john, 07 Mar 2017maybe I'm not seeng this right, but the screen size is a 5.8 inch on a 5.52 full body... magic?Screen is measured diagonally....with small bezels you can get more than the phone size.
I was thinking about upgrading from my S4 this time, maybe not, will see what the S10 offers. At the moment I am far more interested in the P10 or G6, here are my reasons:
1. The screen / phone is too tall, far far beyond 1 hand use possibilities
2. The easy shatter glass on the front and back is still there (take a look on ebay for s6 & s7 models and see how many of them have cracked / scratched and broken screens on front & back, it's quite concerning)
3. The screen size to body ratio is no revolution, they could & can cut plastic bodies to far more accuracy than this +10 years ago (drip feed the public for maximum profit, same with the curved screen oled tech, it's over 15 years old now, could have shown up on the S4).
4. Moved away from 16:9 screen size ratio, this is a really bad idea. If you watch movies or youtube a lot then your going to have some black bars appear on the sides and if they stretch (distort) the video to compensate for the new aspect ratio, that will put additional load on the cpu/gpu and will take it out of the battery.
5. Still no front facing speakers on bottom bar, plenty of room there for it
6. The phone does look good, however it's just a bigger stretched out version of the S6 edge and s7 edge, nothing new here.
7. Software, bixby? Please... New model, now packed with even more bloatware from samsung (if I do get my hands on one I will be rooting it and flashing it with an Android Ice Cold Project ROM or Stock Android ASAP).
8. Putting this thing in a case makes it look just as bad as all the rest, want a preview see s6 and s7 edge devices in cases.
9. I was not impressed with the level of detail in the S7 camera (lots of noise in comparison I found), P10 and G6 cameras look really good (NOTE: G6 is not 16:9 either! /cry). Hopefully they they will fix this in the S8. However the pixels camera is really good.
10. Finger print scanner location. Right at the top next to the camera lens. Great idea, NOT! G6 monkey face rear is about as good as it gets for this location for the finger print scanner. Putting it right at the top next to the camera lens is bad for the following reasons. 1. Can you reach it easily and unlock easily with 1 hand hold phone without turning it round? 2. How often are you going to put your finger in the camera lens dirtying that up? Quite comical (or sad?) that they don't think of these things.
So far looks like its features do not exceed S7 and the dimensions are larger.
No fm radio recording. No removable battery. No dual SIM. Go away. I'll look somewhere else.
These dimensions can't be true, just compare the width and height of S8 and S7 edge. They are as wide (72.x mm), yet S8 looks much taller even though it's said to be almost 1.1cm shorter. Actually it's gonna be much taller. These phones are huge, and this is supposed to be the smaller one.
Mirkran, 07 Mar 2017I think the new Exynos (and I'm sure there will be an Exynos variant) does support 4K@60fps an... moreThe problem is,even the exynos support 4k/60fps, the battery wouldn't be enough and it may explode!!!
Cant be happy, dude: Sansumg is no longer what it was (good value for money) ... it has gone to the dark side. Best to buy six Chinese ruggeds from agm with that price O.O
XxMoNsTeR, 07 Mar 2017iPhone 8 will also probably have a almost-borderless phone and you have no proof that battery... moreUHD is 4k and it is only Sony Xperia Z5 premium that has 4k screen and only Sony Xperia XZ premium that has 4k HDR screen
Good bezeless screen but not top notch specs. I would rather choose Sony Xperia XZ premium same chip processor snapdragon 835 and the only smartphone with 4k HDR with 960 FPS video camera
john, 07 Mar 2017maybe I'm not seeng this right, but the screen size is a 5.8 inch on a 5.52 full body... magic?The specs sheet subject to changes. Its not 100% accurate for now.
sboj evets, 07 Mar 20173000mAh for a 5.8. are you kidding me?The 3000mAh with the Snapdragon 835 (10nm) is like ~4500mAh with the Snapdragon 820, That is if the 3000mAh is true after all.
The QUAD HD PLUS on both the S8 and SPlus are 3200 by 1800 not the normal 2k which is 2560 by 1440p resolution. That is 694ppi for the smaller S8, and 649ppi for the biger S8Plus. Nothing on the android platform tops these handsets till the Note8 and NoteFold in September. You can kiss LGG6 goodbye it's DEAD ON ARRIVAL.
RED, 02 Mar 2017At Qualcomm web, the Snapdragon 835 doesn't support 2160@60fps video!!!!!I think the new Exynos (and I'm sure there will be an Exynos variant) does support 4K@60fps and the staff at GSMA mixed things a bit.
maybe I'm not seeng this right, but the screen size is a 5.8 inch on a 5.52 full body... magic?
XxMoNsTeR, 07 Mar 2017iPhone 8 will also probably have a almost-borderless phone and you have no proof that battery... more*UHD is 1440p* really!? I never knew before your comment!
2K (QHD): 2.560 x 1.440 pixels
4K (UHD): 3840 x 2160 pixels
Anonymous, 05 Mar 2017Ugliest phone of 2017, not UHD screen for it's size, possibility of explosion, battery is crap.... iPhone 8 will also probably have a almost-borderless phone and you have no proof that battery sucks. They even mentioned that they are testing the battery much more than they did before the Note 7 explosions. And it is Ultra HD, UHD is 1440p. And not only that but the screen size is bigger because of the almost-borderless phone, the phone size isn't a lot bigger.