I have my Galaxy S5 Neo for 2 weeks, here is my review:
- perfect format, good mobile connection and WiFi (5G), fast octa-processor;
- great super AMOLED display with rich colors and special coating - no fingerprints on it;
- micro-SIM, micro-SD card (up to 128GB);
- removable, really long lasting battery in Power saving mode, fast charging;
- good rear/front cameras;
- sensitive GPS/GLONASS navigation (20-21 satellites, accuracy 4m), works good with Google Maps, Nokia Here maps, MapFactor Navigator, My Tracks apps;
- good quality FM radio;
- water resistent, pedometer and heartbeat sensor;
- perfect video player in Full HD, perfect Kindle pdf reader, e-books reader, great for all office and e-mail apps, Flipboard, etc;
- business class Knox security with worldwide security certifications - that means properly designed OS, hw and sw security.
- Mono speaker.
Richard, 15 Feb 2016Where is radio app?The Radio app is pre-installed - use Apps tab to find it.
Great quality (needs earphones or headset like antenna).
You may scan the FM ranges, edit the names, remember your favorite FM radios from the list and choose them from menu.
Anonymous, 02 Feb 2016I am reading all these posts about blurry photos.I would say this.The camera of S5 Neo is very... moreThe camera of Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo is good, not perfect.
For better results use always Pro Mode. Here you may change:
1. Metering (Matrix is normally better than the default Center weighted, however sometimes you may need Spot Metering too);
2. You can not change the shutter speed however you may change ISO, which gives the same result. The default shutter speed is around 1/100 and less, only in low light sometimes it may use 1/50 which is fine to me;
3. You may use custom White Balance if necessary.
From the Settings you may activate Voice Control and take picture just by saying "Smile", "Cheese", "Capture" or "Shoot" - works really well and reduces the camera shaking.
From the Settings you may remove Location Tag and choose the Picture size (12M 16:9 or 16M 4:3) too.
Don't use too much digital zoom - the result is reduced quality.
You may use spot focusing - just touch the area on the picture where you want the camera to be focused. It works well.
Leeriff, 24 Feb 2016Would of been best to see if phone had certain features on it before complaining about it. It would also HAVE been best if you learned to how to write and spell...
Leeriff, 24 Feb 2016Would of been best to see if phone had certain features on it before complaining about it. It would also HAVE been best if you learned how to write and spell...
Shanrie, 24 Feb 2016I've bought this smartphone last Dec 23, 2015. For 2 months use, here are my pros and cons. ... moreWould of been best to see if phone had certain features on it before complaining about it.
I've bought this smartphone last Dec 23, 2015. For 2 months use, here are my pros and cons.
- Good Super AMOLED display which make colors vibrant.
- Nice front camera, 5MP from 2MP on S5.
- Still has a pedometer and heartbeat sensor
- Experiencing lags, because of slower processor speed only 1.6 GHz even though its already an octa and without games installed.
- Rear camera: Very sensitive to shakes even the minute ones.
- No white color for this phone in Canada, only black available.
- No IR transmitter/receiver.
- No fingerprint sensor, although I don't need that feature.
For overall performance I give 3.5 stars because of the slower processor speed and lags and rear camera shakiness.
I've had the s5 neo for about a month now. I'm waiting for my Otterbox to come in. But this phone had such a weak design. The camera cracked in the cold and then continued to cave in. My power button is already getting worn and sticky. For a month old phone it shouldn't have so much lag for what it's supposed to be. What do I do? Who do I call? Would they fix or switch it for free? And would these be considered as a manufacturing problem? Or would I have to pay all the fees?
sugarpie, 15 Feb 2016I have had my Samsung galaxy s5 Neo for 2 weeks now.... I have been sending messages for the 2... moreMy S5 does this sometimes when I'm connected to WiFi. I turn WiFi off and resend, it goes through perfectly. I have also noticed that although it says failed it has still delivered the message.
I have had my Samsung galaxy s5 Neo for 2 weeks now.... I have been sending messages for the 2 weeks successfully. Today I am receiving the messages but I cannot send out any messages. It says Failed ..... Anyone have any ideas why this would happen ??????
Anonymous, 02 Feb 2016I am reading all these posts about blurry photos.I would say this.The camera of S5 Neo is very... moreAbout the "Scenes", you can download more Scenes modes on the Galaxy apps. It has sports shot, beauty face, animated GIF, sound & shoot and rear cam selfie.
I have just purchased the s5 neo and found the sound is so quiet on video messaging i had to keep repeating myself and had trouble hearing other person. Anyone else got this prblem. The call quality is good tho.
Bought this phone 5 days ago and everything works fine .. sound as many here have suggested that's a weak point no its not .. though i still cant get used to the camera .. the photos i took of myself are the worst i fucking hate em front and back .. i dont really know whats the problem, is it me still not getting used to it or the camera is really bad. Weird thing they come out like they are being proceed with some cartooned effect. Otherwise other pictures are extremely good. Is there anything i can do about it ? Also is Samsung Galaxy S5 case works on NEO? Thanks
I am reading all these posts about blurry photos.I would say this.The camera of S5 Neo is very good,not excellent but very good.But...whoever designed the camera drivers made a huge mistake.I guess he had no idea of photography.On one hand they have almost no "Scenes".On the other hand,the HUGE mistake is that during low light conditions,the set the minimum exposure time to 1/17th of a second.This is impossible to hold your hand still.The best a normal user can hold still is,I believe 1/40th of a second.The same happens when using the flash.The camera behaves the same.This is A REAL FAILURE of Samsung.I have this problem and I guess all of you have it...but you still haven't realize it.I call all of you to send an email to your local Samsung branch about it in order to fix it with a minor update.Or else forget nice and stable pictures.If they wont release an update soon (or after upgrading to Andriod 6) I am going to sell it.