I am using this phone for quite a while. Previously i owned a sony Xperia mini.
The only concern i had with xpria is a small screen but other than that i was totally satisfied with xperia.
I got this in a offer for a very less rate and i am happy with it too..
Few things are to be discussed here.
1. The camera clariy is not as expected. When i press the capture button, it shows me one of the best shot for a second, then while saving the picture i can see that it is not the same. The images are not sharp/crisp.. its kinda little blurry. Also the picture brightness had reduced considerably. I owned K790i long back which had only 3.2MP camera but delivered best pictures ever. Might be i am expecting too much from a mobile camera. I am not sure about the camera clarity in international version of G2 but his one is not as expected.
2. The music player was good. But i did not get an headset in the package so i didn't know about the music quality until i plugged a headphone which i pruchased recently. The sound was loud and convincing until i turned on the 5.1 channel effect. It got horrible. The player is unable to playback. The song is struggling to play... it gave me a feel like the old cassette walkman struggling to play when the battery was low... I never expected this from G2.
Being a Dual core processor, 5.1 shouldn't be an issue but it disappointed me. Other than that i use a bluetooth headset in which the quality is good.
3. The video play back is good. The screen resolution is good. Black appears to be perfect black. In LCD/LED screen we need to see if black looks perfect black. And yes it does have a pure black.
4. The size is very sleek. First few weeks i felt it very much dificult to hold it since the surface is polished and sleek, it can easily slip from my hands. After buying a rubber case, i felt much releved.
5. Batter life considerably improved after updating to ICS.
6. The front camera is not a HD camera, so the skype and GTALK video calls are average quality. If the other person is using a laptop, the resolution is very low due to huge screen size.
7.The processor speed is awesome. I never felt any lag in any application.
8. The back panel looks very cheap. It is made of very thin plastic that you will get cheap feel but front screen gives you a rich look.
9. I felt a little bit difficult in typing compared to in XPERIA. Even though xperia had a small screen, i never missed a Key, but in S2 i missed many keys. I am not sure if the mobile touch is sensing differently. But got used to it later.
10. Overall it is worth a try. It has everything in it but needs a lot of perfections.
can anyone tell me the difference between this phone and the international S2,the GTi9100?
Anonymous, 29 Feb 2012any one please confirm that this phone has a FM Radio buit in . thanksNo FM radio
wordlife88, 03 Jul 2012whats the feedback for the ICS .... ??? The interface is good.. Dont know if anyone else experience this. The default music player plays with distortion at times. The app management is better. Battery wise, I haven't seen much of a change. Management of contacts is better. My GPS works better after I upgraded to ICS. Voice commands are better too.
Thats it from my usage.
Varis B., 16 Aug 2012hi guys... Can you help me to prefer galaxy s2 att or sony xperia s please?yah bro i am also confused between these two phones...
To tell the truth... This phone is the first phone that I really love to use until to day... I completely satisfy with my decision buying this. I've been waiting for this to come to ATT since the first day the international came out. Then when this phone was available for ATT I got it the first day. I dropped it a month later then I sold it for a International S2 i9100G... But later I bought another i777 cuz I don't like the home button in the international version.
hi guys... Can you help me to prefer galaxy s2 att or sony xperia s please?
hi my i777 only operates on gsm 1800 of airtel mumbai
there by resulting in low network
can any one help??
wordlife88, 03 Jul 2012whats the feedback for the ICS .... ??? nothing fascinating.. i liked the gingerbread better.. the new features it has is the face unlock, camera takes panoramic pictures, u can manage ur data usage. Battery drains faster(-).
AnonD-63154, 16 Jul 2012Did any 1 Updated it to Ice Cream Sandwich who is staying in India?
Did any1 updated this cel... moreYes i did and it works great.
AnonD-63154, 16 Jul 2012Did any 1 Updated it to Ice Cream Sandwich who is staying in India? Did any1 updated this cel... morei did but not officially you need to go to www.galaxys2root.com and there is a .tar file of ICS which is UCLE5..just use odin software to install the ICS no ur phone.if you are not aware how to do it just google it
Guys i need ur help!!! My Samsung galaxy S2AT&T1777 turn off automatically while i was transferring movies from my laptop to the Phone . There was light on the icons, so i unplug the cable from the phone, remove the battery. n i tried putting the phone on, it refused, till today as we speak what do i do. I just bought the phone in February... Please i need ur help tax. The phone was on flight mode while i was transferring the movies. n when it went off, the phone was verrrrrry Hot!!!!!
You can email ur reply to my email@example.com
Did any 1 Updated it to Ice Cream Sandwich who is staying in India?
Did any1 updated this cell phone (i777) from India??
rahul, 30 Jun 2012do you want s2 from usa..how many u want tell me ...even i want samsung galaxy unlocked s2 i777.So please can u also arrange one for me
rahul, 30 Jun 2012reply me if you want s2 at&t model brand new ...Yes. I want