I heard this Wifi rumour too.
And yes they sell it in some countries with Wifi.
really?? it has wi-fi??? can you link a video demo for that, wanna see it
There is a Rumour that every i550 has the WIFI Hardware build in, BUT its locked in the most countries.
There are a couple of countries where they sell the phone with unlocked WIFI.
What version and model number i550 do you have?
Use the code *#0000# to find out and post the results here.
I have the phone and it DOES NOT have WiFi! The specs on the Samsung website are WRONG!
its my first post on here
this mobile phone has a WiFi
How long does the GPS Receiver needs to get the connection?
Is the GPS fast or slow?
What kind of GPS Chip is it? Sirf 3 ??? How fast is the Gps Navigation?
I've got the phone!!!
I just happened to go to a local superstore with the idea of "hassling" them again about the phone with the usual questions of "it was supposed to be released 1 month ago, where is it?" but I was in SHOCK when they said: "they arrived this morning but let me check that for you".
No more than 20min later and €389 poorer, I was walking out of the shop with one!
Before I give you all my initial impressions, let me state that the phone DOES NOT have 802.11b/g WiFi. Yes its got HSDPA but no WiFi.
* I love the huge 2.6in screen, really makes a difference from my old Nokia E50's 2.0in screen.
* The navigation wheel is a bit weird at first (because I'm used to d-pads) but you get used to it in the end. I've lowered the vertical sensitivity and turn up the horizontal one which makes it nicer to use.
* Transferring contacts from the E50 to the I550 was a bit of a pain because Nokia's "Transfer" (Symbian based) application won't install on the I550. I ended up using a free application called "Contacts Transfer".
* There is NO PC Sync software provided which is a shame. I hope Samsung will provide this on their website soon.
* Overall its Symbian S60 3rd FP1 but the layout of some of the menus differ slightly from the Nokia flavour.
I'll post more once I've used the phone for a while longer!
yahh.. why all samsung phone is taking time to hit(too long time) the world market??? some kind of martket disturbance i think, yeahh... distrbance from Nokia, why all nokia phones release way much erlier compare to samsung?? and in korea actualy this phone is way TOOO old about a year and a half already..
and bout this fone its the thinnest samrt phone in the market now 13mm but in korea its the fattest!
-all info's from my korean clasm8
The swedish samsung homepage had to news for me this week about this phone:
The good news:
This phone will come to sweden! Finaly!
The bad news:
In april! :(
So the waiting game begins....
I would like to download drivers for this phone. Can someone help me with that?
It's now available in Bahrain for $440, there is wifi, only beta phones are without wifi
WHERE is this phone?!
In Portugal it was due to be on sale in early December (just like Italy) and the latest info I've got is January 2008 but we're about a week and a half from February and STILL no Samsung I550.....why is it taking so long to hit stores?
At this rate we'll see the Nokia N78 and E66 before the I550 ever reaches stores...
its but its look like sony ericson k850. also cmbn software like nokia. i hope it will take some market...