Bought this one today! Was on a Q3 Micromax before this and wanted to upgrade to a android phone.. but was sceptical of using a 100% touch screen phone so this one just rightly fitted the requirement.....
Still figuring out the phone given that I am new to touch screen/ android phones...
But two things which I wanted to know before buying but hadnt found the right answer until actually bying it....
1) Dual Sim - Passive, but u can actually forward calls from one sim to the other so that u dont miss any calls.. so that really is not an issue... The phone has a dedicated button (bottom right of the keypad) for switching between sims... So while sending msgs/calling, u need to use the key to switch to the other sim
2) The RAM looks like a 256 MB RAM to me.. Couldnt figure out where it is written but the apps page gives a tab which reads ' 110 MB used, 136 MB free')
An android dual sims with 800+ processor, this one surely beats Micromax A75, LG Optimus Duo
Not sure if there are other android dual sims(GSM+GSM) launched yet to beat this one...
Seems a good buy thus far!
The basic specs of this phone are readily available from this site. Can any actual user of this phone give a short review touching the following.
1) Whether both the SIM slots support 3G? I think NO.
2) Whether GPRS works with both the SIMs. If not then which SIM it works with.
3) When both the SIMs work in DUAL Standby mode then why only one Signal bar is shown in Status bar in all photographs of this phone?
4) Can we receive phone call in one SIM when we are into GPRS in other.
5) Is there any Primary / Secondary SIM concept or any of the SIMs can be selected while dialing call / sending message?
6) What are the Phone memory / RAM actually available to user on default ROM without installing anything?
7) A bit technical - Can this be rooted with Gingerbreak / Z4root / similar software?
8) Can it make 3G video calls in default or needs some separate apps / tweaking?
9) Last but most important - How is the call quality / GPRS & GPS reception / performance ?
Mos, 25 Feb 2012Bought it today in pune for rs.9700 from retail shop. Camera is disappointing without zoom opt... moreWere you able to check if the Skype video call works fine with this phone using front camera. Or, it works only with back camera?
Its hybrid dualsim standby. U can recieve calls frm sim2 if u r browsing on sim1
Notice the network symbol on the top of the display.It only shows one symbol, whether its dual standby?
Bought it today in pune for rs.9700 from retail shop. Camera is disappointing without zoom option at max resolution, no flash. Didnt chk videocall on gsm/skype. All in all happy with it as of now
i want buy this phone
it is hindi and marathi Language support or not ?
It's in Philippines, are there any chances that it'll come to Vietnam?
how is the battery backup , can we do skype video calling with this phone.