Towards the 8-12MP idiots, would you like a 100 inch TV that has blurry pictures or a 80 inch tv with crystal clear photos?
No-one need more than 5 MP camera! Shut up with your 8MP or 12MP wishes, please.
Until Samsung gets it in their heads that design is important I ain't going to be buying their phones... really, how boring can you be with the packaging
The lens on the camera is important, not the megapixels... 5 mp is more than enough. and how many idiots REALLY listen to the radio on their cell...
Looks same as iphone...why samsung doesnt come up with new designs...always copying things
There dosnt even look like there will be a physical difference. At least Apple changes things up when bring out an updated model, even with minor software changes
Read "Disclaimer. We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct"
Its still pretty early in the game to know the specs 100% correctly.
Im going to guess the atleast 5% of this stuff is incorrect. I would start looking for the specs MAYBE early Febuary but probably mid-Feb.
right with all the specification, 5MP cam seems to be old , no radio and no flash doesn't interest me to this phone
again 5 mp!!!! what happened with 8 and 12 megapixels cameras that samsung had since 2 years ago. why they go back to 5 mp, a resolution from 4 years ago?
bumrock, 24 Jan 2011Right dude... what the sense of 5MP without a flash/LED... Ang also a Radio for an expensive p... morei love the wave series but they don't have swype texting or any apps you can buy.
no seriously and a 5megapixel camera for a top of the range phone like this is sooo yesterday. The 3G is the most attracting thing about this phone. Dissapointed in Samsung because the Blackberry Torch and many other branded phone use the same camera.
just 1 gig of internal memory, iactually had thoughts of buying this, i have the original vibrant and its got 16gig internal which is one reason i got it, and now the Vibrant
PLUS only has 1 gig? how disappointing, these market apps have really grown in size and in that respect the internal should AT LEAST be 4gigs if not more, i should also say now that theres more uses on this cam but less room to put internal memorized items makes it a hard sell, Samsung should have really reconsidered this, also, if it has inception on it, the movie, wont that eat up a lot of the 1 gig?
Guys, calm down, there's no way those are the specs of the upcoming 4G... I'm sure they'll add the flash and improve the processor speed, Mb of RAM and maybe even display resolution, as well as it'll run Gingerbread...
Most of the data is just copy pasted from the original Galaxy
TO ANONYMOUS who wrote this:
Everything is superb in this phone, but I don't know why all the companies deliberately keep one thing or the other lacking.
I would seriously appreciate the following additions in such a nice handset:
1) We have now 1.5 Ghz QUAD core Snapdragon - Cortex A processors coming up now, so why stay outdated. Give us that processor.
2) 32 or 64Gb in-built memory should become a norm in such superb hi-end smart phones.
3) Externally accessible Hot-Swappable MicroSDHC card slot should also be a standard feature.
4) With such powerful processors & dedicated graphics chip FULL-HD 1080p video recording and playback should be the most viable option to be included.
5) Why cant you give atleast a good Autofocus 8 mpx primary and 2 mpx secondary camera with atleast a Dual-LED flash.
6) Needless to say a dedicated camera shutter button at the side is also a must. The volume keys on the left hand side can also function to zoom in or zoom out.
7) Android is evolving very fast, Honeycomb can utilise multiple cores of the processor very well, so why stick to froyo?
8) Last and most important of all - please please please give a 3000 mAh Li-Po battery to keep the juice running. It will just increase the thickness a bit more, but the designers can manage to give it a curved shape at the edges and make it look slimmer.
Nokia has been giving handsets with the thickness of Brickbats since many years and it was number 1 at that time inspite of it.
Samsung folks - listen, observe, learn, innovate, evolve, deliver the goods ahead of others and crush the competetion.
Samsung Galaxy S, Wave, Galaxy Tab - all these are great examples of your ingenuity, expertise, your desire to excel and become the supreme leader of the mobile world. Why limit yourself? go ahead and do your best. Become UNBEATABLE
the camera does not even deserve calling it fine, it is far behind the market standard now...
the only thing in this phone better than the old galaxy S is the 3G connection, which not everybody cares about or even knows what it means...
i wouldn't buy it...
Right dude... what the sense of 5MP without a flash/LED... Ang also a Radio for an expensive phone gush... still worst samsung!!! Better to have a SAMSUNG WAVE II...tsk tsk
kaushik, 23 Jan 2011what is the point in having a 5 mp camera without flash....atleast an led or a dual led......?. I agree. Flash is pretty important! They haven't made much improvements from the regular Galaxy S