TheArrrrt, 29 Nov 2011Thanks bro! Last question, how is the phone's battery life? I'm a heavy user (texting and bit ... moreTips to extend your batter life on Samsung Galaxy W:
1. install Advanced Task Killer, set Kill Level to Agressive and Kill Frequency to When Screen Off.
2. in Settings > Accounts and Sync, turn off Background Data.
3. in Settings > Location and Security, turn off "Use Wireless Networks" and "Use GPS satellites".
4. in Settings > Power Saving Mode, turn off all selections under "Power Saving mode settings" pane (wi-fi, bt, gps, sync). That way you have control over which connections to activate if you need them.
5. in Settings > Display, lower your brightness a little to extend more battery time.
6. upgrade your firmware. Kies will detect your phone and recommend an upgrade which is already available. The battery feature has been improved.
7. turn off your wi-fi connection when not in use. This alone will save about 5% of your batter life.
8. turn on Power Saving mode and adjust screen dim to a time most comfortable to you.
Should I buy the Samsung Galaxy W or the S Plus. I've heard the sAmoled screen can suffer from burn ins =/
Anonymous, 28 Nov 2011Yes, it does work... flash also is very bright... been using mine for 3 weeks now and i have n... moreThanks bro! Last question, how is the phone's battery life? I'm a heavy user (texting and bit of apps) any suggestions?
BTW anyone here encountered the camera failed message when launching the camera app? Still figuring out what causes this error. Uninstalled the flashlight app maybe it is the cause. Will wait if it will occur again.
boybawang, 27 Nov 2011Only 351MB RAM and not 512 ? Are you sure u arent pertaining to free RAMWell actually I based this on the ram manager. It's only 351. Not sure if the system is using the rest of the ram. But still if it does then it sucks to have only 351 user available ram.
janelvl, 29 Nov 2011it still gets warm despite.closing all apps. bummer to have to carry a charger because this un... moreTry to install some battery saving apps from android market or elsewhere then see the results.
janelvl, 29 Nov 2011it still gets warm despite.closing all apps. bummer to have to carry a charger because this un... moreTry to install some battery saving apps from android market then see the results.
AnonD-32215, 29 Nov 2011Does samsung Galaxy W I8150 have swype on texting ??Yes it does.
AnonD-22363, 29 Nov 2011Can u plz tell me how's ur battery backup of this phone?battery life for me is just 13-15 hours a day... due to usage of wifi for facebook, browsing and watching tv shows through flash player in the browser, foursquare check-ins, call (i call a lot due to my job) and texts... its a decent battery life... i have galaxy SL before and battery life is o nly 6 hours...
Hi Urgent here my galaxy W having problems like sometimes i made call or receiving calls i couldn't hear anything, but after i restarted the phone and it works well, after a couple days the problem occur again, does anyone knows what to do with this?
Kindly Thanks For Your Reply.
AnonD-22363, 29 Nov 2011Can u plz tell me how's ur battery backup of this phone?it still gets warm despite.closing all apps. bummer to have to carry a charger because this unit loses battery charge by 7 hours.