I have the 2016 version. My battery life is pretty poor. I get just over 4 hours of screen on time with wifi on auto brightness. That's pretty bad.
Mine just started charging slow , choosing chargers and now it wont charge completely....😣
AnonD-902512, 21 Nov 2019welcome in the club. Very many Tabe-S2 owners are writing the same.
And Samsung stays 100% si... moreI agree, I will think twice before buying again a Samsung Android flagship product, lack of support for a lot of money.
I also have Tab S2 VE,it had received one android version update. I am using LineageOS with Android 9 now, from hardware point of view is till okay the quality of the tab is also okay.
Anonymous, 22 Apr 2020Me too. It somehow occured after latest update. My display issue disappear but then comes the ... morewell for me after 2 years of using i stop the software update for it since i found out it slow the down
Yosufi, 02 Mar 2020It's get slow charge what's the reason?Me too. It somehow occured after latest update. My display issue disappear but then comes the slow charging issue.
I purchasedTab S2 T815Y Exynos 5433 version in 2015. Still it looks like a new generation tablet interms of display, bulit and performance. Really worth it.
Mine is 813 model.Working very well .It has a slim magneitc original cover pad ,nice to read with this tablet .strongly recomanded!
Bought used one that looks a bit new recently and its worth every penny.
Really happy with the investment.
AnonD-902512, 21 Nov 2019welcome in the club. Very many Tabe-S2 owners are writing the same. And Samsung stays 100% si... moreroot the tablet with odin and then install custom firmware to 8 or android 9 if available
Absolutely disappointed. Output was sluggish & now the sim tray stopped functioning. Company service centre says the entire mother board has to be changed that will cost me a bomb !! Chinese models for me in future.
Kevin, 18 Jun 2019I agree that they are expensive. I got lucky, though, as I bought a used one on eBay for 80 US... moreactually, it is not worth more than 80-usd.
1) It is stuck with Android-v7 (the 2016 model has only received 1 update),
2) Sound: With only 1 speaker, the sound is lacking! in quality, loudness, and on some units there are some disturbing resonances in the cabinet.
3) Slow: After some time, it gets extra slow ... know it sounds unlogical, with 8 cores and high-frequency-cpu, but this is the case.
4) The navigation-touchbuttons are very annoying: They often don't react, and Samsungs-UI will not allow them to light-up if you turn on battery-saving (medium/high battery saving).
5) Battery-Charging time: It takes forever to charge. We let it charge during the night, because we get frustrated waiting for it to charge during the day (it takes appr. 6-8 hours for a full charge ... even though the battery is only appr. 5800mAH).
6) General impression: The Tab-S2 does not feel like a flagship. It doesn't even come close to for-instance the Samsung-S7 (which has fast charging, has been upgraded form Android v6-to-v8, is much faster, has good navigation-buttons (and sw-control), and better sound than the 4-times bigger tab-S2!)
Bg Boy, 19 Sep 20192 years and i don't have any update,and Android is 7.0.. This Tablet cost me over 500€. And st... morewelcome in the club. Very many Tabe-S2 owners are writing the same.
And Samsung stays 100% silent !!
Because of the lacking update to Orio/v8, I cannot wifi-roam. A sub-feature in v8, that for instance communicates a "hand-off" with the access-point, when the signal is getting "too low" and another access-point has a "strong signal".
Wifi-Roaming - explained :
I have 2 Asus-routers setup as Access-Points, and I have enabled their "roaming-assistent" feature, andhave adjusted their "hand-off" signal-level.
Below this signal-level (-65dB) all our units, except the Tab-S2, switches to the AP with a strong signal.
(our other units has got "Android-v8 and above" .. and I have cross-checked on the www plus with quite a lot of mobile-units, which led to my knowledge and conclusion! ... including iOS units (iPhone-SE & iPad-Mini2) which is "better", because Apple has got much better sys-upgrade support).
Sad for Samsung, that looses a lot of customers! / Marketshare, in the Tablet-market ... to Huawei and Apple!
Yasas_R, 23 Sep 2019I`ve been using my tab S2 9.7 since Sep 2015 and it still is doing awesome. Still didn`t feel ... moreyou are lucky, you don't have more "problems" with this not-Samsung-supported model.
Mine has gotten more and more sluggish ... maybe needing a "power-wash", like in the Chrome-world.
Plus more annoyances ...