Kishor, 22 May 2017No matter how you support Samsung it cannot even perform like one plus3t. I was a big fan of S... moreOP3T is a great phone, no doubt on that. But here are the things that differs it with S8:
1. 3T is a bit larger. The 3T has bigger footprint even though it has smaller screen size (5.5" vs 5.8"). For some people it doesn't matter (I know I don't mind a few mm shorter screen). But where S8 shines is that it has slimmer screen, which is a joy to hold. I've used phones like SGN4, which was a phablet and one of the thickest phones around. Using S8 feels great in the hand day to day basis. S8 fans, don't talk about the PPI, please. It really doesn't matter in real life. 90% of the people never even will use the full WQHD+ resolution in S8 than the FHD+.
2. S8 has IP68 rating whereas 3T has none. Maybe it is not important for many, but as I ride my bike regularly, I have the fear of rain pouring on my phone. The water resistance protects my device from going brick.
3. 3T has bigger base memory (64GB/128GB), whereas S8 has only 64GB. But it can be topped up with upto 256GB (theoretically 2TB, but it's not available yet) MicroSD Card. I have put a 200GB inside and still am quite happy with the performance. It didn't slow down, doesn't restart. Those who doesn't need extra memory, 3T is a better option for them.
4. Both the front camera and the rear camera is better than S8, theoretically, that is. Just the Mega Pixel isn't everything. Mega Pixel is the sensor size, how much pixels the sensor has to capture the picture. But the lens and picture processing is also important to get a great picture. The pictures of 3T is very much post-able in social media, where most of the people sees it in a phone's screen anyway. But comparing S8's & 3T's pictures side by side will show you the difference. S8 competes (DXOMarks Score 88) with PixelXL (DXOMarks Score 89) & HTC U11 (DXOMarks Score 90), whereas, 3T is nowhere to be seen in the list down to Score 80. Then again, who uses mobile pictures in a bigger screen now-a-days anyway? For actual photographers there are DSLRs.
5. The BT 5.0 is nothing to frown for if you don't have it. Yes, having it on board is fun. For example, I let my kid play game in the phone while the game sound comes through the device's speaker and I listen to the music through a BT speaker in the other room simultaneously. but living without it is very much possible.
6. The USB port could have been 3.1 or 3.2 in 3T, then it would have been faster in data transfer than the available 2.0 in 3T.
7. Even after the battery being larger than S8, 3T can deliver the same to S8, not higher (refer to the battery test of GSMA and other reviewers). It means, though the battery is larger in 3T (3400mAh vs 3000mAh), the battery management is not good enough to deliver a better result. Same goes for the RAM management.
Definitely OP3T is a great option to have a look at if you want to buy a phone in the near future. It is cheap, actually half the price of S8, it is good looking. But I have seen manufacturers like MicroMax, like Lava, like Vivo. They were in the market, but where are they now? I don't find their products in the shelves. This is the problem with the Chinese manufacturers. Those cheap models are good, they deliver you a lot more for the value of your money, but don't even serve you much after the sales. On the other hand, look at bigger manufacturers like Apple, Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola etc. Maybe they delay to update, but have a look around and you will find a 3 year old Note 4 is getting updates, iPhone5 getting updates, Sony Xperia ZL (4 years old) getting updates.
It is not just the device we buy with the price, it is the service that we buy along with the device. Because (I don't know about others, but I can talk for myself) I use a phone for 3-4 years. If it can't serve me for that long, it's worthless to me.
Take care. Ciao...
AnonD-393112, 22 May 2017I have the phone for a month now and I know the battery, and you just are reading some rumors.... moreWell my s8 last 5hr on heavy usage is an very heavy and its only 3 weeks now. So can we exchange
Anonymous, 22 May 2017But somehow s8 has a better lasting battery than iphone look at the videos on drain battery on... moreactually I already reply to what name ? suhano? but due to his post is deleted by gsmarena so my reply is also deleted..... actually I mention battery compare is between 6s plus / 7plus with 2750 mah and 2900 mah battery and of course not talking about 6s with 1800mah battery... with only dual core (1080 screen but its 1080 screen is more beautiful than other 1080 may be because of retina display or wider color gamut??) but with smooth os and smooth gaming the battery is of course the winner ( cos fruit logo is focusing all energy on os and apps..) ...buy one to try and u will be surprise with its battery..... if still want to buy s8 please buy the plus version with larger battery 3600mah..... with cool feature like iris scanning and facial recognition....s8 plus also looks more cooll than s8 ... reason not sure... when I take the s8 in store in seems very small to me...
It will compete with the one plus 5 the newer version of one plus 3T. Both are good sets but samsung galaxy s8 definitely has a edge.
Eddie Enzenzo Jr., 22 May 2017This phone is the best phone so far No matter how you support Samsung it cannot even perform like one plus3t. I was a big fan of Samsung and have tried almost all brands but I cannot recommend anyone for any kind of Samsung brands. Useless brand ever available in market
ccychin, 22 May 2017haha stop bull shitting me no need to move my ass.... i am pretty sure the battery life is not... moreTo CCYCHIN:
I know someone with a Note 5 with serious battery problems. Even regular (not VOIP) telephone calls runs down the battery drastically...which surprised me because GSM calls barely uses any power especially if the signal reception is excellent. I didn't know Note 5 was plagued with battery issues until I read your comment.
I am very content with my S5 and see no need to upgrade. After 2 years 7 months, using the original battery that came with the phone, I am still able to get 5 hours on screen time. Browsing on Wi-Fi depletes a percent from my battery every five 5-7 minutes depending on what I'm doing. If the default browser is the only app open and I'm browsing Facebook I can get up to 10 minutes (possibly even 12) using Wi-Fi before the battery loses a percent. I don't know if I'm one of the lucky persons or the S5 battery is simply exceptional to still deliver good performance after nearly 3 years.
Charging is pretty much the same as it was from day one which indicates the battery is healthy. It takes 1hr. 55mins. to charge it from 0-100%, 1hr 15min. to charge it from 50-100% and a fully depleted battery reaches 85% of charge after 1 hour (it use to be 71% with Lollipop then jumped to 85% after upgrading the OS to Marshmallow).
Another thing to note is that my S5 doesn't get hot when charging. A tad bit warm but nowhere near hot like what I hear about other S5 and other Samsung models. For the record I have the G900H which is the Exynos version so maybe that makes a difference where heat is concerned. Does the S8 Exynos or Snapdragon version gets hot while charging?
Can somebody please try those three charging methods with their S8 and tell me the difference in charging times compared to the S5. How long does it take to charge the S8 from 0-100%, 50-100% and how much charge does a fully depleted S8 battery reaches after 1 hour of charging. I do like the S8 and may end up getting it one of these fine days.
Gixxer, 22 May 2017Wow 5 days. Is it powered by 5000mah battery It can even last longer than a month if you don't even use them, LOL!! What a Lie!!
ccychin, 22 May 2017hahaaha..... stop protecting ur phone brand..... what u do iii read is just normal for every ... moreBut somehow s8 has a better lasting battery than iphone look at the videos on drain battery on youtube and also iphone charges for 3 hours compared to 1.5 hours on s8. So no iphone is outdated and overpriced and everything you say is a lie.
Stunning look, amazing display, large screen, comfortable to use in one hand, clear and loud in call volume, fast performane. An amazing phone made by Samsung. Very happy.
ccychin, 22 May 2017haha stop bull shitting me no need to move my ass.... i am pretty sure the battery life is not... moreI have the phone for a month now and I know the battery, and you just are reading some rumors. good luck with them. the phone lasted 5 days with one charge last week with me.
[deleted post]Agree with everything said here.
The irony is I just got a space gray 32gb iPhone SE for $200 at Best Buy. It actually works better for me than my Note 3 and S7 edge. It still is nowhere near my favs compared to my LG phones and Pixel. Other than the small screen which causes more mistakes at typing, it is quite nice to hold and use. Solid 4th stringer among my 11.
Sent from my iPhone
[deleted post]hahaaha..... stop protecting ur phone brand..... what u do iii read is just normal for every user...... for your thing I bet iphone 6 /6s with dual core and 1080 screen can last 2 day or more with single charge...
Please buy an iphone to use...please !!! before u comment bro. u have no knowledge but u try to comment ... u will very surprise how long is iphone 6 /6s battery life.... with battery saving os....
galaxy note 5??? please open ur chrome browser ......please search ........ galaxy note 5 battery drain issue..... please please search more..... many user return or change to other brand because of battery drain... Samsung only use many many core 100 core just as selling point but battery??? come to iphone with dual core but with smooth operation smooth gaming because fruit logo focusing on software n user exp....
yes I agree fast charging buttttt.... fast charging even kill ur battery faster....lolllll...... do know notice fast charging phone/battery very hot???.... why some manufacturer such as sony using only 0.75 A charger.... because they wan charge slowly?? because they wan protect battery life....some even recommend note 5 using to turn off fast charging to protect battery life..
Samsung didn't post my review I bought s8 on 6may 2017 but I have a problem with battery its didn't last even a day on normal use. I went to authorize Samsung dealer but they didn't even want to hear the problem nor replace it. What to do ?
AnonD-393112, 19 May 2017Looks like you don't know anything about the CPUs and how they affects the battery life.haha stop bull shitting me no need to move my ass.... i am pretty sure the battery life is notoriously bad as galaxy note 5 with 3000mah and 5.7 QHD screen.... (well known prob).... also read comment that some charge it twice a day with heavy usage.... sad... the phone battery is destroying in a year ..... lolllll
I had an issue with sound turning off itself randomly, week after i bought it. Domestic retail customer support in Croatia "Agram servis", official Samsung retailer, didnt replace the device like others do when it is an error in whole series of devices. Instead, i waited repairs for more then a week. This is the last time i bought Samsung flagship.
Anonymous, 21 May 2017S8's wireless charging based on Qualcomm quick charge 2.0 Consequently, it is reportedly slow... moreBut they don't have wireless charging, only Samsung is serious about this future technology