AnonD-1385, 09 Jul 2015Fortunately for me ny S5 doesn't heat up automatically. If it does heat up it's when I'm using it.which one do you have ? SM-G900H ?
AnonD-1385, 09 Jul 2015To IJAZ.ALI:
Maybe you have a bad behaving app also known as a rogue app. Check your batter... moreTO Original-Jamaican: Thanks alot for ur precious reply, actully i have factory reset my phone 2 times nothing happen, after few hours it started to heat up again , i also formated my memory card, that didnt help me out also, and regarding the app i have installed only whats app and viber, nothing else i have installed on on my phone yet, i dnt know what is it causing the battery to drain, may be its a bug in lollipop 5.0 that causing this problem.
i m waiting for 5.1.1 or 5.2 , may be that could remove the problem, other wise i have tried every thing else, i m even thinking of reinstalling the lollipop via kies.
Fortunately for me ny S5 doesn't heat up automatically. If it does heat up it's when I'm using it.
AnonD-316697, 09 Jul 2015what to do for the automaticlly heating of s5 after lollipop update, i dnt even use it, and it... moreTo IJAZ.ALI:
Maybe you have a bad behaving app also known as a rogue app. Check your battery status by going to the battery menu in settings and see what is using the most battery. If you see any app you downloaded using the most battery then more than likely that is the cause of your problem. If you don't see any app you downloaded using the most battery and you see Android System or Android OS using the most battery then that could still be a downloaded app which doesn't show in the forefront.
If it's an app you downloaded and you see it using the most battery...for example Magic Jack...then uninstall it, power off your phone, start up back your phone then reinstall it from the Play Store. Chances are you will get the latest version of that app which should be problem free. If you re-download the app and the problem is solved then more than likely the problem was due to a corrupt file within that app.
Also make sure your 'Play Services' is up to date. Having a older version is known to eat up more battery life when newer apps are installed.
If all that fails then enable POWER SAVING MODE and select RESTRICT BACKGROUND DATA. That should cool things down.
If nothing I have suggested works then you might need to WIPE your phone...that is RESETTING it to factory settings. You can do that from the BACKUP and RESET option in the menu.
You can also do a HARD RESET by turning the phone off, hold down VOLUME UP, HOME KEY and POWER BUTTON. Select WIPE PARTITION CACHE and and then select DELETE ALL DATA.
Please get back to me and let me know how it turned out.
AnonD-1385, 07 Jul 2015Good day EVERYONE. I finally made the plunge to Lollipop even though I didn't initially pla... morewhat to do for the automaticlly heating of s5 after lollipop update, i dnt even use it, and its getting heat which cause the battery to drain fast.
hello, i have updated my s5 to lollipop a mnonth ago, now it has started heating up automatically without me using it, which cause the battery to drain fast, does any one here know the solution here ? i m very worried. please help me here, i dnt want to get back to kit kat.
Good day EVERYONE.
I finally made the plunge to Lollipop even though I didn't initially plan to...as to why I did it is a long story.
WHAT I LIKE ABOUT LOLLIPOP:
1. Cleaner interface. Material Design is even nicer than I thought. The white colour throughout the interface makes a difference.
2. More snappy (for the most part).
3. Longer lasting power from the battery with the right tweaks.
4.Much Faster shutdown. While KitKat took about 7-10 seconds Lollipop takes about 3 seconds. Faster shutdown also means faster restart in the event you need to restart your phone rather than shut it down.
5. Fingerprint scanner is more accurate than stock KitKat 4.4.2...though the last update to KitKat (for the G900H) seemed more accurate.
6. Fingerprint scanner lets you know your finger was recognised with a little vibration. That's a good feature because you can unlock your S5 with your finger without looking to see a confirmation. You can easily know if your S5 is unlocked or not whether you look at the scren or not.
7. More buttery feel overall. Everything just seems smoother.
WHAT I DON'T LIKE ABOUT LOLLIPOP:
1. After touching RECENT APPS you can't jump back to the HOME SCREEN by touching the left or right of the screen when the apps are shown vertically...or anywhere on the screen when they are no apps to show.
2. Seems to get hot more easily when the processor is running at full speed. There's an easy fix though, just enable POWER SAVING MODE and if you RESTRICT BACKGROUND RESTRICTION it will be even cooler. Most times when POWER SAVING MODE is it will run in the 80s plus degree farenheit. ULTRA POWER SAVING MODE will of course do the trick as well.
3. GSMArena says the VOLUME is louder with Lollipop. Under KitKat GSMArena rated the loudspeaker volume at 66.9 for voice, 66.6 for music and 75.7 for ringing phone. Under Lollipop GSMArena rated the loudspeaker volume at 70.7 for voice, same 66.6 for music and 78.0 for ringing phone. Honestly though I see no difference in voice calls when on loudspeaker and the ringing doesn't seem any louder to me.
4. While the overall look of Lollipop is nice, the artistic look of the notification panel looks awful. It looks dull in the sense of it having a washed out look. It looked much nicer in KitKat.
Overall though upgrading to Lollipop was a smooth transition for me and I don't have some of the problems that some user complains about. For instance, I don't have any camera problems which a few persons have complained about. It works as well as it used to in KitKat. My S5 is factory unlocked. It was never tied to a provider/carrier so maybe that makes a difference.
Well that's my findings after upgrading to Lollipop in exactly one week ago.
If there's anything else anybody finds out please share and maybe we can work together to solve any issues.
I got lollipop update on my S5 but the most irritating thing is HEATING PROBLEM.. The device gets so much heated that it starts to lag and apps freezes in between.. Any help on my S5 SM-G900H
hessam, 12 Jun 2015what is s5 octa antutu benchmark in lollipop?I got 49600 point in antutu benchmark
I am unable to update my s5 to lollipop bcz after downloading update (ota). It sayes error log and stop updating. Plz solve me prblm.. thnx...
Josbhai, 20 Jun 2015I am newly purchased g s5 G900H. Yesterday i update to lollypop 5. Still i not get LTE? Then f... moreThis is a Non-4G version of S5 specially made for Indian market without 4G connection.
AnonD-401178, 31 May 2015Hello fellas!I am using s5 sm-g900h since past 4months...to be honest i didn't face any kinda ... moreI am newly purchased g s5 G900H. Yesterday i update to lollypop 5. Still i not get LTE? Then future update can get chance to LTE facility? My same configuration TAB S 8.4 get 5.02 update and after my tabs network setting showing 4g lte option. If u have any information please convey me. Thank you. Josbhai
The only different between quad core s5 and octa core s5 is that only quad core s5 get the lollipop update. Samsung must have forgotten their octa core s5.
AnonD-251095, 12 Jun 2015I updated a month ago and i recommend it. Almost everything has gotten buttery better except t... moreI have got a s5 SM-G900h and this get extrem overheating sometimes I can't even touch It and still It doesn't got android llolipop update.
AnonD-1385, 07 Jun 2015Thanks for the input. I always look forward to hearing from people who upgrade their S5 to Lol... moreI updated a month ago and i recommend it. Almost everything has gotten buttery better except the annoying white theme and slight recent apps button delay also remains. Also be sure to factory reset after the update.