering, Camera focus is not working properly, very less apps supporting marshmallow, call recorder not working, MX player crashing etc.
Finally got the Marshmallow update via OTA on 14.06.2016 ( Mumbai ). Installed on my S5 & now phone looks like new. Thanks samsung.
Jt k, 14 Jun 2016Do a factory reset on ur phone.I did factory rest and now my phone feels snappýyyy..thank u
Guys I hav update to 6.0.1 through OTA..But now my mobile seems laggy n hangs a bit..Wat shall I Do?plz suggest
jinc, 14 Jun 201614th June 2016Dude i updated before u did😂😂
Nishanth66, 13 Jun 2016I'm waiting for the OTA update...G900H INS version..when will the OTA update start??14th June 2016
guys good news. ota is available for ins variant of s5 g900h . please check your update setting under setting-> about...
hrishi.baba, 13 Jun 2016Connect it to kiesI'm waiting for the OTA update...G900H INS version..when will the OTA update start??
hrishi.baba, 13 Jun 2016Maybe newer kies version doesn't delete data but it is recommended to do factory reset after ... moreyes resetting the phone helped immensely, initially the phone lagged a lot; then i did factory reset and now its back to normal..
Eliminimi , 13 Jun 2016How i can check the version of my sm g900h Connect it to kies
it doesn't get downloaded via kies it downloads upto preparing s5 for update then the screen just freezes up whats the issue?