Have been using this mobile for the past one week. Gotta say I am disappointed by it for the 17K shelled out for it. Here is my verdict with both sims active throughout
1. UI - Pretty decent
2. RAM - Only around 200+ would be available for normal usage. So once u install and start using few apps its pretty full.
3. Battery is pretty bad for normal usage. Lasted for 12 hours with GRPS on(60-70% of time) with apps like map and watsapp and power saving mode switched on.
4. Even without power saving mode it lasted for same 12 hrs time with around half the time GPRS on! So i felt Power saving mode is pretty useless as it slows down the entire phone!
5. GPRS connection is pretty slow anyways and hence while using maps/navigation the phone might become really slow if on power saving mode. So if you go for 3G the battery is bound to be sucked out faster(SAD!). Dono if its an issue with my network provider (Tata Docomo in bangalore) but GPRS connection gets cut every now and then and the phone rarely connects back automatically - have to switch off the sim and on it again to connect it!
6. Phone functions take ages to load but apps and other stuff works pretty smooth. But overall will test your patience if you are a person using phone functions regularly more than apps.
7. Have to install battery power saver apps to keep it going for decent time but still daily charging looks like the deal
8. FINAL ADVICE: Wait for Jelly Bean update and see if the phone functions(Keypad/call/sms) load faster and smoother, then go for the product. By then price should also come down. But with Dual sim active I am pretty dissatisfied with the battery and the time it takes to load the phone functions :( (Keeping fingers crossed for JB update)
I expect the next Samsung duos phone with below specs.
8 MP main camera
1.3 Minimum MP Front camera
OS ICS/Jelly bean
CPU Dual core with 1.5 Ghz is a must
RAM 1 GB or more
Display - 4 inch or more with Gorilla glass
Vedio - half HD or more
GPU Good one
Internal Memory 8GB or More with expandable memory slot
Battery 2000mAH or more
Good User touch screen
Good Internet browsing with flash inbuilt
Sound with Dolby digital
Good Navigation and Maps
Should support most of videos and sound formats.
Then this sell like hot cake.
this phone is so much cute. working is realy wll and processing speed aslo so good. i think this phone s dous is fantastic acroding to s2, s3
[deleted post]Gunbii ;; did u own sgs duos??
please tell rooting wud effect fone or not? And by rooting can v save apps 2 card?
Even Samsung India site not showing black color one in their website. How ebay sellers got black color phone of this model?.
I am using this phone since 26th-Sept.... It is very good phone. In next 4-7 days, I will be having another SIM (USIM) active; and will try dual sim features.
I am searching for flip-up carry-case or pouch for this phone. Let me know if any of the owner got it in India..... Let me know the store details / website for online purchase.
Guys, Does anyone know when this phone will arrive in the Philippines? or if it will arrive or not? and please post your prices in USD so we can convert.
Hi Friends,I bought this phone 3 days back overall I am satisfied.
Its quiet a gud smart phne,i really enjoy using it,its having the latest ics4.0 android version in it,screen resolution is also very pleasing which is 16million color display with a good cam of 5mp
sribalaji, 01 Oct 2012Hi All
I got this fone atlast on Saturday. After charging for 5 hours, did the complete tes... moreMr balaji.
can apps b installed to sd carf if phone memory wud b full??
does rooting make it possible?
sribalaji, 01 Oct 2012Hi All
I got this fone atlast on Saturday. After charging for 5 hours, did the complete tes... moreDid u rooted this phone?
if 1.7 gb memory gets full...would apps be installed to sd or not?
and if we root it then,,would apps b moved or installed to sd card?
I got this fone atlast on Saturday. After charging for 5 hours, did the complete test. Installed close to 15 apps via wifi downloading close to 200MB. Heard some music, watched youtube for 1 hour, calling for 30 mins, video call (skype) for sometine, browsing for 1hour, played games for 1 hour, general usage for 2 hours. The battery was good enough and lasted for 17 hours (including all above activities)
Overall verdics - Battery is pretty decent for the features and can last for more than a day for average users (listed above).
Design, speed, responsiveness, stability, features - 4/5.
Holds good in the hand and its pretty easy to use as well.
RAM is 728MB for sure. Temple RUN - works quite fine but very a few times there is lag.
Video - 720P is played without lag (youtube).
Camera - is good enough for a 5MP feature.
Video calling - is good enough for this feature (skype).
ICS - fits good without any lag and works smoothly
The only -ve I see as of now is the call volume is little low compared to other models.
Overall this is a good mobile to pick up considering the rate and featuers and easily one of the HIT.
Overall Rating - 4/5.