its a great phone but battery is not good ; i sold my lg v 10 because of poor battery time so samsung should think about it
Anonymous, 05 Apr 2017S8 and s8+ are tall and gangling Missplaced fingerprint makes awkwardly use for daily use ... moreTall and gangly??The Iphone 7 plus is taller than the s8,stop commenting blindly without COMPARING DIMENSIONS.Typical iphone user thinking that their OVERPRICED Chinese built phone is superior.Laughable.
AnonD-660445, 09 Apr 2017I've got the SG6e SG7 SG7e Google Pixel XL 128GB and I've ordered the SG8. Oh and I'm still us... moreWhy do you upgrade every year?! The Galaxy S8 will be my first upgrade since the Galaxy S2 that I still have !
Savor , 08 Apr 2017Just watched a camera comparison between iPhone 7+ vs the S8 on AppleEverythingPro and the S8 ... moreYou are the only one you say that. We have eyes and we also see youtbe video that prove that even S7 camera is better than iPhones. S8 is also more improved than S7. So you trying to prove the opposite make you feel like an iPhone user.
AnonD-39079, 09 Apr 2017I seldom comment here on the User Opinions, because I don't like to confront with people. Rega... moreI've got the SG6e SG7 SG7e Google Pixel XL 128GB and I've ordered the SG8. Oh and I'm still using my SG Note 7
AnonD-39079, 09 Apr 2017I seldom comment here on the User Opinions, because I don't like to confront with people. Rega... moreI've got the SG6e SG7 SG7e Google Pixel XL 128GB and I've already ordered the SG8. OH and using my SG Note 7!!!
I use a s6 edge . I wanted to get an uptade but the s7 edge is to big , S8 is to big . The S7 was good , but i really prefer the edge design , so when a decent size s-series with high end specs? Or a compact version with high end specs ?
What a disappointment Samsung.....
I watched the SPEED TEST of iphone 7plus vs.galaxy s8 at "EverythingApplePro youtube video"...
6-month old iPhone obliterated brand new coming S8 with even'sd 835' SOC
Same boring specs and slow down speed are very unpleasant and S8 single camera are far away to beat iphone dual_cameras
wally, 09 Apr 2017why no radio ??!!!Because Snapdragon 835 is a flagship and all SoC flagships hate FM Radio! That's all
I seldom comment here on the User Opinions, because I don't like to confront with people. Regarding the SGS8, one must understand the following things while comparing it with SGS7e:
1. The new processor is an upgrade from the last flagship (SGS7e or SGS7), which is now more powerful (a little, if not highly powerful) and faster (yet again, a little)
2. The battery of SGS8 is 3000mAh, may not seem much on the paper, but reviewers all around the world in the web and in YouTube have confirmed that the battery is enough to work your way throughout the day using your phone moderately. For heavy users, it will last till dinner time. The reason for this is the SGN7 and now Samsung wants to play safe. If this year anything happens to SGS8 or SGS8+, then they will be in deep trouble. The battery is good, but not one among the best. That is why Sammy didn't even say anything about the battery life of the new flagships.
3. RAM is good in my book. If a phone's OS knows how to "manage" RAM, then it doesn't need more RAM like 6GB or so. For example, look at iPhone's 3GB RAM. It's "NOT ADEQUATE" in someone's book, but is quite good in service. It's all about RAM management. Yet, Sammy is offering a 6GB version of the SGS8+, those who are complaining about the 4GB RAM being too low, can buy them instead. But as I know, those companies who are boasting about 6GB RAM in their phones can't provide a code for better RAM management.
4. ROM is another thing everyone is complaining about. Well, in this case, the bigger is the better. A certain portion of the ROM memory will be occupied by the phone as usual, the user gets the rest. When a phone upgrades, the main OS embedded never gets erased, but the link is just re-positioned from the previous OS. So it is possible to downgrade your phone after the upgrade using "flash", until and unless you delete/erase it deliberately.
5. People are saying that the camera is the same as SGS7/SGS7e. Well, in paper it is SIMILAR, not the same. They have used similar lens with same focus ability, but better sensor underneath. But bear it in mind, that the camera upgrade is NOT much from last year's flagships. Now the camera of SGS8/SGS8+ can take better low-light picture because it takes more than one photos in a mere second and combine them to reduce noise in the final display. The front facing camera though, got an upgrade. The 8MP camera looks good in paper. But the main feature that I like over the previous phones is that it now has auto focus and facial recognition, a much wanted feature.
6. The screen looks gorgeous, absolutely stunning, to be honest. BUT, I personally am NOT a fan of 18:9 ratio. Though it is what made the screen look better, I liked 16:9 ratio better. None-the-less, this is one of the best screen available for cell-phones available today.
7. The security is very strong on SGS8/SGS8+. You have fingerprint scanner (don't let me start on this). Sammy wanted to put an under-the-screen scanner, which was unavailable before the product launch. So they crammed the fingerprint scanner wherever they could - at the back, in a very awkward place. This is very hard to reach for both hands and a tall phone should have this even lower. But I'm glad that there is Iris-scanner present. Like the SGN7, the Iris-scanner is fast and accurate. But I wouldn't depend so much on the facial recognition, as it can be fooled by a picture of yours.
8. I don't want to talk about the Bixby. Let it roll first, if I use it, I'll know how much it worth. But for now, I prefer Google assistant over it.
9. Funny enough, now a days people don't argue much on the main thing that a phone is supposed to do, make and receive a call. Don't you think that should be our main concern on a phone? As far as my concern, the phones have great reception. The clarity is great over the network.
Last, but not least, would you buy a SGS8/SGS8+ if you already have SGS7/SGS7e? Yes and no. If you have SGS7, then you should try out the edge screen and it's features. It's different. If you have SGS7e, then you might give it a thought. Is the Iris-scanner attracting you too much? Does the 18.5:9 ratio feels worth to you? There's nothing much on SGS8/SGS8+ other than the bigger screen, Iris-scanner, bezel-less display. The awkward fingerprint scanner is a no-go to me.
If you don't have the last year's flagship (any make), do you need to upgrade? Definitely yes, if you have the cash. A lot has changed in the last two years. So if you have the cash in your wallet, go out and check the recent flagship and buy one of this year.
If you're an iPhone user, do you need to upgrade to SGS8/SGS8+? Definitely no. You are into Apple environment because you like it. iPhone users should wait for the iPhone8 or iPhoneX, whichever they name it. As far as the rumor going, this is supposed to be awesome.
So, this is what I wanted to say. Sorry for the long post. Hit thumbs up if you like what I said. I would love to get constructive criticism. Ciao...
RK Reddy, 08 Apr 20173000 mah battery for 5.8 inch screen toooo bad Have you seen S6 Edge+ or Galaxy Note5? Same battery with 5.7" display. Great battery life.
Checked s8 today in shop.
Looks fine,big screen,nice colors think i will get it.. but lol screen was cracked .Not rlly good advertisement for new phone,which is pretty much expensive.
- Disappointing camera losing to the iPhone 7 Plus which lost to the S7 edge last year.
- Same amount of RAM
- Same resolution
- Same annoying curved display that adds more hindrance to typing thanks to its palm rejection than big phones.
- Same laggy skin that eventually hiccups
- Smaller battery capacity
The S7 edge is the most beautiful phone to "look at." One of the most annoying phones I have ever used. It looks like S8 will continue that trend.
Of the nine phones I currently own, only two phones don't annoy me that much. The G5 and Pixel. The rest of the seven always have a flaw like my Note 3 being too wide and tall, my LG G3 S dual having a laggy skin, Lumia 640 for having WP, Mi 3 for its sealed degraded battery and little internal storage with no microSD slot, being too old like the M7, and the S7 edge being annoying to type on with its curved display and laggy skin.
I try to search for perfection in both overall software/hardware performance, usability, ergonomics, features, and value. Not perfection in aesthetics. My next phone won't be a Samsung whether S8 or Note8. It will be a V30 or Nokia 8. S7 edge will be my last Samsung and with an awkward to type on curved display. Don't get duped by the S8's design. It will eventually annoy you in the long run.
#savor.,... Its not about what u are seeing on ur phone..... The real camera comparison is made by watching the images and videos captured by both the rival devices on the same display (i.e. Displays having same specs.) ane then they decide which is better in terms of colour reproduction and low light conditions etc eta.,.. My personal choice is the s8... It looks damn SEXY and its fast enough to beat the ipone 7+