Anonymous, 04 Oct 2020i have a tab s6. Mine biggest regret. DO NOT BUY.Why?
I purchased this tablet on September 29, 2020. therefore, my review is less than 1 month old. The tab has a yellow tint on the display which seems to be defective and samsung as usual has the worst service in the country.
I would suggest to stay away from this product as much as possible, Apple is the best option in terms of phone and tablets if you compare it to Samsung any day.
Has the Samsung tab S7 got a flash now as tab s6 has none?
Can I exchange my tabs6 for a tab S7 ?
Anonymous, 04 Oct 2020i have a tab s6. Mine biggest regret. DO NOT BUY.Why what's wrong with Tab S6? Mine is doing perfectly well
Hi, I can confirm that the screen of my device is also more reddish on the left side and more bluish on the right side when holding it landscape. However I had to closely inspect the screen to notice that. For me it is a minor issue, not something that would make me to look for other tablet.
dann1977, 24 Sep 2020does anyone facing unconsistency colour on this device Samsung Tab S7, i've recently boug... moreJep.. Same here. The upper part of the screen (left side when in landscape) was noticeably pink-ish / redd-ish. There was also light bleed on all 4 corners on max brightness and dark backgroud. Last but not least - the whole screen had a greenish tint. I am not talking about the green tint when using it at low brightness... The damn screen was indeed greenish, especially whites and greys when compared to my Tab S6 Lite.. And no.. It was not just a warmer calibrated screen.. It was literally dirty green compared to the S6 Lite / Tap Pro 8.4 / Ipad Pro 2017...
I could swallow the light bleed and the greenish tint.. But the uniformity and the pink-ish effect - I could not stand. Returned it only a couple of days in.. Really disappointed...
Could I switch off stylus finding? As I remember, S6 was trying to connect to stylus and so discharged more rapidly.
I don't need stylus at all, and preffer to put it in box.
Banhday, 11 Sep 2020Just bought this one today. After a few hours playing with it, I knew that I had made the righ... moreDEAR FRIEND...what is your idea about LCD display? i hope to buy a tab either S6 or S7.(S7 plus does not import to my country). if i buy a S6, that is just because of it`s AMOLED display. so, what is your idea about display quality of LCD and AMOLED? does LCD affect the quality significantly badly or is it negotiable?
does anyone facing unconsistency colour on this device Samsung Tab S7, i've recently bought it and found that LCD on the left side were reddish and the right side are bluish, and i notice the demo device are having the same problem, but on the S7+ doesn't have that problem...
I think some of the comments around OLED are unfair as it has evolved a lot since the early days:
- PWM issue can be solved with a simple no-root app, the display does not use PWM at maximum or minimum power, so the app sets the display to full power (or to a power level you find the flicker comfortable) and simply applies a dimming to the rendered output, at the cost of some of the PWM power efficiency, problem is solved. Or you always just use on minimum or maximum brightness.
- AMOLED displays are made knowing that certain colours lose performance faster than others, for example the blue element is usually twice the size, as it ages built-in firmware applies a simulated model to the display to turn-up the blue element to compensate, which is initially turned down when the display is brand-new. Samsung has refined and proven their model and now brightness consistency between pixels remains very good over time.
- You can colour calibrate Android devices, if you're really serious about colour accuracy you would re-calibrate a few times a year anyway, just as you would an LCD display.
- I don't understand the comments around uniformity, there's no liquid crystal layer, maybe over a lot of time pixel-pixel might lose uniformity but out of the box it is usually much better than an LCD display, especially one that uses edge lighting, unless there is some kind of one-off defect.
- I believe black-level is under-rated, when you edit photos on a decent IPS panel you see the detail in the picture but the blacks are not representative of the final product and you have to have some imagination for how they might turn-out on print, that's not a big problem for all light shots where IPS can match or even exceed OLED brightness but it is a problem for shots with dark elements or all dark scenes.
It would be good for someone to perform a full colour space analysis of the Galaxy Tab S7+ though, just saying NTSC isn't good enough, especially if we don't even know if it's NTSC or NTSC 74%, which would make a big difference.
lol, 13 Sep 2020Cos LCD is cheaper overall and i don't agree with u at all on LCD lasting longer cos i... morehow many of us really keep the tabs or mobile devices that it lasts long matters.. Just because you have a keyboard it doesn't mean any SH*t can be posted..
Muzik, 13 Sep 2020Amoleds provide accurate color when its new..?? NOOoo.
Actually, they never provide accurat... moreBoth AMOLED and LCD can be calibrated for accuracy. My comparison is mainly based on both display calibrated properly just to even things out. I hope that you could understand that part.
DroidBoye, 18 Aug 2020IPS is for people that wants to maximise the use of their device for 3 to 5 years and beyond. ... moreAmoleds provide accurate color when its new..?? NOOoo.
Actually, they never provide accurate colors. I experienced that color accuracy is more on LCD screen as compare to Amoled. I am a digital artist/ illustrator and I also do my all works on LCD. It gives more accurate colors while printing. On other hand Amoled always looks more saturated so as result, prints are dull.
The Observer , 05 Sep 2020LCD displays will last longer than AMOLED. why do you think Apple one of the biggest producers... moreCos LCD is cheaper overall and i don't agree with u at all on LCD lasting longer cos i've compared both side by side and LED wins hands down actually in lasting longer.
Besides, Apple is always fond of using cheap parts, selling at high cutthroats for those who are rich and don't know where to better spend their money on.
So probably u need to find out more before u buy as well.
Just bought this one today. After a few hours playing with it, I knew that I had made the right decision buying this Tab S7 instead of the S7 plus. The size is perfect. The screen is perfect too. The Tab S7 plus is too big and too thin so it is easy to bend. This tab S7 is smaller and a bit thicker so it feels very solid. Totally recommended.
Apex, 05 Aug 2020LCD? Is this 2010? I don't want a 12 inch tablet. And no option for LED screen on the sma... moreLCD displays will last longer than AMOLED. why do you think Apple one of the biggest producers of tablets don't have AMOLED on their tablets display. do research before you comment. i buying this tablet because its an IPS display