Lang , 06 Sep 2014If Samsung think they can force us to buy their phones without fm radio. They are mistaken bec... moreyeah you right buddy. I don't know why they don't put fm radio in the phones now. You call these smart phones business people's phone but are you telling me business people don't listen to radio? They should put in fm radio with recording feature like in s3 i9300, galaxy star and others.
Anonymous, 29 Aug 2014No, S5 Mini does not support USB On-The-Go.Samsung does not make 4G phones for india
Samsung please stop the manufacturing the phones or high range phone should have atleast 12 mp cam and the big mistake is they are not launching every mobile in India
Iam waiting for s5 mini since 4 months
But samsung playing with customers shit samsung
If Samsung think they can force us to buy their phones without fm radio. They are mistaken because I and many other people worldwide will continue to boycott their phones until they come reinstalled with fm radio. No fm radio no Samsung. South Africa
I don't get it why people compare S5 mini with S3, they maybe have the similar specs but the design and the UI experience is same as on bigger S5
Samsung galaxy phones are great and perfect but we looking into the future to get phones whose applications runs separate and battery usage meant for calls and other communications.
Thanks and waiting to see future android phones.
I have just purchased two of these phones and went back to buy the Gear 2 Neo watchses to work with them but have discovered they are not compatible with this phone.
When will Samsung Mini have this oprion?
The camera app freezes sometimes: It shows just black in the viewfinder. Even the three Android buttons stop responding.
review_s5_mini, 02 Sep 2014Guys I just purchased this phone. My small review of pros/cons vs review done by GSMArena: ... moreThanks for the review. How is loudspeaker loudness, and is it true there is no USB on the Go ?
I just purchased this phone. My small review of pros/cons vs review done by GSMArena:
- Super AMOLED display colors in very bright sunlight outdoor are "psychodelic". The S5 mini's pump-up contrast feature looks very very bad (much worst than in "big" S5!). However "readability" is perfect.
- there is no possibility to enable haptic feedback for back/home/switch apps physical buttons!. This feature is "cutted out" vs normal Galaxy S5. also there is no haptic feedback for samsung keayboard (but you can download & enable it in for example swiftkey)!
- no microphone noise cancellation. You can hear background noise.
- phone is slow in some games. Also there is noticable delay in some app launching, coming back to home screen, etc. This is especially visible for power users.
- battery is not so good (I disagree with gsmarena measurement). One day of moderate usage is max what you can expect.
the truth, 22 Aug 2014s5 mini is a slightly faster s3 even got the same graphics card mini is for fashion not for powerMali-400-s3 mini
JT, 31 Aug 2014I saw many comments said Z1C much better than this S5 mini. Agree for its specs. But i used Z1... moreThat is right i tried the mini Sony and the fonts are far too small with not enough light: very hard to read. With Samsung you can get huge fonts even on a small screen...But S5 mini still not available here in Thailand...
I saw many comments said Z1C much better than this S5 mini. Agree for its specs. But i used Z1C just for a week and i decided to sell it. Reason? Xperia screen's backlight is worst than other phones i ever used (Z2 & Z1C are the same), smaller screen with higher ppi means not a powerfull phone but a phone that suites for powerfull eyes (if you know what i mean).
Anonymous, 29 Aug 2014No, S5 Mini does not support USB On-The-Go.Thanks. That is disappointing. Many phones much cheaper has Usb OTG... I will have to look for another small phone.