advice, 06 Jul 2014thank u for the question.
the s5 mini has almost equal dimensions to xperia compact but sti... moreLet me correct your answer about S5 mini and Z1C comparison
1) Both loudspeaker are below average due to IP certified - Water resistant.
2) If the back cover is removable, it have weakness. -let say if you drop you phone. Both back and battery will pop out. -Likely if you want to remove your battery often like opening the flap to charge your phone.
3) Light weight? Nope. Not even me feel any different between them. Plastic frame vs Aluminium frame, Bigger battery on Z1C, Bigger motherboard.
4) Flash bleed issues? Don't capture any photos with flash ON in long distance situation, only in short distance it will not occur. Because why I know to overcome this issue? I use Z1C right now and I only use the LED light to be a torch light. Low light capture already great in Z1C.
5) Big bezels helps you to grip on your phone because like the thin bezel you will have to find a spot that doesn't interfere with the screen that already ON.
6) FM radio? *yawn* Because in my country I only turn ON and listen to radio FM while in car. FM radio in phone is likely 1/100 usage for me.
7) People are respecting Sony for making a mini without downgrading to much(only 2 things- battery and screen) while S5 mini have been left behind its S801 CPU, 16mp ISOCELL camera, 1080p screen, 2800mAh battery.
8) Lastly your size comparison -S5 with 131.1x64.8x9.1 vs Z1C with 127x64.9x9.8. But still, S5 mini is bigger even with bigger screen that make you harder to operate with one hand like what Xperia Z1C commercial did and its true.
Hope you understand and know more about mini smartphone.
And u guys release a crappy exynose version for indian customers and snapdragon for others . . ! . . Its time time to say to samesung _"quit india !
AnonD-268646, 07 Jul 2014Probably go for that but I still need to consider other brands like Lenovo S series, Asus Zen ... moreOf course because it's business.
Nobody wants to be stagnant in business.
Tcool, 07 Jul 2014Go for Huawei.Probably go for that but I still need to consider other brands like Lenovo S series, Asus Zen series or even the Xiaomi's new MI3. Decent spec with good price tag. HTC is good but it is overpriced. The worst thing about smartphones nowadays, if you buy one today they probably sell a new product the next day to replace the one you've bought.
AnonD-259609, 07 Jul 2014In the picture the multi purpose jack is open so how can it be water resistant? Have you ever think of your ear when swimming under the water less than 1 meter?
Your ear is open but it is water resistant.
Anonymous, 06 Jul 2014no FM Radio = limited freedom of the usability of phoneCome on, it's 2014, internet radio is the best.
No need for the built-in radio which is slave to the messy wired headset with limited radio stations to choose from.
definately evry iphone ipod or sony or htc the only reason i dispoint it becaused of built in battery but all is good my ipod touch 5th gen have 2 yrs of used the only problem is the battery is built in make iphone 6 aremovable battery billions of unit will sold and i sure that.....
In the picture the multi purpose jack is open so how can it be water resistant?
Tcool, 06 Jul 2014Hello! This is 2014, who needs radio in a 4G/3G smartphone? What negative point you are tal... moreBuilt in radio is not that big of an expense to install.... Try standing on a lake fishing with hardly and service on ur phone and u want to listen to the radio. U CAN'T ..... But my iPod mini has a radio on it and it works just fine. Now I have to carry two devices with me. That sucks. If I'm at work and my phone have a fm radio, I would be happier. The population in the world is 7.046 billion. So when u say only 1percent would use the radio that's a lot of people.
AnonD-273829, 06 Jul 2014so you mean you wont buy iphone 5s and will go for iphone 4 right, the things you said are cor... moreWell not really. I would go for iPhone 5 over iPhone 4 because Apple puts tons of improvement in the new iPhone. In this case, Samsung only improve some parts in the S5 mini and somehow downgrade some parts. So basically I would go for the S4 mini. I don't really care about the OS update. In 3 to 4 years time I still would have to buy a new phone anyway.
paulmurza, 06 Jul 2014You are misleading people, but I hope you are not that evil to know that. Apple ''manages'' ra... moreYes I know that Apple iOS is a locked system. There isn't much you can customize in an iPhone. Not to mention I would own an Android but not a Samsung. A few years back Samsung was the best but now naah. It's better to go for other brands. Samsung's not worth it.
Anonymous, 06 Jul 2014You're wrong. The IPS LCD screen is much better than any Amoled in every way.
The fingerprint... moreit seems that u still have the old idea about the over saturated colors of the super amoled screen,samsung has improved the color accuracy dramatically and the latest super amoled screen has the most accurate colors in the market.
sony stupidly puts obligatory plastic screen over the glass screen in its phones.
the heart rate monitor is some what a gimmicky feature but its presence in any phone is not a bad thing.(i prefer the fm radio over the HR sensor)
the fingerprint sensor is an excellent feature,instead of typing a password or drawing a pattern to unlock the phone just swipe your finger ,just one step.
most of samsung phones has the fm radio but the latest high end phones from samsung came without this feature only because samsung is greedy it wants us to use its internet radio app and pay for streaming and removing the adds.
Anonymous, 06 Jul 2014You're wrong. The IPS LCD screen is much better than any Amoled in every way. The fingerprint... moreWho needs built-in FM radio when there is internet radio with lots of stations to choose from and not limited to local radio stations.
advice, 06 Jul 2014unlike u i am not a fan boy for any company,i don't get paid by samsung or any other else to d... moreWhat you see as good maybe stup*d for others.
What you see as bad maybe the best for others so stop acting as if all the people think the same as you do.