Cc, 27 Jun 2018S9 camera is great but 4gb ram? Are u kidding me Samsung? This is 900 dollor phone. Why 4gb... moreYes you are right ,I have always keept Samsung away from me for a long while cos was so crappy for my usage. But now I got the S9 and I have to say that is awesome. Don't care about the non super battery life,and don't care about 4gb ram. The phone in it self is fantastic over all the phones out there which I owned most of them. So quick,battery it's fine for my so heavy usage,it's finally small enough so I can try different nice cases on it without make it too bulky and you can find so many things for it.the speakers and sound from earphones have so much quality.ip68,super camera and the screen is defined over the top....yes I like it much. Consider that this is my roughly 120th android phone..
I had the Galaxy S8 and the I-Phone 8 Plus and this phone is excellent for the most part. The battery life is good given I keep the display set on QHD. Why keep it on HD or FHD if the screen resolution is QHD? I find that a charge does last me the day with adjustments to increase battery life. I am averaging about 30% usage daily. The display is very sharp and robust. I like the wider aspect ratio as well.
The phone is very snappy and I have yet to experience any lag. The audio in the earpiece is good, the speakerphone quality is good, but could be louder. The UI is easy to navigate and has many options. The keyboard is excellent. I figured out how to resize it. Now if I can only figure out how to select & copy specific text in an SMS/MMS message.
I am very impressed with the Dolby Atmos on my Multimedia. With the supplied AKG Earphones, sound is really good, surround is very effective. Phone works well after the 6/26/2018 Security updates. Fingerprint sensor works great unlike the S8. I recommend this phone.
Anonymous, 28 Jun 2018bored from the same kinda phone year after year..tatsy....should i take this step to move?Your money your choice. s9 is very good and you should notice a difference.
I would like to see a phone like the S9 with a 4.7 screen and a 3500mah battery or above and 6gb ram it would be a great hitter.
bored from the same kinda phone year after year..tatsy....should i take this step to move?
neeraj, 27 Jun 2018is samsung s9 a good phone? i m goin to shift from iphone 7!!!!Yes it is but why are you moving from iphone?
ANON, 27 Jun 2018is this phone waterproof??? I have just dropped mine in the loo!Can't you tell by switching it on and seeing if it still works?
neeraj, 27 Jun 2018is samsung s9 a good phone? i m goin to shift from iphone 7!!!!Give it a try..u will nvr go back to apple
Fieldmatic, 24 Jun 2018No its not believe me,i have an s9 all is goodBetter go for S9+ with higher ram if you play intense games! By default you get only 1.2 GB free ram in s9
ANON, 27 Jun 2018is this phone waterproof??? I have just dropped mine in the loo!It is IP 68 rated water proof! Cool !
S9 camera is great but 4gb ram?
Are u kidding me Samsung?
This is 900 dollor phone.
Why 4gb ram.... Dont be stingy Samsung
I like to see Samsung with smaller phone full screen version like S9 mini.
CableGuy, 23 Jun 2018I have no problem to confirm that after some more days using S9 its massive dissapointment. Ba... moreHere's ur objective review.
1) Battery life -customise battery saving mode for optimum results..also clear ram..'stop background activity' for apps n try killing running/open apps wen done with n putting phone to idle.
2) display- its the best..Google it. just in case checkout the 'decrese brightness' in power saving mode. It's down by 10%
3) Getting camera on and make image is slow dual(compared to my experience with HTC)- its got dual pixel PDAF n too snappy both open n click. Google it n get out of the
4) Know issue is Bixby and its button. You cant use it for anything else and this is annoying- if the world can bear with notch displays.. u can just disable n live with it.
5) Grabbing phone from flat surface is not so easy so needs time to get used to- Reading ur comment amidst these reviews is a bummer too..but we r getting used to it
6) Power button is bit too high so its rather uncomfortable to switch off screen- wen I don't wanna like the coffee..It's only a matter of either more or less sugar I could whine about
7) If I open dialer then there is big useless blank space what should be used for recent calls for example-Samsung is so stupid they merged dialer n call history in one..blank space for displaying dialling no..all you need to do is tap hide button to show call history.
8) To call i have to select number and then press again ÂÂ„callÂÂ“- swipe to call/text..put phone to ear for auto dial wen ur contact is selected.
11) CanÂÂ’t swipe to switch between recent calls, contacts etc. Buttons to select these are placed as far top to make it difficult to reach with thumb- get bigger hands or maybe include feasibility/convenience scope before buying any product
Didnt feel to ans few of the queries for they r too stupid for a smartphone owner to ask. Evrytings there in settings. Browse through/Google em
Anonymous , 22 Jun 2018Lol..a troll..that too from HTC! You do realise your comment is capable of lowering the IQ of... moreI have no problem to confirm that after some more days using S9 its massive dissapointment. Battery is nowhere near to what you can read from review. I litterally have to charge it 2 times per day and im just doing emails and few hours of calls. Worse news is that i have battery save mode on 24/7. Wondering if i get 5 hours out of it in normal mode and max resolution.
Curved screen edges are not responsive and you really cant press on links or × to close ads for example.
I feel i am not getting objective info from reviews. Likely because the more free stuff companies throw to rewiewers the better it will be...